RFC MP Test: Numero Dos

Whitefire

Emperor
This will be the final release, with only bug fixes and SP RFC changes added in.

Changes from SP RFC.

No civ switching in-game. You must leave and re-enter as the new civ.
No option to refuse city flips.
No world congresses.
No Mercenaries

Date: Oct 7th, 10am PST.

We would appreciate a large group of players for this.

Where do I sign up?

Can I be Russia?

Also where there be a few rules laid down? Like 'no waiting by a player's spawn point with the intention of destroying them in the first few turns of their spawn?' XD

Wow! How have I not heard more about this??? Do you have an estimate for when it will be available for public download?

Wow! How have I not heard more about this??? Do you have an estimate for when it will be available for public download?

October 7th. The current version we're working on is for the upcoming patch, so we can't release it before Firaxis does. Here's the thread on the previous version. Although, the 3.03 version is not available to download anymore and we don't have a working version for 3.03.

Should be Monday, October the 8th, 19:00 CEST. Why not during the weekend ?
I can be present, my wife too if you need more ppl.
Btw I have the older version, I'll upload it somewhere and update this post later today.

The 8th? Unless that's a bank holiday I won't be able to play. I'd like to though, isn't there any chance of doing it on a weekend?

Please explain to me why this is a bad thing.

Isn't it obvious? I could see someone spending a lot of their resources on planning to topple you within the first handful of turns, and that would totally ruin it for the one spawning because they obviously can't plan for it :p If more than one person does this, a few civilizations won't even have a chance to get past their first turn. In normal 1 player game you obviously don't have to worry about this. The thing about this mod going mp is if you give a bit of study you KNOW when and where others will spawn, so it's so easy to take advantage of that.

Mayan ripping the Aztecs apart within 1 turn is one example of it. I've done it a few times myself in single player. I once even waited by the Russian's spawn as Greece, and ousted them.

Úmarth;5964035 said:
The 7th? Unless that's a bank holiday I won't be able to play. I'd like to though, isn't there any chance of doing it on a weekend?

*cough* It is on a weekend...*cough*

If you spend resources to do that (Mayas wiping Aztecs that spawn with Longbowmen on Hills require quite some planning eh) then most likely, in a MP game, you will see someone else win. I'm unsure how smart it would be to do that.... provided you play to win and not just to wipe the last come.

If you spend resources to do that (Mayas wiping Aztecs that spawn with Longbowmen on Hills require quite some planning eh) then most likely, in a MP game, you will see someone else win. I'm unsure how smart it would be to do that.... provided you play to win and not just to wipe the last come.

Actually a great way to ensure you'll win the Mayan UHV is to obliterate the Aztecs on the turn they spawn. There's even been a guide released that has this technique in it.

Maybe, but I don't see anything great with it, and good luck with winning the Mayan UHV in MP, the other players will surely let you build the Temple of Kukulkan first...

Maybe, but I don't see anything great with it, and good luck with winning the Mayan UHV in MP, the other players will surely let you build the Temple of Kukulkan first...

Well I don't think most UHV's are possible in MP BTS, so I wouldn't bother with it if I were playing the Mayans. But if I stomped out the Aztec early, and grabbed that rather productive land, there's a higher chance I'll survive the game, and a slight chance I may win through other means. I doubt I'd be the only one thinking this way!

I guess my point is, for the sake of trying to win, some players might spend their resources planning to attack a spawn. Portugal, Aztec, and even Ethiopia come to mind.

Anyone who wants to join the New World Alliance, let me know. Our goal will be to protect our lands from the pale face.

I guess my point is, for the sake of trying to win, some players might spend their resources planning to attack a spawn. Portugal, Aztec, and even Ethiopia come to mind.

you could think to a system similar to advanced starts (10 turns of forced peace upon spawn), but that would be a problem with new civs that spawn and take over previous civs cities. Although, now that I think about it, the previous MP version would make cities flip without older civs having a chance to refuse and declare war, so maybe the 10 turns forced peace is doable ?

Top Bottom