[GS] GS impressions/random observations thread.

Started a throwaway game as Canada last night after it downloaded. Poor Mexico City, my friendly neighboring CS was getting hit with natural disaster after natural disaster...dust storms, 1000 year flood, normal floods. And here's me with one minor flood that damaged a farm. And Russia deciding to take out my friend but I had few units so couldn't do anything about it compared to his hordes. But the barbarians seem to be more numerous and aggressive. Cleared all the surrounding camps and more kept popping up in areas I cleared. I had a barbarian scout attacking Halifax! I've never seen a barbarian scout attacking a city before. But the barbarian hordes were kind of hard to manage in the early game for me. Maybe because of the proximity to tundra tiles?

AI seems much more aggressive trying to convert my civ now. I'm having to faith buy inquisitors to defend against an onslaught of Swedish Apostles. I could spend favor to ask her not to, but I feel like I can defend against these and get the boost to my own religion. Though I did lose one battle. She has converted a couple of my cities through using charges.

I'm having trouble dealing with dust storms, I have a couple aqueducts, but not much.

AI seems much more aggressive trying to convert my civ now. I'm having to faith buy inquisitors to defend against an onslaught of Swedish Apostles. I could spend favor to ask her not to, but I feel like I can defend against these and get the boost to my own religion. Though I did lose one battle. She has converted a couple of my cities through using charges.

I'm having trouble dealing with dust storms, I have a couple aqueducts, but not much.
Yes I found this too, the AI was much more aggressive early on in the game spreading religion.

More aggressive with religion? Sounds awful, I didn't think that could get much worse. Also bad for the AI, since there are even more uses for the faith currency

I am seeing barbarians as green at the mo gah! Maybe my green is red and my red is green :lol:

So maybe this is an alternate strip for Australia, but it's funny to see them in what looks a bit like Egypt's colour scheme to me; and these barbarian scouts look like they're the colour scheme Australia was changed to; which has now been rightly abandoned.

Do you guys see it that way from this pic? I'm guessing it'll only apply to people with my type of colour blindness. Arg - I'm going to have to start a new thread about this. Tomorrow...

Maori Colour blind.PNG

So maybe this is an alternate strip for Australia, but it's funny to see them in what looks a bit like Egypt's colour scheme to me; and these barbarian scouts look like they're the colour scheme Australia was changed to; which has now been rightly abandoned.

Do you guys see it that way from this pic? I'm guessing it'll only apply to people with my type of colour blindness. Arg - I'm going to have to start a new thread about this. Tomorrow...

View attachment 517705

I'm not color blind but I would mistake that for a Trade city-state. The blue is very dark.

I'm not color blind but I would mistake that for a Trade city-state. The blue is very dark.

Do you see those barb scouts as green or red EP? Or something else?

It's amazing to me how many people played a whole or close to a whole game over one night. That usually takes me a week or so.
Agreed. For me Civ games are a bit like the digital equivalent of that chess game against yourself that stays on the coffee table for weeks.

Having a lot of fun although I keep restarting to try out somebody else.
Maps are beautiful, barbarians are everywhere.
Maori are OP unless you make a really bad/unlucky choice for your 1st city.
Reyna is great for them, double adjacency from harbours and +2 gold for each unimproved feature.
Now who next?

They are like black on dark mustard.

You're a punk using a phrase like "dark mustard" to a colour blind person :lol: :p
They're definitely different from the red they appear in the non colour adjusted version...?

are the warriors from two different countries?

In my pic? Yeah, one is Australian, the other Maori.

One is white on yellow, the other is yellow on grey. The scouts are black on yellow. It all looks very confusing.

• They fixed it so that the reward from collecting a goody hut is no longer announced before the movement animation.
  • Conquering a civilization’s last city earns you 150 grievances with EVERY OTHER civilization.
  • By turn 127 I have yet to see a barbarian.
  • City-states are still dropping like flies.

You're a punk using a phrase like "dark mustard" to a colour blind person :lol: :p
They're definitely different from the red they appear in the non colour adjusted version...?

Oh ok. The Maori one looks almost like the barb, only with a white icon instead of black.

One is white on yellow, the other is yellow on grey. The scouts are black on yellow. It all looks very confusing.
That's what I thought too, but it wasn't for us--just gives us a taste for what it's felt like for people with this issue all this time.

Top Bottom