ASNES-Motherhen chapter 2

To:Japan

If we are not good friends because we won't sell lands that my men died for.Consider our alliance dissolved.

Update later tonight!If you've not gotten your orders in..Do so.

orders Netherlands:
-get free Naos and Carracks from Project
-spend 1 eco on getting more venetian Galleasses and Galleons
-spend 1 eco on more men for the army
-spend 1 eco on upgrading the industry
-upgrade eco if possible(stimulate economy through different financial packages)

Russian Orders:
2 eco into army
1 eco into defence
expand east and north

Zhong Guo Times
Special Edition​

It is the 36th year of the Emperor Zong Zhu Yiju the Empire of China had invaded, and has now withdrew from the British Colonies of Southeast Asia. He will be addressing the people of China soon on the gates of the Forbidden Palace and here the Emperor is now…

“My Citizens, Nobles, Soldiers, Officers, I know that you are angry at my peace treaty with the British. But know this, if the war had continued, how many good Chinese boys would love to see their sweethearts? They would have been cut off from the mainland by the Formidable British Fleet, and face it my brethren, are we a match at sea against the British? Why should we march out and engage the European Empires so soon when our homeland is not yet secured? You ask me, who dares threatens China on land, and I tell you this, the Mughal Empire in the southwest has reformed, and has threatened to invade China. The Burmese “vassal” King is Arrogant, the Dai Vet has agreed to a MPP, and the Japanese Empire controls the Koreans. Are these not ample threats against the Ming Chinese Government? And then again are the hordes of Europeans, the “Russians” from the west in huge numbers. I ask you again, are those islands in the Pacific Southwest worth the lives of thousands of Young Chinese Men in the full bloom of their youth? NO! Those islands are worth nothing, they are grains of sand in the infinite of the sea. Know that in my reign, I shall NOT engage in an aggressive foreign war, and seek instead to improve the shipping and trade between Europe and China, and educate more of my population to the glorious light that Intelligence brings. Good Day Citizens, and Long Live China!”

As we see, the Emperor has made a solemn promise that the Empire will not take part in an aggressive Foreign War during his reign. How that will effect the Imperial Sucession is unknown as it is widely know that the Crown Prince is an avid Expansionist and a herald of the Navy.

Fall of 1628

The chinese emperor makes a speech about how he was going to give his colonial posessions to Britain(And gets tomatoes thrown at him by half the crowd),but makes no order of it.The populace is puzzled.There are rumors of a new ship being modelled inside China,but the exacts are unsure,and the chinese corps trying to invent this new ship ask for more money from their emperor to make this a reality.The Chinese share their knowledge of the Exploding cannon balls with the Mughals.

England orders 40 thousand men to be shippd to what should have been given to them,by a signed treaty from the chinese emperor.They met stiff resistance from many veteran chinese.The English were only allowed to storm a few islands,simply because they invaded them with overwhelming forces,one at a time,with naval support from a nicely sized galleon fleet.
English Losses:20k,good,2
Chinese Losses:5k,veteran,1

Germany tries to go out and colonise stuff...With his naos.The Kaiser orders the building of one whole nao..But the minister of the navy,being given an economy to do so,raised the full amuont of naos that could be built with the amount he was given.The naos that were sent to colonise stuff were quite shocked that he would have ships without regular army go and colonise,so they established a dock...Nothing more.

The Persian scientists make a model 2 gunblade that packs even more of a punch than the first model.

The council of the few laugh maniacally,and then raise a huge army.And rumors are circulating threw the spanish colony of mexico that a nicely sized,decently equipped reblion is going to be fired up.Of course the rumors are pointing fingers at the Queztalaca Leagaca

Sweden starts te biggest slew of slave trade known to the world.It's awesome.

The Mughal Empire gains new leadership.With this comes the killing of all mughal lords,and the placement of new lords in their place.The new Emperor has declared that he will not tolerate any attempt at any european powers to advance further into India.

Portugal (Now a permanent NPC) has just declared that they are going to start a banking business.THere is no set interest rate or anything.Just tell me how much you need,and I will tell you when and how much to pay back.

Trade Missions

England-13 Xebecs and 4 turtle ships(Why?) commense trade with Spain trewout the season,gaining 1 economy extra for the coffers of Britain.

Ottoman Turkey-The whole fleet of the Ottoman turks was sent to trade all season with England,gaining 5 economy's worth of proffit.

Venice-15 Venetian Galleasses went to India,20 to a round trip of china,korea,and Japan,22 to south america,and 20 to the south african coast to trade with te dutch colony.The only mission that made it back for the next season,was the south african mission.Bringing back 4 econ worth of valyuhbles.The other trade missions should come back with 16 economy worth of valuables next season.

Denmark-Sent 20 xebecs and naos to trade with Japan.WIll be back next year with 6 econ worth of profit.

