Where Shall we Build Our Next City?

Where Shall We Build Our Next City?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sommerswerd

Shades of the Sun
Supporter
ONCE YOU HAVE CAST YOUR VOTE, DO NOT POST ON THE POLL THREAD TO SAY YOU ARE CHANGING VOTES. VOTE CHANGING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. ALL VOTES ARE FINAL.

Also, please try to limit your posts on this poll to ONE POST. Additional comments arguments, etc., should go in: 5th City Number 5!!! :goodjob:

Explanation of Possible Locations

Location 1 will provide Gold and Corn.
Location 2 will provide Iron and Fish.

Dotmap Attached

Attachments

• Dotmap2.jpg
    Dotmap2.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 214
Hmm, I think it's just a little early for this. We don't have to decide for another 4 turns at least...

Sommers, when did you get iron hooked up in your tests? I got iron hooked up on turn 88 with building corn-gold city first. I also can make it probable that Judaism will found in Pavlodar.

If we are going for iron city first, it should be on the hill next to the iron, as that gets the iron fastest, which is after the whole point of building that city first...

If we are going for iron city first, it should be on the hill next to the iron, as that gets the iron fastest, which is after the whole point of building that city first...

I'm sorry but I disagree on that one. The reason to build it faster is to compensate for the time it will take to include the Iron in the city radius. If we intend to make it the place with the Moai statues, we need to include the largest amount of water tiles possible (and we must avoid forest/hill less tundra tile within city radius in general). At least, this is my interprestation.

I'm sorry but I disagree on that one. The reason to build it faster is to compensate for the time it will take to include the Iron in the city radius. If we intend to make it the place with the Moai statues, we need to include the largest amount of water tiles possible (and we must avoid forest/hill less tundra tile within city radius in general). At least, this is my interprestation.
We only lose one coastal water tile by building on the hill but we also gain the fur in the BFC. We aren't going to settler further west for a while as we need to settle further up the valley.

Sommers suggested this a while back and on reflection I agree with settling on the hill.

We only lose one coastal water tile by building on the hill but we also gain the fur in the BFC. We aren't going to settler further west for a while as we need to settle further up the valley.

Sommers suggested this a while back and on reflection I agree with settling on the hill.

we lose 3 tiles not 1 + the dead pundra tile

I've replied in the City 6 thread.

Top Bottom