Dev Livestream Today (Australia DLC)

I hope the double civ pack containts Vietnam or at least some other (SEA) civ, that has never been seen (yeah, screw you persia). :p

To be fair, this looks like the first scenario I'm actually going to play.

Is it possible to play the multiplayer scenario's singleplayer too?

Ottomans and Hungary?
Siam and Indonesia?
Burma and the Khmer?
Korea and Mongolia?
Persia and Babylon?
Ethiopia and Mali?
Inca and Maya?
Sioux and Iroqouis?
Tupi and Mapuche?
Cree and Apache?

There's so many possibilities for a double civ pack. One could be an alternative leader, but I bet it's two full civs.

The 2 civs may not even need to be that closely related. There's no reason why they can't do a "Mongolia + Inca" pack, for example, if those happen to be the next 2 civs that they have ready.

Oh definitely. Just thoght that closely related or historically tied civs make for a neater release.

If we went after the leftover info mentioned on the last page, a Portugal (some Isabella) + Genoa pack isn't out of the question. Both maritime and commercial civs. But I hope it's some out-of-Europe civs this time, for variety's sake!

Oh definitely. Just thoght that closely related or historically tied civs make for a neater release.

If we went after the leftover info mentioned on the last page, a Portugal (some Isabella) + Genoa pack isn't out of the question. Both maritime and commercial civs. But I hope it's some out-of-Europe civs this time, for variety's sake!
Well, and Chris Columbus came from Genoa and the Genoan banks financed Spanish exploration. There are ties there.

But I hope it's some out-of-Europe civs this time, for variety's sake!

But they put Australia, which is on the other side of the globe, and people didn't like it... :D

Vikings weren't in the base game? That is weird, the only thing I remember paying for was Poland.
Vikings is the name of the DLC. It includes 3 Natural Wonders, 6 city-states, and a Viking-themed scenario.

1 was Vikings
2 was Poland
3 is Australia

This is a very interesting list. I had to think about the deeper meaning of it.

back to the topic: I find the scenario within the Australia dlc very interesting to think about too. Especially like the said that it is addressed to multiplayer which wont play against each other.
For me it´s a kind of new progression because I know there was only one victory condition in Civ1 and either you play as Stalin or against him. But I can understand that there should be such a possibility to play a Civ game without war for other player, who request that game style.

I am very glad to see they have proper support for random events. Even if it's not in the base game, it'll be great for the Mod/Scenario community!

I like an economic only scenario. With its point of difference I'll probably play it more than the other scenarios.
Regarding mountains in Australia however...I think they have been seriously mislead! :lol:

They pronounced Brisbane correctly woot

Top Bottom