Portugal-Sent their whole fleet to trade with the brazilian colony,gaining 4 economy.

Other trade bull****

England The people from the north american colonies yearn for Swedish slaves from africa.
Portugal
The Ottomans Far eastern goods rise in demand.
Venice North American cotton rises in demand.

LE MAPPOIS DE GRAND!Or something.

Attachments

• emus_colonization.GIF
    emus_colonization.GIF
    88.5 KB · Views: 137
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA Etc...

I forgot your expansion Alex,put that fact in your orders for this turn,and you will have double expansion next turn...DOUBLE EXPANSION!

OOC: Amon, I believed u overlooked the part that I put in my orders to withdraw all men in my colonies... Is there something else i need to do?

To Japan
From Ming China
We agree.

EDIT: Amon, on my stats for navy, there's just a number 16 after the Junks, is there supposed to be La Reale there? :D

Yeah,join as austria

And I'll fix that there La Reale word on next update this Monday.

If there was a part where you said to evacuate your colonies,I did miss it.

~ Vive Le France ~
The rise of Armand Jean du Plessis de Richelieu and the Consular Regime

Louis XIII, the last king of France, was sitting in his room, playing with his numerous toys. The King was just a boy, and years earlier, he had doomed his kingdom. In a tantrum, he cast Richelieu out of his court, and declared that he would rule over france. Alone.

Needless to say, the people of france were worried. How could a boy rule a nation? Then, the first wave of taxes came. Louis declared that the empire was not making enough money, and thus the empire needed to make more! Taxes upon taxes upon taxes were put on the people of france. Quickly they began to anger, and right when anger was about to break into rebellion, The King declared war on the colonial english in america. Louis wanted all control over military matters, but didn't want to leave france. So he sent orders through letters and needless to say, the English quickly smashed allied french and iroquoi forces.

Louis did not accept this, and he kept on raising taxes to 'fight a war'. Well eventually that war came, when the English landed on Britanny. Chaos ensued. France could never be occupied! Men rallied all across the country side, and after the initial english victories, the war quickly turned into a quagmire for the english. French regulars kept losing to the english on the open field, time and time again, but the french militia defeated the english easily, with their unrivaled knowledge of the land. Soon England was forced to withdraw, as the war was taking too much of a burden on the english people. The people of france vowed never to let foriegn forces land in france, and soon, there was discontent among the populace again. Louis needed more taxes to rebuild the nation, but instead he squandered it on parties and a new palace. The French people were outraged, and Richelieu came out of the shadows oncemore.

Once a firm monarchist, he had now been disillusioned, and was now preaching the ideals of a Republican government. He looked to the early Roman republic as inspiration, and soon men rallied around him. He sent letters to generals of the armed forces, letters to governers, and soon, he had all of france behind him. Had it been a different king, Richelieu would have been executed months earlier, but this was no king, it was a boy, who was sitting here playing with his toys.

Louis heard a loud racket outside of his palace. People were screaming and loud bangs filled the air with noise. He ran to his balcony to see what was going on.

He saw what seemed to be a mock battle in the Palace garden. Republican Musketmen were lined up in formation, against the French royalists. the royalists tried to run, but they could not as garden foliage was blocking their way out. The Republicans, following Richelieu, then dragged up a cannon, at near point blank range, and fired into the mass of royalists.

With a 'whiff of cannonshot' he had defeated the Royalists in Paris.

Louis watched in horror, and then turned from his balcony and back into his room to try and escape, but at the entrance, approached two republican musketmen.

The Consular Regime

In the weeks that followed, nearly all royalists were executed. The King himself was hanged, and many others followed. Royalist rebellions were put down in the south, and Richelieu stood poised to rule France.

True to his word, he established a Republic. Thus began the First Republic of France, with Richelieu as its leader, the First Consul for life. He immediately set out to rebuild France, and soon instituted numerous reforms in the Armed forces.

Richelieu issued standardized uniforms. Now all French soldiers wore the dark slate gray uniforms. The Big and gaudy uniforms of the French monarchy were gone.

Levee En Masse was instituted, and now France used conscripts as the bulk of its armed forces. Trained as they moved on campaigns, or trained at home.

Cavalry were distinguished from the infantry, and now cavalry served as a desicive factor in battles, and a large reliance on cavalry made the French army highly mobile.

Artillery was emphasised as the backbone of the armed forces, and France invested heavily into light, and mobile guns that could be brought against the enemy formations in great numbers.

Now French armies, with the most professional and highly equipped artillery crews in europe, and a sizeable infantry and cavalry force, prepared for the coming storm.

How would Europe react to this new 'Republic', and how the peasentry of other nations would react, is yet to be seen.

VIVE LE FRANCE

Top Bottom