Can't Reinstall

OK, here's the logs.zip (they're a bit large, because I didn't immediately exit after starting BtS; I hope that's not a problem - if it is I can reload another logs.zip):

Attachments

• Logs3.7z
    3.1 MB · Views: 67
It happens with the first menu screen, where I get a "...TXT_KEY" for the Custom Scenario option; then in-game (no matter what mod, standard or fan made), multiple texts and sometimes buttons are missing.* (If that's what you mean, because your question is not very specific. Next War loads fine, BTW.)

*As far as I can tell these are all XML related.

I am just asking because the logs reference NextWar as a loaded mod - and thus the logs also show modded files, so its not so easy to find out which ones in the core game are corrupted.
In any case: apparently quite a few python files aren't working right, could you please post another round of logs without any mod loaded?

Also: just to make sure I remember this correctly:
you did already completely remove the program from your system and reinstall it, patching as needed on the way and you ran all installers and patches with admin rights, correct?

Short answer: yes. New Logs.zip below (started up and exited).

Attachments

• Logs4.7z
    79.8 KB · Views: 62
:lol:

No news? (I was kind of worried the weird reinstall might interfere with my modding, but so far this doesn't seem to be the case.)

:blush: checked them last week - then forgot to post...
this is frustrating - since I am not terribly sure what the problem might be - the game does have some python errors with the interface screen - but there are also lots of files that would be present with some mods (I guess BULL) installed and I am not sure if that might be loading - is anything installed into the core game files and/or your custom assets?

Oh dear... Don't have BULL, but there was a mod that required to install certain files in CustomAssets. (I reinstalled more or less the mods I had installed previously. Most fan mods work OK, but the TXT-KEY issues I mentioned earlier appeared before I had the mods reinstalled. I'm mostly concerned, as said, if it could interfere with my modding though.) I'm guessing this is kind of an uncustomary occurence?

it is - and actually this was making me think of BULL:

bull.log said:
[41864.273] debug - checking for BUG
[41864.273] info - BUG is present

there is a myriad of additional logs that are not part of the normal installation - so I guess there is some debugging routine from the BUG mod people running as well - plus of course the mlf.log which shows that the game is loading about 50 modules and in addition to that trying but failing with 200 - so troubleshooting that is beyond my means :sad:

I understand. There's probably one (or more) mods I have installed that do use BUG/BULL. BtS functions (in a manner) and I'm not really experiencing serious problems (mainly just the TXT_KEY texts); I was afraid this would slip into anything I mod myself, but this doesn't appear to be the case. So, thanks for your trouble and sorry for taking up so much of your time with my one problem.

Another question about reinstalling: I've had several reports that people can't play a version of MOO2Civ mod. Would reinstalling BtS or registry cleaning have any effect? (The exact cause is kind of puzzling, as I can play all versions I've uploaded, but there's even a report of not being able to play the mod after reinstalling - the mod, not BtS.)

Just wondering. ;)

You're moving? I see.

It depends. Some report getting stuck on initialization of the mod, some report no interface after loading (which seems like an install problem to me), others report a CTD when trying to load the mod. (Error reports aren't always as detailed as I'd like them to be.) None of these errors I've been able to confirm/replicate on my end.

Anyway, as said, I was just wondering if reinstalling or registry cleaning/clearing out cache might have any positive effect at all.

I'd likely first check that the cache is cleared (hold down shift during startup) and that the custom assets folder doesn't contain any other files - especially the missing interface is something rather common with weird file interactions between mod folders and custom assets.
If that doesn't solve it a reinstall might be in order, though of course getting game logs would often be preferable in case there is some problem with your mod...

Top Bottom