Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Are you using the HUD color module? If so, what happens if you reinstall without it?

Hi Leoreth,

I failed to take a SS, but I observed that Portugal has no dynamic title for being a vassal of the Moors.
I assume I'm using the newest version.

Thanks, noted.

Are you using the HUD color module? If so, what happens if you reinstall without it?

I am not sure, I will check tonight.
The thing is other mods like RFCE also crash at this same point, or otherwise load the normal game under the title of the mod.
Did I mention I'm on a Surface tablet? That could change things but I doubt it.

Not sure ... as far as I know GFC Error / references to primary control scheme are about the display/interface configuration, it might be that your device cannot handle some custom interface settings. DoC without HUD color module should use the default though.

Hi Leoreth

I am playing for Brazil and have conquered Mali (independent). It supposed to be my
source of slaves but I couldn't enslave. I have cities more than 6 and slavery civic, but enslave button isn't active, requiring slavery.

Hi Leoreth

I am playing for Brazil and have conquered Mali (independent). It supposed to be my
source of slaves but I couldn't enslave. I have cities more than 6 and slavery civic, but enslave button isn't active, requiring slavery.

Only sub-Saharan civs can enslave population. You have to buy slaves from them.

But I played for Mali and Ethiopia and enslaved in Timbuktu and Aksum. I guess Mali is sub-Saharan

But I played for Mali and Ethiopia and enslaved in Timbuktu and Aksum. I guess Mali is sub-Saharan

That is supposed to happen. As I said, only sub-Saharan civs can enslave. (Mali, Ethiopia and Congo) All other civs can't. Even if you control sub-Saharan cities. It depends on the civ you are playing, not the location of the city.

Minor correction: it's the location of your capital that decides this. If you were to relocate your capital to sub Saharan Africa, it should work. This is of course not advisable for your stability.

In the DoC 1.14 at the beginning of the game an FATAL_ERROR (Memory allocation failure - exiting program. Reason: bad allocation), but in the DoC 1.13 there is no error.
I have installed the DoC Core Installer and DoC Patch v1.14.0.rar.

I have installed to the Development Version and Git, I have no problem with a fatal error, and memory. Why is that?

It's likely that this is because the Git version has no FPKs, which are memory intensive and can cause this kind of memory error. I have recently cleaned up the installer version to rely less on FPKs so that might work for you too now.

If you look into the Assets folder in the mod you will see a couple of files ending in .fpk, they are how Civ stores a bunch of art files similar to a zip file. They make the mod load faster but increase how much memory the game uses at the same time.

I went and downloaded the 1.14 installer, because I want to have the most recent official release separate from the folder that's linked to the Git repository. The installer wanted to install in RFC Dawn of Civilization, which is already the folder for the development version, so I changed it to RFC Dawn of Civilization 1.14. However whenever I try to launch this version I get a "GFC Error: failed to initialize the primary control theme" and the game crashes before the mod is fully loaded.

Hm, seems someone else has the same problem. I will reinstall again without the HUD thingy (and all that other graphics bloat, don't know why I even selected it, I play on the lowest resolution and the lowest graphic settings the game has to offer anyway) and report back.

Edit: The installer informs me that, despite me having deleted the entire 1.14 folder, Varietas Delectat and that Carbon Color HUD are still installed, and deselecting them in the installer won't uninstall them. How do I get rid of that stuff?

Edit 2: Never mind the former edit, after this reinstall without VD and HUD it runs without a hitch.

I have a problem with the latest update's installation, where some of the unit glosses and models are missing. During installation it's says something along the lines of 'can't find the right folder'. For example, the Janissary gloss and the Moorish Heavy Swordsman gloss are missing in game because they failed to find the right folder when installing. I've installed the latest version (the one without the FPKs) on both my laptop and PC and I've had this exact same error for both of them. (edit: Both times I did install VD and the custom soundtracks but not the other addons)

Okay, I've had the same issue reported in the past, I think it's related to how long your Civ4 installation path is (likely long with Steam) and Window's annoying limitation to file path lengths.

Playing as China, my scout in the Arabian peninsula seems to randomly teleport to my capital when I end the attached turn.

This is with the official 1.14 release version.

Attachments

• teleportingscout.CivBeyondSwordSave
    409.2 KB · Views: 51
Noted.

Top Bottom