I tried playing with this mod with my friend and about 6 AIs. Continents Plus map, everything on standard. After about 4 turns, I, host, crash to desktop, he is still in the game. I reproduced the issue by loading the autosave from that game and it again crashed about 3 turns after.

I did disable the events system as stated.

I went to start a complete new game, but this time I disabled Vassalage system. I didn't crash now, but every third or fourth turn we go into some kind of loading screen and then continue on the game. It's playable but pain in the ass to wait for that loading every third turn.

What should I disable or delete to have a painless playthrough with my friend?

I tried playing with this mod with my friend and about 6 AIs. Continents Plus map, everything on standard. After about 4 turns, I, host, crash to desktop, he is still in the game. I reproduced the issue by loading the autosave from that game and it again crashed about 3 turns after.

I did disable the events system as stated.

I went to start a complete new game, but this time I disabled Vassalage system. I didn't crash now, but every third or fourth turn we go into some kind of loading screen and then continue on the game. It's playable but pain in the ass to wait for that loading every third turn.

What should I disable or delete to have a painless playthrough with my friend?
Hello,
How are you?
Thank you for the information, it means a lot to me!

So its playable once you disable both events and vassalage ?

I seldom hear vassalage being the problem. (I'll check) I'm guessing the problem comes from VP or AnC(a mod i added recently but maybe regret)

Or, your computer as host is the problem. You are hosting and playing right? I've run into issues similar to yours when playing with a friend from the other side of the world.

I'll fix it on my next update. How about we play a modded multiplayer together on Sunday(if time is on our side)

Thank you and have a nice day

[Major Bug - Multi Only] One more thing. I played yesterday multi with my bro on local network. We used your previous version of mod (that one where AI was building wonders) not your latest one. The "Wonder Race" mod wasn't working in our gameplay. There was no info at all about wonders. In single I tested your pack and it was fine. Don't know if the same happens in your latest modpack.

EDIT 1:
It happens only when playing multi with human player. When I started multi and set only AIs there was no problem with this mod.

EDIT 2:
Tested it again. It works, but only in one condition. When my bro started building wonder and has 2 turns more to complete it, I started the same one and in my screen showed up pop up that I loose wonder race with him. In other situations there was no info at all even though every checkbox was matched.

[Major Bug] And next thing. To repair Gandhi's UA you need to delete:
Code:
    <Traits>
        <Update>
            <Where Type="TRAIT_POPULATION_GROWTH"/>
            <Set CityWorkingChange="1"/>
        </Update>
    </Traits>

<Language_en_US>
        <Update>
            <Where Tag="TXT_KEY_TRAIT_POPULATION_GROWTH"/>
            <Set>
                <Text>[ICON_HAPPINESS_4] Unhappiness from number of Cities doubled, [ICON_HAPPINESS_4] Unhappiness from number of [ICON_CITIZEN] Citizens halved. Cities may work one additional ring of tiles.</Text>
            </Set>
        </Update>
    </Language_en_US>
from "GlobalCityWorkingDistance.xml" file in "Global - City Working Distance (v 7)" mod. This will prevent doubling UA from VP with one from this mod. Unfortunately in your modpack you need to do something more. But those lines are the key imo.

Last edited:
[Major Bug - Multi Only] One more thing. I played yesterday multi with my bro on local network. We used your previous version of mod (that one where AI was building wonders) not your latest one. The "Wonder Race" mod wasn't working in our gameplay. There was no info at all about wonders. In single I tested your pack and it was fine. Don't know if the same happens in your latest modpack.

EDIT 1:
It happens only when playing multi with human player. When I started multi and set only AIs there was no problem with this mod.

EDIT 2:
Tested it again. It works, but only in one condition. When my bro started building wonder and has 2 turns more to complete it, I started the same one and in my screen showed up pop up that I loose wonder race with him. In other situations there was no info at all even though every checkbox was matched.

