Civilization 5 - Ideas and Views

Shouldn't this be in Civ Ideas & Suggestions?

And Saddam Hussein? As leader of Arabia? Why not have De Gaulle as ruler of Rome? Or, even better, Sarkozy, cos he's so historically important.

Same can be said about Mao he took China out of the Monarchy/Dynasty which was crippling China
This is not true. China was already well out of feudalism when Mao took power. The governemnt he defeated is the current government in Taiwan. This is just a propaganda myth created by the Communist Government of China (And I have to laugh at the use of the word Communistm here, sine there is nothing about China that is communist, it is just a classic autocratic fascist state) to make Mao seem like some sort of a great leader.

Anyway I have to laugh at all the Civ 5 ideas threads. It seems everyone who starts one wants Civ 5 to be like an expansion for Civ 4, rather then be it's own new game. This was how Civ III felt, and it was terrible, so I hope with Civ 5 they don't take the advice from these forums. For the most part these ideas thread show a serious lack of creativity. All these suggestions can be accomplished by mods for civ 4, so why create a new game for it?

I guess most suggestions are to change what is known to be bad, rather than a time consuming search for the unknown. Also, people are largely satisfied with the basis and basics of Civ 4, if I've gauged them right, and so don't necessarily want them changed all that much. They just want small tweaks and changes to different individual aspects. Having said that, you are more than welcome to express your ideas in that sub-forum, and I'm sure many people (including me) would love to hear them.

Key word for this conversation is that Stalin was the one who lead the USSR and not Trotsky.Many high schoolers know Lenin wanted a moderate leader and that Stalin was seen as to "Tricky" or to Untrustworthy

Stalin also advanced the USSR in all aspects.It became a true Global power under his rule.

Hitler did not advance Germany to a Global power status because it was already a global power(WW1)

Same can be said about Mao he took China out of the Monarchy/Dynasty which was crippling China

Stalin did advance his country, but at what cost?

Read your history books. Hitler did advance Germany into the Third Reich, after the Second Reich was dismantled after World War One.

And Mao and the Communists led a revolution against the Republic of China. The Monarchy ended in 1911, years before Mao led his Revolution. As for the reason Communists is in italics, it's because I hold them in disdain. It's not true communism. Neither is North Korea, Cuba, or even the Soviet Union.

Stalin did advance his country, but at what cost?

Read your history books. Hitler did advance Germany into the Third Reich, after the Second Reich was dismantled after World War One.

And Mao and the Communists led a revolution against the Republic of China. The Monarchy ended in 1911, years before Mao led his Revolution. As for the reason Communists is in italics, it's because I hold them in disdain. It's not true communism. Neither is North Korea, Cuba, or even the Soviet Union.

True communism cannot be implemented wihtout the guys in charge being both very clever and absolute saints. The mistake every supposedly communist state made was taking ownership of the means of production and placing it under the control of the state. This is not the same as allowing the proletariat to own the means of production, and will essentially always result in state capitalism.

Please, could you hold off every debate about leader, history or politics and go back on topic? Don't turn this thread into this everlasting troll which is the inclusion of Hitler in the game :\

Are there any rumours, facts or other indications on the future of CIV? I guess they must be doing something form 9 - 5 after the release of colonozation and Revolutions.
I`d really like to know what that something is....

Please, could you hold off every debate about leader, history or politics and go back on topic?
Are you kidding, this topic is trash... This is like the 20th thread I've seen on Civ 5... And it really just comes down to a list of how to make Civ 5 a mod for Civ4, which as previously stated is uncreative, pointless, and at the end of the day a waste.
Don't turn this thread into this everlasting troll which is the inclusion of Hitler in the game :\
OK, fair point.

My point exactly.

As far as the "communist states" I will say at least Cuba (and sort of to a lesser extent) the USSR tried to spread the wealth, and had token gestures to (actually not even token with the case of Cuba) communist philosophy. Modern day china though is pretty much the definition of a crony capitalist autocracy. It's more in line with the political and economic structure of your classic fascist states like Nazi Germany and Musalini's Italy. The argument can be made "communist" China is the exact opposite of ideological communism, there is nothing even remotely marxist about it.

For every body to know: this is for CIV 5 IDEAS ONLY ;) sorry but if you wanna talk about obama start a new thread. I also wanna point out that most people have great ideas. Please keep arguments into private messages, this will allow for more ideas and less jibber jabber. :king: Thank you all, and hope you all had a sweet spring break! :D

I think that there's enough disatisfaction with Civ IV that we're all looking forward to Civ V.

And Tantor; What are they doing from 9 to 5?

Trying to figure how to get more money from us.

For every body to know: this is for CIV 5 IDEAS ONLY ;) sorry but if you wanna talk about obama start a new thread. I also wanna point out that most people have great ideas. Please keep arguments into private messages, this will allow for more ideas and less jibber jabber. :king: Thank you all, and hope you all had a sweet spring break! :D

Spring Break? What madness is this? Not everybody gets a free week in April!

What about Autumn break?

I think that whilst there should be a general expansion of the number of civilizations and leaders in Civ 5, Saddam Hussein would definitely not be on my short list.

I'd like to be able to play a large world with lots of civs on my mid-level computer. I'm quite bummed that I can't do so with Civ IV. I'm stuck with smallish worlds. Or maybe it's just because Vista is such a hog. [Inspiron 1420, 2.0G T7300, 2G Ram, Nvidia GS8400]

Hmmm, well, I would hate for the Civ 5 to get bogged down in controversy over additions like Hitler/Hussein, perhaps one could just rename a leader for one's own custom game.

How about the ability to create some custom leaders? You know, choose a picture, choose some attributes, etc.

Or maybe it's just because Vista is such a hog. [Inspiron 1420, 2.0G T7300, 2G Ram, Nvidia GS8400]

Plus the fact that your system is weak. You need more RAM with Vista, at least 3 gig but preferably 4, and that video card sucks.

I want quality wonder movies they had BACK IN CIV 2, that for god-knows-what reason they got rid of :(

I would also love to see some adviser videos like they had in Civ 2 as well. They were actually entertaining.

And lastly, I would like some new leaderheads, including Hitler; regardless of the monstrous acts done during ww2 by the Third Reich, he still brought the world into the Space Age with his V1 and V2 rockets, and was great for his country 'til he started losing the war.

There is enough strategy. All I want is more entertainment. Hence

-Bring back the advisors from Civ II
-Bring back the finish screen from Civ III with the bruised up opponents and their comments.
-Cooler looking and sounding troops. They're a tad bit childish now.
-Worse damage with nukes

Back
Top Bottom