Most underrated/obscure/criminally overlooked band you can imagine...

Mr. Dictator

A Chain-Smoking Fox
hmm?

i'd have to say...

King's X
Wire
Shellac
Nirvana

(guess which one's the joke ;))

basically, who should have been renowned but wasnt.

nirvana might not be that great a musicians, but they did change the rock n roll scene and they did rid the world of that crappy hair metal thing. god bless Kurt for that.

also what they lacked in skill i think they made up with sheer intensity and great lyrics. but thats just me.

Jawz II said:
nirvana might not be that great a musicians, but they did change the rock n roll scene and they did rid the world of that crappy hair metal thing. god bless Kurt for that.

also what they lacked in skill i think they made up with sheer intensity and great lyrics. but thats just me.

eh, they're ok. but overrated. very.

Blue Oyster Cult....

Hmmm.....if i was going to give a proper answer i'd starting naming local bands that desrve to get signed but never have been...but thats a little toooo obscure.

AlCosta said:
Kasabian .
Wha..?

They are hardly underated...at least in the UK anyways.

Arctic Monkeys, i would have to say the most underrated band ever.......

oh are we not in opposite land today?

ComradeDavo said:
Hmmm.....if i was going to give a proper answer i'd starting naming local bands that desrve to get signed but never have been...but thats a little toooo obscure.

Wha..?

They are hardly underated...at least in the UK anyways.

over here they and artic monkeys didnt make a dent.

and i like them actually :(

GoodEnoughForMe said:
Without a doubt, Eve-6.

Did they have any other singles besides Inside Out? Meh, I never thought they were that special....

Cuchullain said:
The Dead Milkmen

:lol:! God they were great. Good videos too!

nonconformist said:
Dead Kennedys.

Are they really underrated? Well, they probably deserve a mention..

Mr. Dictator said:
over here they and artic monkeys didnt make a dent.

and i like them actually :(

oh well here the arctic monkeys are very rated- apparantly the best band ever according to some.

In the US, Arcade Fire.

warpus said:
Eh? First you say they're underrated now you say they're overrated, which one is it?

I'd have to say Thievery Corporation

well, this thread is about underrated bands that deserve to be recognized, i said nirvana, then i said "guess which one's the joke?"

not saying nirvana doesnt need to be recognized but the irony is that they are overrated so they dont fit in the list ;)

and yes, thievery corporation are amazing.

you should check out brazilian girls.

warpus said:
Eh? First you say they're underrated now you say they're overrated, which one is it?
If your band needs exposure, there's nothing better you can do than top yourself/die of an overdose/tragic accident.

Top Bottom