[Major Bug] And next thing. To repair Gandhi's UA you need to delete:
Code:
    <Traits>
        <Update>
            <Where Type="TRAIT_POPULATION_GROWTH"/>
            <Set CityWorkingChange="1"/>
        </Update>
    </Traits>

<Language_en_US>
        <Update>
            <Where Tag="TXT_KEY_TRAIT_POPULATION_GROWTH"/>
            <Set>
                <Text>[ICON_HAPPINESS_4] Unhappiness from number of Cities doubled, [ICON_HAPPINESS_4] Unhappiness from number of [ICON_CITIZEN] Citizens halved. Cities may work one additional ring of tiles.</Text>
            </Set>
        </Update>
    </Language_en_US>
from "GlobalCityWorkingDistance.xml" file in "Global - City Working Distance (v 7)" mod. This will prevent doubling UA from VP with one from this mod. Unfortunately in your modpack you need to do something more. But those lines are the key imo.
I'm sure Gandhi has only one extra working tile right? Completing tradition will add up two extra tiles. while other civ makes use of only one. It's a theory :p

Sorry for not replying.

So, we did one more experiment. This time, we removed the AnC Flavors folder from "nmh" folder, just to see if it was causing problems.
We also changed the host player. My friend is hosting this time around. We disabled vassalage and events system once again and set a standard map.
I noticed a bit longer turn times when AI is playing, this could be because we removed AnC flavors or maybe because I wasn't the host player anymore, I am not sure.

Anyway, everything was going perfect until turn 43. Since that turn, every next turn resulted in that loading screen, I believe that's because of desync?
We saved at turn 47 and left.

What do we do now? Hah

Sorry for not replying.

So, we did one more experiment. This time, we removed the AnC Flavors folder from "nmh" folder, just to see if it was causing problems.
We also changed the host player. My friend is hosting this time around. We disabled vassalage and events system once again and set a standard map.
I noticed a bit longer turn times when AI is playing, this could be because we removed AnC flavors or maybe because I wasn't the host player anymore, I am not sure.

Anyway, everything was going perfect until turn 43. Since that turn, every next turn resulted in that loading screen, I believe that's because of desync?
We saved at turn 47 and left.

What do we do now? Hah
Try this super incredible beta! Secret changelog, because.. beta. (ai can't make wonders...)

I'm sure Gandhi has only one extra working tile right? Completing tradition will add up two extra tiles. while other civ makes use of only one. It's a theory :p
Problem with Gandhi is that in main menu we can see this: "Unhappiness from number of Cities doubled, [ICON_HAPPINESS_4] Unhappiness from number of [ICON_CITIZEN] Citizens halved. Cities may work one additional ring of tiles.". And in actual game there's VP version of his UA which gives him free pantheon on the start and some religious bonuses (and he can't build missionaries). He can also work additional ring of tiles. There's some incnosistence in his abilities.

[Major bug] Morover I found (also in your old version) that Wonders that should be connected to the doctrine tree (Hanging Gardens, Terracota Army, Pantheon...) can be built by anyone. I'm not sure if this is fault of your modpack or VP itself but it doesn't work like it was supposed to. You could check it out. I will try to play only VP and I will tell you what I got.

Last edited:
Problem with Gandhi is that in main menu we can see this: "Unhappiness from number of Cities doubled, [ICON_HAPPINESS_4] Unhappiness from number of [ICON_CITIZEN] Citizens halved. Cities may work one additional ring of tiles.". And in actual game there's VP version of his UA which gives him free pantheon on the start and some religious bonuses (and he can't build missionaries). I don't know if he also has those old bonuses plus ring of tiles. But there's some incnosistence in his abilities.

[Major bug] Morover I found (also in your old version) that Wonders that should be connected to the doctrine tree (Hanging Gardens, Terracota Army, Pantheon...) can be built by anyone. I'm not sure if this is fault of your modpack or VP itself but it doesn't work like it was supposed to. You could check it out. I will try to play only VP and I will tell you what I got.
Hi!
To be honest, I've experienced this too, which is the policies focused wonders and would love your feedback.
Convenient start has no air recon but 5 moves now :3 and building upgrade mod scrapped. Plenty of new mods, find it yourself *wink*. Gandhi has 4 ring tiles, I've checked. So completing tradition gives him 5. Reminder to self: remove AnC flavor mod, urghh what a nightmare.

