NESLife attempt #3

Rivervalion: The Farow
Evolved from: Mouthavalion
Gene added: Swimming x1
Gene removed: Swimming x2, Communal Behavior x1
Description: As the Karakavalion returned to the warter so did its smaller cousins the mouthavalion. The legs evolved into more fin like appendages and its tail became longer for whipping in the water for speed. These small (otter sized) groups of creatures hunted for plankton and smaller prey in the estuaries and rivers. Also, utilizing their ancestors abilities to dig they nest along river banks where they lay their eggs in deep holes. Hoping, to dominate the river banks this young species sets out to survive.

OCC: What continents are the mouthavalions restricted to? I may change my creature depending where they are.
Strange evolution. Your adding 1 to swimming but taking out 2 swimming?? You should relook at the genes you gave and took... (3 in each list is the most).

All Iggy's evolutions and their friends will be the next 'spotlight' thing.

@The Farow, hi again :)

OCC: What continents are the mouthavalions restricted to? I may change my creature depending where they are.

They would be spread over the three western mini-continents (former big one that is breaking apart), but not in 'Agonia' or the islands in-between.

And i assume you dont want to remove the swimming while you're adding it? You can add three things per turn now, but I dont want all three to be in one thing, i think that is too big a leap, if you get what i mean.

So it could be +2 swimming and +1 something else, plankton eating maybe?

Grombar said:
Is there a list of all the current genes in-game anymore? I couldn't find a link to it, though I did just skim over stuff.

I removed it, i thought it was just scaring people away or confusing them :) So i guess i can't blame people for not sticking to things already used :o

If you post anything you have ideas for, I can tell you if it would fit into something that exits already , or maybe there can be a new 'gene' for it.

Oops I put the genes in the wrong catagory. I meant to add two genes to swimming. Also, I see the large leap may be a problem. Haven't been here for a while so I will edit it so it works :).

BTW ive starting drawing stuffs and etc, so if anyone has any new lifeforms to post please do so soon!

@The Farow, i see your edited version, that is fine, thanks!

Fulton said:
Don't forget energy genes. We humans have to eat y'know ^_^

I meant to say, oops :lol: OR those humans are test-subjects of the Space Hamsters, they dont need to eat, so there :p

Fulton said:
It's good to know roughly how far I need to take the Zeeboo to become sentient...

About that... Really, i may have some serious trouble with this. I love the idea of sentient Zeeboos, but its going to be like 1000% extra energy demands, so there needs to be a really great benefit from it...

On Eyesight, as Related to by Muscle-Powered Flight

"Wordy eh?"

"Yes Iggy," responded Gris, "So what exactly are we doing back on Delta Panzerus?"

"Looking."

"For what?"

"This."

The two figures looked up, to see a group of Volaticytes on a tree, feasting on its roots and leaves.

"Phratrevalion over there." noted Gris.

"Yep. Here it comes."

With a lithe movement, the predator flowed up the tree and leapt towards the flock. One took off in panic, just slipping away from the predator's grasp. One other took notice, and flapped away. The Phratrevalion leapt again, this time catching one particularly slow Volaticyte. The rest of the flock got away, weaving through the trees. One crashed head-on into a Fanel, falling dazed down into the swamp. A nearby Plutonodupler noticed the splash, and its long trunk lazily traced a path to the stunned creature, hoovering it up with little difficulty.

A Fire Raider whizzed down from above, impaled a Volaticyte from behind, and laboriously carried its catch away and beyond the canopy.

The wilds went back to their typical silence as the flying arthropods clumsily settled on a new tree.

"Well," noted Iggy, "That could have gone better."

"Or worse. Only 3 dead from a group of 12."

"Yeah, that was a pretty bad combination of coincidences."

"Well, nothing like seeing critical failures to show us what needs to be done."

"Yeah. Poor communication, which I guess we can fix with a gene or two."

"Like birdcalls?"

"No, bugcalls. Maybe volaticries. Arthropo-"

"Okay, yeah, I get the idea Iggy. Verbal communication goes on the list."

"Also, they're next to blind, and they're flying through crowded forests which generally result in poor light conditions."

"Need... real... eyes." Gris wrote in his notebook.

