BTS Screenshots Repository

Well I'm not so sure. Gunships will probably cause flanking damage to attacking siege weapons, so I'm guessing they are the key to protecting oneself against Mobile Artillery.

A huge stack of Mobile Artillery that's immune to collateral damage would be able to take ANY city, no matter how heavily defended.

Unless of course, the city is garrisoned with Mobile Artillery. Which would make mech infantry essentially obsolete.

But does the new unit art also include units that a civ historically never had? For example, does Babylonia have unique art for their battleships?

Yes I'm curious about the mechanical units too but I fear that Firaxis only changed the human units. But then the question will be what do Babylonian SAM Infantry look like.

A huge stack of Mobile Artillery that's immune to collateral damage would be able to take ANY city, no matter how heavily defended.
But the flanking damage AFAIK causes damage to all artillery in the stack (i.e. like a reverse collateral damage). Note: I'm not 100% sure on this and we'll have to wait for info on Flank Attacks (the Civilopedia page screenshot hasn't been posted yet)

Mobile Artillery have a % cap on the amount of damage they could do, so no, they couldn't.
Well, at an 85% cap, that's still some amazing softening up. With accompanying tanks you could effectively kill two remaining defenders per tank without any significant chance of losing. I'm putting my hope in Flank Attacks for resolving this issue.

Mobile Artilery probably takes collateral damage from gunships (flank attack).

How would that work exactly? :confused:

Pretty much like it works for bombers in Warlords. The collateral damage is capped and you can never kill an enemy with a siege unit, rather the fight sequence ends when the siege unit has caused it's damage cap.

Here an important question that I don't think anybody has asked yet:

Can siege units still earn XP even if they can't kill anything anymore?

Here an important question that I don't think anybody has asked yet:

Can siege units still earn XP even if they can't kill anything anymore?

Now that is a very interesting question! We know that as city defenders siege units can still kill attackers (I've seen this; don't reacll where), but as attackers they cannot kill city defenders - one still needs to mop up with infantry. (It makes goos sense about forcing the use of infantry to finally take a city.)

It looks like the only way siege units earn XPs is when they defend a city... Am I correct in this assumption?

Now that is a very interesting question! We know that as city defenders siege units can still kill attackers (I've seen this; don't reacll where), but as attackers they cannot kill city defenders - one still needs to mop up with infantry. (It makes goos sense about forcing the use of infantry to finally take a city.)

It looks like the only way siege units earn XPs is when they defend a city... Am I correct in this assumption?

I think when the a siege weapon does all the damage its cap allows, it is considered a victory. That seems like the only possible solution.

^^^^ I was stunned when I saw this thread start late last night NS. But alas, methinks we got owned by them civfantics down-under. :(

:lol:

No. Probably not. Since air units can now also gain XP and they are also damage capped, but can't defend. I'm guessing that if they attack and reach their damage cap in a fight, then they get XP.

My First game also was quite Funny.

Played random and got some old Leader, builded 6 cats, 2 axes and 1 spear and headed to Peters capital.

The Plan was ...

Point a) bomb away all the defence % - done !

Point b) Atack with 2 cats - beeeep ERROR, no winning chance for my cat? hey wtf is going on? :[

so i suicided those 2 stupid axes and reloaded the game :D

But after reading the pedia entries, posts about the game, and seeing screenshots; I can barely contain myself!

Well, me either, but now I'll be freaking out reading about the game itself, rather than freaking out speculating about it and debating about Hitler and whether Marxism is similar to religion ;).

^^^^ I was stunned when I saw this thread start late last night NS. But alas, methinks we got owned by them civfantics down-under. :(

:lol:

Considering that Sidney is 15 hours ahead of us, it makes sense. I have a cousin who lives in Sidney.

does SAM infantry upgrade to Mobile SAM, or mech infantry?

Considering that Sidney is 15 hours ahead of us, it makes sense. I have a cousin who lives in Sidney.

Sidney? (sic). You just wait till all the Aussies from Sydney wake up :mischief:

Top Bottom