Ok, tried to play only VP and it turned out that your modpack changes descriptions of the doctrines. In VP there are following wonders f.e. University of Sankore --> Tradition, Alhambra --> Autority. In your modpack there are: Hanging Gardens --> Tradition and Pantheon --> Autority. NVM. In your most recent version it is probably resolved. I saw proper wonders in doctrine screen.

From latest modpack:
-flags are incompatible with all new promotions added in two additional mods and with some recent chages in VP. Moreover there's a mess in the screen when there are few units 6+ level on the screen on the same or adjacent tiles.
-outpost, city view, path viewer and barbarians evolved seem to work well
-pls remove ANC FLAVOURS :[. I would like to test this modpack with my bro but when AIs dont build wonders its impossible.

Last edited:
Ok, tried to play only VP and it turned out that your modpack changes descriptions of the doctrines. In VP there are following wonders f.e. University of Sankore --> Tradition, Alhambra --> Autority. In your modpack there are: Hanging Gardens --> Tradition and Pantheon --> Autority.
Thank you Adan. A suggestion to you and @xForcer . try using the latest luajit for civ v and use small interface setting when using my new modpack update. Hm, now where is the mod that changes the description for policies?

Hm, now where is the mod that changes the description for policies?
Maybe it was old VP version problem. Now you use the latest one in your modpack. I played that one where AI was building wonders. There could be older version with some bugs. This seems to be fine.

What is this "luajit"?

Thank you Adan. A suggestion to you and @xForcer . try using the latest luajit for civ v and use small interface setting when using my new modpack update. Hm, now where is the mod that changes the description for policies?
Mind giving us that latest LuaJIT file? I am not confident in downloading something from reddit
Also, small interface setting is in-game settings or?

Mind giving us that latest LuaJIT file? I am not confident in downloading something from reddit
Also, small interface setting is in-game settings or?
Don't be like that xforcer, reddit community is legit. I'm using it too! If any graphic errors, disable shadows. Download LUAJIT here! New update underway, deleting anc. Putting flag promotion graphic problem aside ( extremely minor for now, but thanks Adan!) any more?

Ok, tried to play only VP and it turned out that your modpack changes descriptions of the doctrines. In VP there are following wonders f.e. University of Sankore --> Tradition, Alhambra --> Autority. In your modpack there are: Hanging Gardens --> Tradition and Pantheon --> Autority. NVM. In your most recent version it is probably resolved. I saw proper wonders in doctrine screen.

From latest modpack:
-flags are incompatible with all new promotions added in two additional mods and with some recent chages in VP. Moreover there's a mess in the screen when there are few units 6+ level on the screen on the same or adjacent tiles.
-outpost, city view, path viewer and barbarians evolved seem to work well
-pls remove ANC FLAVOURS :[. I would like to test this modpack with my bro but when AIs dont build wonders its impossible.
flags are somewhat compatible, I'll look into it

I have one more question for now. I read the unique city states forum and there is an information on page 5 that events need to be turned on while playing this mod. You from the other side say in 1 page that to play modpack i need to turn them off. Do you use some special version of ucs or Im missing smth? I will test this beta version you posted and test it if i have enough time.

We'll try your new update.

We tried just few hours ago a new game with the beta update and small interface setting, without LuaJIT and AnC Flavors deleted. No events, no vassalage, quick combat disabled this time, friend wanted that.
He got into loading screen after turn 2 (he was the host), I crashed to desktop with no errors.

Started losing hope...

We'll try your new update.

We tried just few hours ago a new game with the beta update and small interface setting, without LuaJIT and AnC Flavors deleted. No events, no vassalage, quick combat disabled this time, friend wanted that.
He got into loading screen after turn 2 (he was the host), I crashed to desktop with no errors.

Started losing hope...
Igot time. wanna hit when i'm done making a new beta?

Well, you can try troubleshooting with me. I can't really play with you for long time. I am using Tunngle

We'll try the newest update.

Edit: Should we change to Directx 9? We have good PCs but still, could that be the problem?

Last edited:
Well, you can try troubleshooting with me. I can't really play with you for long time. I am using Tunngle

We'll try the newest update.
Glad you're interested. Unfortunately, It's night time right now, and it's way past my bedtime. Next time xforcer!

Top Bottom