New video: Ed Beach on design, w/ gameplay

The video / article is new, but the gameplay footage being show is old. Some bits from E3 and some bits form some of the first look videos.

Ed mentions how it is more difficult to get all the wonders now - especially at higher difficulties - because you need to beat the AI on two outputs (science and culture) and find suitable spots.

While this isn't new, this gives me some hope that it will be more difficult to steamroll the AI in Civ6. Anything that helps those poor saps is welcome. ;)

Nothing new to watch.

Nothing new but always enjoyable to watch smiling Ed enthusing about the game. I found myself wondering where the interview took place. In an alleyway? A dungeon?

Nothing new but always enjoyable to watch smiling Ed enthusing about the game. I found myself wondering where the interview took place. In an alleyway? A dungeon?

... and how tall is Ed, does he like hoodies, so many questions :crazyeye:

Ed mentions how it is more difficult to get all the wonders now - especially at higher difficulties - because you need to beat the AI on two outputs (science and culture) and find suitable spots.

While this isn't new, this gives me some hope that it will be more difficult to steamroll the AI in Civ6. Anything that helps those poor saps is welcome. ;)

From what I understood of what he said, seems like it's much harder to get all wonders in any difficulty, but actually easier to get a few on the harder ones than it was before. As the requirements make it so that even if the AI has a lot more production than the player, because of specific terrain requirements it's easier to build a few.

From what I understood of what he said, seems like it's much harder to get all wonders in any difficulty, but actually easier to get a few on the harder ones than it was before. As the requirements make it so that even if the AI has a lot more production than the player, because of specific terrain requirements it's easier to build a few.
Yes, but what really helps the player in the long run is beelining and (ab)using synergies - this will be much harder, it seems.

Yes, but what really helps the player in the long run is beelining and (ab)using synergies - this will be much harder, it seems.

It just means we will hear more complaints from people who say they "have" to reroll when they don't get the best of the best terrain

Yeah, I think so. It's not like I don't reroll.

I like the idea of changing your plan based on your surroundings, as well.

Spoiler :

At least we have a new screenshot, haven't seen it before.

I think this one shows the more "clustered" type of city we can have.

And if my memory serves that, those four districts in itself provide adjacent bonuses to each other.

Spoiler :

At least we have a new screenshot, haven't seen it before.

I think this one shows the more "clustered" type of city we can have.

And if my memory serves that, those four districts in itself provide adjacent bonuses to each other.

That was in the England video, IIRC. :)

YES!!! love what im hearing about social polices and government!!

Also, the game looks really pretty zoomed out.

things look to be shaping up nicely! BOOM! Go get em Ed Beach :)

Top Bottom