MarnokMod - (Explorable lairs)

will there be an option to disable it?

Right - Nimbus is off my xmas card list!

Anyway,

with a bit of luck later this week I'll have time to update. Keep getting bogged down with work stuff. Someone please paypal me about £10,000 so I don't have to work for a while, then I can update more, thanks!

I'm still hoping that several outcomes of spells/on move calls from features and improvements will trigger events that let the player decide how to proceed, at least when it is implemented in the main mod.

@thomas.berubeg: I believe Kael said it would probably be implemented in 0.34 or 0.35. I don't think there is much chance of it making it in before the next major version. Then again, Somnium wasn't supposed to be in until 0.34, so Kael may change his mind and integrate it sooner if the modmod becomes even more impressive soon.

Is it possible to combine fall further with your mod for 0.33 (once you release)?

Generous use of Winmerge and a close eye to what you are merging. Yes they can be merged. Along with Scions, Legion, Jotnar, MiMM and parts of Orbi, Snarko's, and Apep's Altcivics. Most people question why do all that when they are modmods, but a lot of people can't use modmods due to vista issues. You really don't want to see my mods folder and all the different combinations I have pieced together trying to get them all to work together.

edit: And about the time I get it all working right. Kael and crew start a whole new round of updated versions. Not complaining though. I love this stuff.

awesome...So I'll just wait for you people to merge it for me and posting the download link somewhere...cause I dont' want to start doing all that work.

@thomas.berubeg: I believe Kael said it would probably be implemented in 0.34 or 0.35. I don't think there is much chance of it making it in before the next major version. Then again, Somnium wasn't supposed to be in until 0.34, so Kael may change his mind and integrate it sooner if the modmod becomes even more impressive soon.

Out of interest would there be a schedule of proposed developments available to mere peons?

...or is the general view that this would spoil the fun too much by giving advance warning of new features like the very pleasant surprise Somnium was?!

They pretty much keep the internal schedule secret, so no one holds them to it. There are also lots of thing that they discuss without deciding whether it will ever really make it into the game, which they prefer to keep secret so as not to get our hopes up.

like the wildlands feature that was mentioned once, but never implemented (no fun nor practical way to do it, IIRC) but every once in a while someone brings it up, and Kael has to explain again and again why it's not happening (so far as we know...)

They pretty much keep the internal schedule secret, so no one holds them to it. There are also lots of thing that they discuss without deciding whether it will ever really make it into the game, which they prefer to keep secret so as not to get our hopes up.

aha...yes, that makes sense....now then...who do I have to bribe?! ;)

only jesting - and on reflection I quite liked the surprises that the latest version sprung on us.

with a bit of luck later this week I'll have time to update. Keep getting bogged down with work stuff. Someone please paypal me about £10,000 so I don't have to work for a while, then I can update more, thanks!

That was about 2 days ago

I'll try to make time today, you know if this relationship is going to work you are going to have to let me have my space, I think it's time we started seeing other games.

I'll try to make time today, you know if this relationship is going to work you are going to have to let me have my space, I think it's time we started seeing other games.

Take your time...I'm only on turn 300 of an Epic speed, Huge, 13 civ, Creation mapscript in .32. It's amazing how different the games are with this mod! I'm still clearing out pockets of barbarians, and there's no way I'm taking on the named earth elemental that spawned between me and my neighbor any time soon.

Great mod! If it weren't for FFH and modmods like this, I'd have stopped playing Civ long ago. Cheers!

PS: I'd PayPal you 10,000 Pounds Sterling, but that's like $100,000 and I need to buy a tank of gas this week.

Top Bottom