Breeland Mafia Game Thread

I'd like to tell everyone a short little story.

Mar 22, 2015 -- None Shall Pass 2 ends. spaceman98 was in the Empire faction, a neutral-ish team composed of canonical bad guys that was opposed to the Jedi Order (also neutral-ish, composed of canonical good guys). Both Empire and Jedi were needed to eliminate the other neutral-ish faction and any other factions except the town.

Mar 22, 2015

The two NSP games were both amazing (and have provided me with inspiration for my own potential game ideas :mwaha:), both in terms of cool and unusual mechanics, and in terms of story.

Mar 23, 2015

I have an idea for a large game (30 players). Here is the description:

Breeland

also consider the following points of interest:

- Takhisis' role confirms there is a cult, and is extremely similar to several roles from None Shall Pass games.

- Jarrema's role implies that there are neutrals who aren't town, and again is extremely similar to several roles from None Shall Pass games.

- Kennigit's role confirms there are at least THREE non-town factions, including his own gondor.

- No cult in the history of cults ever starts the game out with a nightkill. Double A is NOT part of the cult. Consider that if Kennigit is the "Jedi" vig, Double A is likely just the "Empire" vig (to go with the nsp2 analogy).

- The "Jedi" and the "Empire" are NOT opposed to the town, but do need to eliminate each other. Lynching members of either faction is a total waste of time.

- The cult is gaining recruits as time goes on. Eliminating the cult HAS to be the priority, because they ARE opposed to EVERY other faction, including the town, the "Jedi", and the "Empire".

- REPEAT: focus on the cult, not on third-parties which are absolutely no threat to the town.

and to be honest, I thought kennigit surviving the n1 kill and having the ability to stop his minion's lynch screamed cult leader, but whatever. I was wrong obviously.

al sipsclar is confirmed not town, so be kind and at least word your accusations in a way that isn't silly

Maybe you should pretend better :p

Faction Goal: The Gondorian Delegation must eliminate all other factions, except for the Bree Townies (they are no threat)

Town should not worry about Gondor.

i would like to know the odds of you being in one of those "factions". I could make a hefty sum.

- Kennigit's role confirms there are at least THREE non-town factions, including his own gondor.

Not necessarily, "all other factions" could refer to only one other non-town faction, or it could just be spaceman trying to make us think there's more out there than there actually is.

- The "Jedi" and the "Empire" are NOT opposed to the town, but do need to eliminate each other. Lynching members of either faction is a total waste of time.

Only, in NSP2, after the Morgothians were destroyed, the Jedi turned on the town (well, half of them, anyway). So they were sorta opposed.

In any case, we don't know what Double A is, but he's certainly not town. If nothing else, lynching him will give us more information about the factions out there, and I'm not really thrilled to have a non-town killer out there.

- The cult is gaining recruits as time goes on. Eliminating the cult HAS to be the priority, because they ARE opposed to EVERY other faction, including the town, the "Jedi", and the "Empire".

- REPEAT: focus on the cult, not on third-parties which are absolutely no threat to the town.

Prioritizing one non-town faction over others, claiming others are absolutely no threat?

Well, I think we know now why you're so defensive of Double A and why you know he's a member of a different non-town faction.

Calling it right now: Zack is one of Double A's teammates.

His Role PM mentions a QT containing loyal "subjects." My bet is there's another member of their group responsible for keeping Kennigit alive, that or Al is actually a doctor and the third member of Gondor is the actual Watcher.

Hence why I'm still a little uneasy about them. Why is there a big mason group with a ton of powers? Seems a little bit much to be giving the town, and we haven't seen a lot of non-town kills. Either there's a superpowered cult or Gondor's not quite as benevolent as they seem or there's some other weird surprise in store for us, but I'm not really liking this right now.

I agree. It made me very uncomfortable to hear about Kennigit's proclaimed powers. and with him being Aragorn, i was concerned with what crazy array of powers the scum might have. Seeing his reveal, i still think its slightly OP but nothing to be really worried about.
Double A and his team (i believe they killed Kennigit) seem to have not believed Kennigit's claim and have attacked him. So perhaps they have a similar powered role and called his bluff. Double A's flip should be revealing.

guess what detectives, i'm not cult and neither is double a and neither is al sipsclar

and yeah choxorn, of course eliminating the cult should be priority. This is a strategy I've advocated in past games as a townie (see: Takhisis' Mafia v. Cult on the org), even when the other faction was an actual scum team and not just neutrals (as is the case here).

once again, consider that THERE IS A CULT AND DOUBLE A IS THE ONLY PERSON WITH A NIGHTKILL AND IT IS INCREDIBLY DIFFUCLT TO DEFEAT A CULT WITHOUT A VIG. and guess what? the empire had killing power and never had any possibility to turn evil, unlike the jedi.

lynching double a is -EV. lynching him for information and to see his role pm is dumb.

care to expound on that?

