Started Playing (pics updating)

Wow this sucks there are no ethinic cities. At least there are ethnic units but...

I knew Firaxis would not bother to fix this. Even though, it SHOULD have been fixed in the Warlords 2.08 patch. Their Middle East/European/Mesoamerican city styles do not differ, though they are listed differently in the XML!

No matter how great this expansion is, this fact Firaxis was to lazy to fix this will drive me absolutely crazy.

Dariush aslan shekle erooniha neest!

Anyways, looks pretty good so far. Considering that the expansion focuses on the modern age, there's not going to be much new to see in the ancient era.

okey i will update you guys tommorow i really need some sleep have a good day/night

Biggamer132 i know :D ey baba zefidtar dariush bood onghad ziaaa ke nabood

okey i will update you guys tommorow i really need some sleep have a good day/night

Biggamer132 i know :D ey baba zefidtar dariush bood onghad ziaaa ke nabood

Vahgan! Avalin dafeh ke didamesh, fekr kardam ke efriqai bood.

That is a non-standard option...he probably just has it off

Good to hear.

Did the modern unit graphics get diversified? Just curious about marines/infantry/calvary.

OMG this is great. I've wanted ethnically diverse units for so long! YES!!!

I just got it, installing now! EB in Hobart has it, if there's anyone else from Hobart or Tassie here. They said it had just come in, so I timed it well.

I noticed in the manual that Forest Preserves are an improvement, it says their function is to 'help spread dwindling forests and jungles'.
Edit: also, it comes on a single DVD in Aus.

Edit:
Grenadier requires Millitary science, as does the millitary academy.
Parthenon requires aesthetics, various wonders provide espionage points, sailing now needed to trade along rivers. State Property no longer provides food bonus from watermills and workshops, instead provides a 25% production bonus (!)

Nationhood provides 25% bonus to espionage points. Other civic changes hav already been posted. Environmentalism got a decent food boost it seems.

I just got it, installing now! EB in Hobart has it, if there's anyone else from Hobart or Tassie here. They said it had just come in, so I timed it well.

I noticed in the manual that Forest Preserves are an improvement, it says their function is to 'help spread dwindling forests and jungles'.
Edit: also, it comes on a single DVD in Aus.

Not Civ 3 "plant forest" but close enough!

Please post a screenshot of the new Tech Tree. Also a list of the new and changed units would be cool, alot of us are wondering how they improved/changed the Musket Man etc.

I got the game as well, and the most impressive thing to me so far (besides all the cool new gameplay features) is the speed!!!
The first few turns i played so far are incredibly smooth (AMD 4200, 2GB, NVidia7600XS) compared to Warlords (which wasn't bad to play).
If i press exit to desktop now, I'm there whithin a few seconds (compared to Warlords where it took up to almost a minute to react normal again!!)

I also found a bug (I think): after a few turns, in which I got to meet a few other Civs, which showed up in the scoretable, were lost from the scoretable a few turns later. Only my own score was displayed and the only way to contact them, was through the foreign advisor screen!

There's a new gameplay change I just found out about:

If you demand something from another civilization, you can't declare war on them for 10 turns.

Well, if you demand gold. Haven't tried techs yet...

Well they removed the option to reroll the map on the first turn of the game :(

I also found a bug (I think): after a few turns, in which I got to meet a few other Civs, which showed up in the scoretable, were lost from the scoretable a few turns later. Only my own score was displayed and the only way to contact them, was through the foreign advisor screen!
Click on your score again, I believe.

Top Bottom