R.E.D. modpack

You'll need to go into the Indian pack files in your mods folder, and modify Civilizations\India_Civilizations.xml and change all of the <ArtStyleSuffix> entries from _AFRI to _INDIA.

Actually, do you know where I could find a list of all of the new _ETHNIC things that R.E.D. Uses so I can modify other mods that have this problem?

Actually, do you know where I could find a list of all of the new _ETHNIC things that R.E.D. Uses so I can modify other mods that have this problem?
Sorry, I guess I was tired, my original response wasn't true; it's much simpler than that. So I'm starting over.

The base game civs all use the internal name of the civ itself (e.g., _INDIA or _ENGLAND or _HUNS), but you can also use the following generics:
_AFRI, _AMER, _ASIA, _EURO, _MED, _MIDEAST, _SOUTHAM

If you're using my beta there's also _CENTAS for Central Asia and _EASTEU for Eastern Europe. I've been working on adding more.

[EDIT: In general, though, the generics aren't as developed (i.e., less units are included), because they're only used as defaults where the civ would otherwise use the base game default, or for city states.]

That being said, there's a few additional suffixes that are used for city states (see SQL\5-Minors.sql), but at the moment only a few units are affected (i.e., they're mostly just copies of one of the generic suffixes, with one or two exceptions in each case). I've also been working on adding more city state unique flavor, so there will be some more suffixes soon, e.g., I'm thinking the Hebrew units will be used for Jerusalem and the 3 Phoenician city states using a _LEVANT suffix.

Since we're on the topic, I figured I'd let everyone know that I've been working on the next version of the v.28 beta (note I quietly posted a beta 2 a couple of weeks ago, but beta 3 should be coming soon).

Oh I almost missed this one!
It's great that you are working on updates, thanks! :thumbsup:

Will you announce the beta3 in this thread?

edit:
I'm getting an runtime error with beta2:
Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. Modpack (v 28)\Lua/EmbarkedUnits.lua:100: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
But that's nothing to worry about?

Sorry, yes, that's been fixed already in the unreleased version. It doesn't hurt anything other than embarked unit diversity.

If it's just a small typo or something, would you please tell me what it is so I can just change it myself in the EmbarkedUnits.lua?
I'd really like to see the embarked unit diversity. :)

Sorry, I guess I was tired, my original response wasn't true; it's much simpler than that. So I'm starting over.

The base game civs all use the internal name of the civ itself (e.g., _INDIA or _ENGLAND or _HUNS), but you can also use the following generics:
_AFRI, _AMER, _ASIA, _EURO, _MED, _MIDEAST, _SOUTHAM

If you're using my beta there's also _CENTAS for Central Asia and _EASTEU for Eastern Europe. I've been working on adding more.

[EDIT: In general, though, the generics aren't as developed (i.e., less units are included), because they're only used as defaults where the civ would otherwise use the base game default, or for city states.]

That being said, there's a few additional suffixes that are used for city states (see SQL\5-Minors.sql), but at the moment only a few units are affected (i.e., they're mostly just copies of one of the generic suffixes, with one or two exceptions in each case). I've also been working on adding more city state unique flavor, so there will be some more suffixes soon, e.g., I'm thinking the Hebrew units will be used for Jerusalem and the 3 Phoenician city states using a _LEVANT suffix.

Thank you for informing me about the tags, now I'll be able to add "support" for those mods, and thank you for telling me about the 3-4 upcoming unit skins. You said that the generic aren't as developed- is this why the musketmen, lancers and workers for those tags are still default? Because besides that they seem pretty developed to me. Or is that just a bug?

Also, is there an extreme version of the beta or will I have to choose between one or the other?

Sorry for the delay (real life is such a drag ;) ), but I am nearly done with what I'd like to accomplish with v.28. If you're willing to be a beta tester, please send me a private message.

You said that the generic aren't as developed
Fair enough... admittedly, there's a fairly small difference in number between the average generic and even some of the best majors. There just aren't as many units available as most of us would like! You feel like learning to convert units? :p

Also, is there an extreme version of the beta ... ?
The various scaling mods (Single/Reduced/JED/Xtreme) should all work... for the most part. Please let me know of any bugged units you find. I'll be visiting those mods eventually to give them better support for units from other mods, but I wanted to get R.E.D. out the door first.

Is it possible to add models to RED for the latest Enlightenment Era Mod?
You've posted this several times on various threads. Yes, yes, I'll do my best. For the line infantry, you could easily edit the mod I made for you, and change all instances of "MUSKETMAN" [in NapoleonicMusketmen.sql] to "EE_LINE_INFANTRY"

My game crashed everytime i used this mod or Ethnic units... lowering the graphics doesn't help. How can i fix this? the game feels incomplete without unique unit graphics :(

Sorry for the delay. I really have been working on it when I find the time.

My game crashed everytime i used this mod or Ethnic units... lowering the graphics doesn't help. How can i fix this? the game feels incomplete without unique unit graphics :(
Some people have issues; I'm not sure why. If the issue is an underpowered video adapter with limited texture memory, you could perhaps try R.E.D. in conjunction with R.E.D. Hotfix, Single or Reduced Unit Graphics, and/or R.E.D. Reduced File Size. However, based on the description in your other thread, if that really was the issue, I'm not sure if that would result in an immediate crash...