"Also, Volaticytes are not the most efficient grazers, and they could use a variety of branching specializations. The wings really do need work, I can imagine in the future they could become quite aerodynamic, of course, that would depend on the immediate survival, which would in turn hinge on the choices of genetic alteration which we make now. Resistance to attacks from powerful animals would seriously improve the survival rate, given, of course, that prior survival requirements are met. Perhaps some symbiosis with plants could create a mutually benificial relationship with our macro and microfloral friends, resulting in better nutrition and fertilization efficiency..."

Some time later...

"So do you have that?"

"I wrote 'stuff'."

"Well, good enough."

"Tell me Iggy, does it ever bother you that we arbitrarily determine evolution in an ordered, planned manner like this, as opposed to through random mutation and 'survival of the fittest'?"

"It haunts me day and night. I cannot ever escape the horrible truth. I get no relief, ever. It is the only thing in my mind as I drift off into nightmarish sleep, and the first thing to arise into my consciousness as I awaken into an even more horrific reality."

"Whoah. Really?"

"Nah. Anyway, file those papers with Daft. I'll go grab that Volaticyte that just ran into a tree, I never got to taste one of them last time."

"Yes sir."

"Seeya Gris."

Iggy wandered off, picked up a comatose arthropod, then started back.

"Whoah there, you Plutonodupler! This is my Volaticyte. You just had one of your own! Oh, tough guy are you? Not much on brains though. If you're so tough, why don't you- hey! Leggo! Whoah, I suggest you drop me now... whoah- no! Bad! Bad! BAD! OKAY! TAKE IT! TAKE IT! NO! AGH! NOO!"

*burp*

Spoiler :
Kanenian : Luckymoose
Evolved from: Koranthea
Genes (30): Complex Stomach x2, Flesh Eating x2, Vibration Sense x2, Eyes x2, Brain Power x3, Skeleton x2, Cartilage x2, Jaws x2, Fangs x1, Communal Behaviour x1, Water Retention x2, Lungs x1, Walking x2, Digging x1, Feathers x2, Strength x3
Description: Faster than its predecessors. Bipedal Kanenian, vicious and smart. Sharp claws and fangs, two - six inch feathers colored dark green and gray. Tail the length of the torso and a larger more muscular neck and jaw system. A wider and longer head for the new brain. Eye's positioned in a way to get the most out of forward and side sight. The new brain power brings about something new to the species of this line. They even trail and attack other predators to get the prey they have killed. The ability to dig still gives them advantages of finding borrowing animals. The complex muscle system gives them speed and strength. The water retention allows them relative freedom to hunt throughout the forests. It should also be noted that they make a simple and high pitched clicking noise. Not used for much other than basic communication.

Evolution Template:
Knogano : Luckymoose
Evolved from: Kanenian
Gene added (you can add 3, or 4 with bonus): x1 Brain, x1 Claws, x1 Lungs
Gene removed (optional, remove up to 3 or 4 with bonus):
Description: Smarter, more streamlined. This beast has begun to perfect the form of previous generations. Brain growing in size along with more powerful lungs allow for longer running and quick thinking to catch and utterly overpower the enemy. The claws are long and curved. In an attempt to hold prey down with the back legs. The feather color has become more of a dull green on the mass of the body, excluding red feathers on the head. The new thinking power continues to evolve the pack type hunting of previous generations and now they are able to more efficiently understand one another when ambushing larger animals. Though still not perfect. They are becoming more and more open to the outside environments, still calling home to the jungles. Giving them the opportunity to migrate when possible. They eat nearly anything they can catch.

@Lord Iggy, i say that is a seriously cool story! :D

Knogano : Luckymoose

That looks cool! I believe it will be the smartest creature in the game as well as the strongest.

Yeah, I seriously should do some upgrading on the Falcirix line... I'd hate to be pushed out of top-predator position when the continents reunite.

Which isn't true at all. Survival means you've survived every horrible event which is likely to have happened over the course of millions of years. In *this* game anyway.

Well, if your definition of survival is genus longevity, then yeah. I think with really old animals, the situation is that they fit into their niche almost perfectly, and have no reason to change or be replaced.

Consider the mosquito in real life.

Top Bottom