From the moment Al voted to save Ken, you've had them in your sights, to the extent that you gave - and apparently are intending to continue giving - Double A a free pass to keep on killing. It seems to me that, whilst you may or may not be anti-town, you've shown far too much certainty in your attitude to the game to be a townie.

ps. The explanation you give above (ref. NSP2) would apply equally if you were anti-town.

From the moment Al voted to save Ken, you've had them in your sights, to the extent that you gave - and apparently are intending to continue giving - Double A a free pass to keep on killing. It seems to me that, whilst you may or may not be anti-town, you've shown far too much certainty in your attitude to the game to be a townie.

ps. The explanation you give above (ref. NSP2) would apply equally if you were anti-town.
like i said, I thought they were scum, as did lots of people

double a chose to attack kennigit n1 and (presumably) kennigit again n2, both of which were very justifiable shots with the knowledge at the time. I don't get why you and several others are so certain he's scum. What scum team is that exactly? why be so blatant and forthright in the thread?

funny how when you were in the empire, what you're doing now is exactly what you and spaceman complained about in your qt. What are your thoughts on the cult and the threat it poses? You think it's a good idea to let them gain in numbers while you focus on lynching people who "may or may not be anti-town"?

Town Zack would never agree to this...forget about profusing this :lol:
Is this based on anything other than your own ass?

like i said, I thought they were scum, as did lots of people

double a chose to attack kennigit n1 and (presumably) kennigit again n2, both of which were very justifiable shots with the knowledge at the time. I don't get why you and several others are so certain he's scum. What scum team is that exactly? why be so blatant and forthright in the thread?

funny how when you were in the empire, what you're doing now is exactly what you and spaceman complained about in your qt. What are your thoughts on the cult and the threat it poses? You think it's a good idea to let them gain in numbers while you focus on lynching people who "may or may not be anti-town"?

How is it justified? Based on the information in thread at that time, it is not. It seems justified to you only because you probably had additional information we did not have and it is within your interests to eliminate Aragorn. Turns out Aragorn is no threat to the town.

Is this based on anything other than your own ass?

Its simple logic man. The killer is described as an Orc. yes...they are no harm to Bree.
Are you suggesting that we lynch you, Double A's team mate, and figure out if you guys are pro town/ not anti-town without removing your kill power?

once again, consider that THERE IS A CULT AND DOUBLE A IS THE ONLY PERSON WITH A NIGHTKILL AND IT IS INCREDIBLY DIFFUCLT TO DEFEAT A CULT WITHOUT A VIG. and guess what? the empire had killing power and never had any possibility to turn evil, unlike the jedi.

lynching double a is -EV. lynching him for information and to see his role pm is dumb.

Fair enough. How about we lynch you to see your role PM and get information?

Unvote, Vote: Zack

How can you say it was justified to hit Aragorn on night 2 after he was fully revealed? Even if you don't know the lore simply reading the OP confirmed Gondor is aligned with us. Even if your pedantic and think they are not Breelanders they are not some stinking Orcs or some such.

remind me never to sign up for a game on this site again

i am going to be salty af post-game

Fair enough. How about we lynch you to see your role PM and get information?

Unvote, Vote: Zack
did you just hardclaim cultist?

you want to waste a lynch just to see my role pm?

i can't deal with these elite strategies. I bet the cult QT is a happy place right now.

if any of you legitimately think an actual full-blown scum team acts this way, straightforward and blatant and out in the open, instead of lurking in the shadows and trying to fit in

then you are out of your mind or a cultist

if any of you legitimately think an actual full-blown scum team acts this way, straightforward and blatant and out in the open, instead of lurking in the shadows and trying to fit in

Well Kenny and Al were pretty open yet Ken is dead and you did call for his head even after the reveal, so I don't get your logic.

Didn't you think exactly that just yesterday when accusing us?

So were you out of your mind or cultist?

(that was to Zack)

just whatever, I don't even care anymore

in fact I kind of want you all to feel dumb when you see my role pm (except for al and any cultists, they know exactly what they are doing)

Zack, if you want us to believe you're on our side, you'll have to try harder than that. Don't just throw a fit and whine about how much your situation sucks.

Top Bottom