I wondering if you could give us a hint about what's included in the new beta ;)?
I think this is everything:
v.28 beta 3 TEST (Nov 2015):
- attempt to decrease mod loading time by limiting unnecessary SQL operations through consolidation of general and civ-specific tables and files
- make Excel exporter for easier editing/comparing unit choices, and to remove need to keep separate spreadsheet updated
- allow override of the fallback suffix type for each specific unit
- enhance mod compatibility generically [but will it cause more problems than it's worth?]
- Enlightenment Era compatibility: adjust embarked unit era and provide diversity for the line infantry
- fix bugs and increase flexibility of embarked unit Lua
- new general suffix type for Northern Europe (Denmark and Sweden)
- new general suffix type for Oceania (Polynesia and city state Wellington)
- new general suffix type for South Asia (India and city states Colombo and Kathmandu)
- new general suffix type for Southeast Asia (Siam and Indonesia, and city states Hanoi, Kuala Lumpur, Malacca, Manila, and Singapore)
- adjust some of the unit and city style choices
- add Civitar's conversion of the wizard/druid as missionary (white robe) and inquisitor (red robe) for Celts
- add Civitar's conversion of Bakuel's Cuman units for Huns
- add Civitar's conversion of Bakuel's silat for Indonesia
- add Civitar's Zapotec battle priest as inquisitor for Native North and South American civs and Polynesia
- add Civitar's Dervish Maara Weyn as cavalry for Middle Eastern civs
- add Civitar's conversion of Bakuel's Hebrew units for Levant city states (Jerusalem, Byblos, Sidon, and Tyre)
- add danrell's Kingdom of Jerusalem crusaders for Levant city states
- add danrell's akazonae as lancer for Japan
- add danrell's warrior monk as inquisitor for Asian civs
- add hangman's Inca axeman as a second longswordsman model
- add Kwadjh's conversion of the assassin as inquisitor for Middle Eastern and Central Asian civs
- add Nomad or What's conversions of Bakuel's Berbers for Morocco
- add Snafusmith's F-4 jets for Egypt, Greece, Japan, Korea, and Ottomans
- add Sukritact's Ogichida as musketman for Native North American civs
- add Wolfdog's conversion of TheCoyote's A-7 Corsair II as jet fighter for Greece, Portugal and Siam
- add Wolfdog's conversion of TheCoyote's Ho229 (world war II prototype) as stealth bomber for Germany
- add Wolfdog's Qizilbash as lancer for Persia
- add Wolfdog's V1 Rocket as guided missile for Germany
- add Wolfdog's conversion of GarretSidzaka's Viet Cong as marine for Southeast Asian civs
- add zwei833's Schwaben reskin of bernie14's longswordsman as an additional model for Germany
- add zwei833's Bohemian reskin of bernie14's longswordsman for Prague and Bratislava

Sorry for the delay. I really have been working on it when I find the time.

Some people have issues; I'm not sure why. If the issue is an underpowered video adapter with limited texture memory, you could perhaps try R.E.D. in conjunction with R.E.D. Hotfix, Single or Reduced Unit Graphics, and/or R.E.D. Reduced File Size. However, based on the description in your other thread, if that really was the issue, I'm not sure if that would result in an immediate crash...

I think this is everything:
Can i use the hotfix and/or reduced filesize with your current beta?
I think that's my problem. Crash when using Mod that changes unit graphic. It ctd'ed when the leader loading screen. i can play vanilla and other mods easily
*I uses win10 build 2.02904 btw

Hey Nutty, I've sent you am PM about your offer to betatest the v.28 beta 3 a while ago.
Any news about this? :)

I'd like to know some information:

1 - Can you use R.E.D. and Ethnic Units together? Or R.E.D. has all their units (and some more)? Because I tested both and it seems that the latter is the case - for exemple, only R.E.D. changed the warrior unit's models, by what I saw;

2 - Most custom civs' descriptions say they're compatible with Ethnic Units; they say nothing about R.E.D.; but I presume that most of them (JFD's, Tarcisio's, Tomatekh's for exemple) are also compatible with R.E.D. (as are most of the other mods). Is this correct?

Hey Nutty, I've sent you am PM about your offer to betatest the v.28 beta 3 a while ago.
Any news about this? :)
Thanks so much for the offer. I added the top 4 items in the changelog since that request, and I'm still working out some kinks, but I'll be taking you up on that soon.

Can you use R.E.D. and Ethnic Units together? Or R.E.D. has all their units (and some more)?
As you discovered there's no point because R.E.D. covers a lot more (see the included newunits.xlsx spreadsheet, which I color-coded to easily distinguish the differences with EU). The exceptions to that are that Ethnic Units uses danrell's tank-mounted antitank and antiair guns (which are great, but I find them hard to tell apart from the other armor units, especially at R.E.D. scale). EU also has a couple of XCOM variations that are nigh impossible to tell from the base unit. And while in general R.E.D. has a lot more shared units between civs (one reason there is more coverage in R.E.D.), EU shares a lot of units between Austria and Germany, and England and America, that R.E.D. does not.

If you did run them both, it might not crash the game but it will produce some odd results with some units and inconsistent scaling, depending on which mod is activated first.

Most custom civs' descriptions say they're compatible with Ethnic Units; they say nothing about R.E.D.;
Unless they include ethnic variation, I'm not sure what "compatibility" with EU is supposed to mean (in nearly all cases) other than "don't bother asking, it's fine."

The problem with R.E.D. compatibility is the downscaling and the increases to the number of unit members. I've been playing with automatic rescaling of the units from other mods, but it involves making assumptions which may or may not be correct, and I would then have to deal with the exceptions. So I'm thinking I will break that piece out into a separate compatibility mod, to make it easier to update when exceptions are found.

Top Bottom