Who have never played Colonization?

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
I feel ashamed to admit that I've never played Colonization. :blush:

I do look forward to play the new version however.

Am I the only one here who hasn't played the original Colonization? :)

I tried it once on a friends computer - who was really-really excited about it... I didn't liked it (Or let's say i prefered other games at that time), so i didn't buy / play it again...

My first civilization game is civ 3..
Looking forward to colonization

meeee, and I don't plan to
Interesting point - when i come to think of - probably neither do i - if they turn up the graphics, it just not going to run on my PC. And i wont buy a new one before Civ5 is out :lol:

I never played the original either.

never played it.

does anyone know if its gonna be released for Mac, cause I want to play it.

I missed out on it when it was new but I managed to get a hold of it and play it a couple years back. I never really gave the game much of a chance at the time though, and so I finally decided to start playing it again when they announced the remake last week.

never even seen a screenshot of the old version. I am very excited about the new version. I am waiting for a release date

I played Colonization a long time ago, but I generally had a falling-out with it as Civilization III and, eventually, Civilization IV took center stage. I do remember however enjoying it immensely, and I suggest "FreeCol" to anybody looking to have a Colonization experience. It is a faithful fan project to recreate Colonization and it is nearly a perfect duplicate.

I used to play old Colonization very often. There were even great peoples :D

I feel ashamed to admit that I've never played Colonization. :blush:

And ashamed you should be! It's not as if you're some random n00b ;) Obviously the game is pretty old, but if you predate civ2 it's hard to imagine you haven't played it. Col.exe is micromanaging goodness! Now there could be about 95% of the 38k CFC members who haven't played this game, so this thread has the potential to be the Largest. Thread. Ever. But entertain me, why haven't you played it?

Interesting. I thought everybody had played Colonization. Of course it did originally come out for DOS in 1994 with the Windows 95 version being released the following year, and that was quite awhile ago. Some of you might not even have been born yet. ;)

Not only did I purchase and play the original DOS version of Colonization, but later on I bought the Windows 95 version and it is the Windows 95 version I have on my PC right now. I boot it up from time to time and I am happy to report it runs quite well under Windows Vista.

Colonization gave me many, many hours of enjoyment. I hope the upcoming version will do the same.

Top Bottom