Red Dwarf Mafia: The Smeggening [Game Thread - Concluded]

Right, I'm in. Let's keep in mind that this game is entirely meaningless if everyone ends up hating each other.

In Memoria of Majiffy, he woke the space-krakken.

Vote: Kennigit

You're doing it wrong.

It's Kenning.

Jeez, can't you... nah, I'm going to finish that ;)

Now that's over, I think it's safer for everyone if we get rid of Murska because he's totally going to turn out to be third party and doom us all if we don't :D

Thoughts so far:
Kennigit isn't striking me as scum. His reasoning and playstyle so far are in tune with CFC townie orthodox as far as I'm concerned, and he seemed much less worried about jiffy than others even as a wagon started to form on him.

I'd be willing to wager that Zack's town. I'm not sure scum would be willing to take as active a role in taking jiffy down as he did; it would draw too much attention too early, I feel. Not typically a risk scum want to take.

I'm hesitant to extrapolate much more out of this phase, though, because it's not hard to believe that scum and town alike were left aghast at jiffy.

Oh, I found Majiffy's participation to be so funny.
Like that guy from Goodfellas. Funny how? like a clown? Golden.
I'll vote: on Murska because if he is always a wolf that would apply on this forum as well.

unvote: Majiffy's replacement

I'll re-read the thread to generate a new lead.

The case on Kennigit was bad IMO

Something struck me that was unrelated to the Majiffy chaos:

The bigger problem is the discussion is nothing more than a lopsided debate on theory craft when you've got someone running around inciting others in such a fashion. So half the day 1 posts read entirely too similarly.

No.

This sort of looks like a parody of Mahaloth's game over on Giraffe honestly.

Sneak because bandwagon for now.
Legato voted for Snerk as the alternative wagon to Majiffy. The Sneak typo, while ammusing, is irrelevant.

Unvote Swift key auto correCT.

remake20

shortly thereafter, with nothing basically changing in the state of the thread (one more vote was added to snerk, and one more to majiffy), Legato unvoted, and is now voting for Remake20 with no explanation.

Why the change?

Legato Endless explain thy voting pattern.

Not sure what's up with people voting Murska. Is that some kind of tradition for you guys?

Unvote

I'm don't believe anything can be gleaned off of majiffy because his wildness, but also his insistence of "how am I scum?" does not bode well when there are likely independent and third party roles. Landlubber you aren't any different in my mind.

I'd be willing to wager that Zack's town. I'm not sure scum would be willing to take as active a role in taking jiffy down as he did; it would draw too much attention too early, I feel. Not typically a risk scum want to take.

I'm hesitant to extrapolate much more out of this phase, though, because it's not hard to believe that scum and town alike were left aghast at jiffy.

That's hardly a risk. The only people who could care about majiffy (or any other individual role) is if they have teammates, either as scum or quite possibly in this game some off-the-bat sanctioned quicktopics and subgroups.

Any scum not teamed with majiffy, any townie, serial killer, cultist, whatever are perfectly free to have voted majiffy.

This game also has the potential for stuff to be tied to items and so it doesn't even really matter if the item-holder dies because the actual item is what is important. Majiffy did have one insistence on "what will happen when I am town", but one individual townie doesn't really matter.

unvote: Majiffy's replacement

I'll re-read the thread to generate a new lead.

The case on Kennigit was bad IMO

vote:Majiffy for making me look up what that means (for those still wondering, its http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Random_Vote Random Voting Stage). As far as I can tell its an inevitable "feature" of early game, and saying that its dumb without casting a vote towards any alternative strategy seems questionable to me. Put your vote where your mouth is.

Ehh.....it feels to me like you are just throwing out like 1/3 to 1/2 of the player pool willingly to try to do analysis on just what was posted. You acknowledge that random voting is an inevitable part of day 1 but you're parsing the thread for a definitive "new lead" this early. There's still even what, ~8-10 people who need to post?

shortly thereafter, with nothing basically changing in the state of the thread (one more vote was added to snerk, and one more to majiffy), Legato unvoted, and is now voting for Remake20 with no explanation.

Why the change?

mmm, I don't terribly mind the "no explanation" bit. But I do kind of agree that the change could be odd. Nothing really to prompt it.

I know I'll stick to what I say fpr d1. RNG rolled up Vote: winston hughes

Not sure what's up with people voting Murska. Is that some kind of tradition for you guys?

It's a well-known fact that the 17th player in any game is a wolf 100% of the time.

It's a well-known fact that Murska is a wolf 100% of the time.

So a vote for Murska today has about a 200% chance of getting a wolf.

Unvote

I'm don't believe anything can be gleaned off of majiffy because his wildness, but also his insistence of "how am I scum?" does not bode well when there are likely independent and third party roles. Landlubber you aren't any different in my mind.

Ehh.....it feels to me like you are just throwing out like 1/3 to 1/2 of the player pool willingly to try to do analysis on just what was posted. You acknowledge that random voting is an inevitable part of day 1 but you're parsing the thread for a definitive "new lead" this early. There's still even what, ~8-10 people who need to post?
[/B]

I'm wary of this post. I'm especially not quite following the second part; now that there has been enough activity to start getting reads on it, how would it not be prudent to do so? I don't think that what hasn't yet been posted should prevent us from working with what we already have.

That and the fact that you want us to disregard the stuff dealing with the whole majiffy debacle make this post look pretty anti-information, which in turn is anti-town, and it's better than anything I have to go on so far, so I'll unvote;vote Kennigit

Something struck me that was unrelated to the Majiffy chaos:

Legato voted for Snerk as the alternative wagon to Majiffy. The Sneak typo, while ammusing, is irrelevant.

Why the change?

I was interrupted while debating a response to Jiff Gate, so the post came out much more truncated than what I planned on saying.

The vote switch was part incomplete joke about being the grammar power role mentioned in the sign ups, and part me switching to vote for someone who hadn't posted yet, which seemed vaguely more preferable than the leading candidates .

(wow. midday first day and already 8 pages. so much drama, and I was thinking red dwarf was a comedy show)

Spaceman98. We are all spacemen here, why are you trying to blend in so desperately?

Oh, hello. Sorry I'm late. University's starting up again.

So after reading through that, I'd just like to note that regardless of whether you're right or not, it does not excuse being rude. You won't get any message across, no matter how logical and well thought-out it may be, if you're not presenting it correctly. If you're smart, you take that into account.

Snerk wagon for me. Honestly, it is a good idea to push bandwagons in order to see how people react to them.

Top Bottom