New release: R.E.D. v.41->44 !

I'm getting a crash on turn 41 while it's processing Greece's turn.

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    48.9 KB · Views: 123
thank you, but the log won't be enough here, I'd like your end turn save game please.

have you tried with v.44 ? (it's save compatible)

So i am finally doing a play through as the germans, i wanted to see all the cool toys they get to play with :lol:

After playing as the French and realizing how strong the Maginot line is, i developed a plan to open up France, which im keeping under wraps... just think... south :mischief:

So France falls in April 1940, the scripted event works like a charm, thanks for everyone 's hard work on debugging that.

Onto the British Isle's go all my forces... and wow are those Cities tough. I get stuck on the beaches between London and Plymoth, trying to force a city to come to the Reich, as well as landing on the East side of the Isle. Heres where the interesting bug came in, and a change in playstyle for me.

I finally kamakazi enough units at Plymouth and capture the city; then while processing the end of turn the game crash's. Its June of 40, and all of those convoy's have no where to go it seems. So i go back to the save point, and dont capture the city, and all my southern england army just turns into a big diversion, leaving Plymoth uncaptured for the convoys to have a valid target to land while i blockade it with subs and sink every transport that comes near it.

I have held off on that city and may just leave it period and take London after i wear out the brits and now it being June of 41 and Barbarosa time ill keep folks posted.

as a side note on some observations... man those british cities are tough. Even artillery supported infantry mutinied on me :crazyeye: Even with seige promotion infantry and artillery with logistics, seige, and anti fortification improvements those cities are taking a whopping.... 1 damage per attack while smashing my troops for 15 a pop. It seems the way to beat the british on their home turf is to just keep the attrition going, they are finally out of material, and i have some SS infantry there along with some Stug III's, so its just a process of wearing them out.

@kogre a giant division? That sounds crazy. Anyway I have to say playthroughs as Germany are a little more difficult now but still after the Fall of France and holding the balkans you can steamroll Russia.

@kogre

thanks for the report, if it happens again, I would like to see your log from the crash (or an end turn save game)

A giant DIVERSION good sir =) They died well, diverting alot of the British units away from my eastern and northern landings. But they died hero's death, worthy of song and saga :goodjob:

The Brits really didnt have much of a choice but to honor those landings and send troops to that stretch of beach between London and Plymoth, i had probably 12 to 14 units there, as i love to stack artillery/anti tank with my other units, and it took the British quite a few turns to finish them off after i ordered the entrenchment. Those also happened to be the first troops ashore, so the english really were keying in on them, that bought me just enough time to take the northern cities and the 2 on the east coast and push enough units into the line to actually hold.

Now the true march on London starts, with Waffen SS infantry and Stug III's to lead the way:D

Hi Gedemon!

Wow! Excellent work again.

One glitch that I encounter after updating from version 43 tot 44: Army oversize. I loaded my save file from yesterday (v43) in the new v44 mod and now my army is oversized.

It has probably to do with the units from the USA, which you circumvented by adding +1 for army size after a unit has been spawned. The v44 probably reset those number I don't know.

Just to let you know. I am winning the war already so the 30% production penalty isn't that awful.

Keep up the good work.

Heres where the interesting bug came in, and a change in playstyle for me.

I finally kamakazi enough units at Plymouth and capture the city; then while processing the end of turn the game crash's. Its June of 40, and all of those convoy's have no where to go it seems.

I had the same while playing v40. Didn't try it again but started a new game. Maybe a good thing to send Gedemon your log of save file. Mine has been overwritten...

thanks, I'll have a look at the save.

I'm still tweaking the units supply limit, it was globally lowered a bit in v.44.

I'm still tweaking the units supply limit, it was globally lowered a bit in v.44.

Sounds like a good thing. Under the so called "destroyers for bases" agreement the USA trasferred 50 destroyers to Great Britain already in 1940.

The Land-Lease Act was put into effect in March 1941 already. So it is possible to receive convoys with american goods already in 1940/1941. Those shipments were trivial.

Nearly 1/5th of all US war expenditures were done under the Land-Lease act. In 1943 the shipments were at their height. So maybe start in 1942 with a lot less units spawned slowly increasing them towards 1943/1944.

Cant wait to try this out. I had a save that doesn't work anymore when i upgraded, is it possible to downgrade the mod so i can re play my save?

Crash with version 44 while liberating

Attachments

• R.ed.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 122
Ok I just finished my first game as Germany and wanted to share my thoughts.

First off please do not take any comment as more than just constructive criticism and my own personal feelings. I know you can decide to do whatever you want and I just want to give any feedback I can to help.

1. I think the German Navy is a bit over powered for the player. I feel like I was able to spit out vessel after vessel too easily and had complete control of the seas by mid 1940. I would like to see the cost for all vessels except U-Boats increased probably by 100%. This would mean the player would have to dedicate a lot of turns to the production of Surface Warships which is something Germany did not really do with the exception of U-Boat Production.

2. The British RAF was too strong too early. When I was taking the low countries and France the air resistance was intense and almost made my air force worthless because I keep taking huge hits when I attacked. In fact it took just over a full YEAR to take the Netherlands, Belgium, and Paris. My thoughts are to maybe give the UK a big air force bonus in terms of quanity once the Fall of France event takes place to limit their interference with the invasion of France and to make them strong and ready for the Battle of Britain.

3. In line with #2 I think the UK should have limited embarking capabilities until the Fall of France. I found that I was fighting just as many if not more Brits in France than I was French. This also starts to congest the map in Northern France/Low Countries.

4 USSR counter attacks. I love how in your Stalingrad map that when the Russians counter attack it is nearly impossible to overcome. This makes for INCREDIBLE gameplay and strategy. I would love to see a couple events like this when the Germans get close to cities like Moscow, Leningrad, and Stalingrad. I am talking about the spawning of complete Armies 10-12 divisions. This would make the eastern front truly epic.

I am really glad to see that you are going to be adding a complete world map that is going to be awesome!

Overall this mod really does kick ass and I know the amount of work has been insane so thank you for everything you have done with this mod it is one of the greats!

Crash with version 44 while liberating

thanks, I'll test it when back from work. what do I need to do to reproduce the crash ?

@Formulapower:

thank you for the feedback.

(1) is more a problem with the AI for naval combat IMO, I want to try a few things to improve it first.

about (2) and (3) I agree, I think we need to reduce U.K's production capacities, and U.S.A is now on the map, as a hidden civ, I may be able to give control of US units (after spawning them) to U.K or France player, to solve the supply limit problem it's creating at this moment (and allows specific naming)

about (4), there is a "motherland call" project for USSR linked with some reinforcement, but I'm not sure it fires correctly, and/or it may need tweaking.

@Gedemon To try and reproduce it use the save (in the ZIP) and try to liberate/capture a finnish city like "Lappeenranta"

Top Bottom