SGOTM 11 - Plastic Ducks

Screens say Toku went in war mode on T154 (meaning that's 90% sure the deal with Justinian annoyed him).
We have big maluses with other AIs as well, due to being in Confu. I guess we can't stay in too long.
I didn't mention it but Saladin spread Hindu to the 2nd gold city, so getting 2-3 missionaries should be doable.

And...
3:00am but those are the holidays and the radio is on.

Further observations:

Isabella has Dyes, Ivory and there's silk N of Mehmed... remains only fur on an island somewhere.
If we can't obtain those peacefully then war becomes an option on that continent... no need for warring the Hindus/Jews it would seem.

We're at 34.04% Toku's power. Seeing as we're not a land target to him, does that mean we're not the target (or am I getting wrong the numbers MaxDistantPowerRatio: 30% ?). If not then we might have a problem on our hands. The only person we could bribe is Mehmed and he doesn't know Toku (and I'm betting he's not close to meeting him either).

Playing 1 more turn and trading for some maps could be useful. We can get Zara's, Justinian's and Mehmed's at Cautious which should pretty much reveal the whole land and give us a few more trade routes with Mehmed.

Good going, BIC.

I think Justinian should be Toku's target (we were not his worst enemy at that time). However, this war might not take place as that Justinian just aborted his war attempt. We need to carefully think about DOW decision now.

We are valid targets for Toku's DoW:

3/2*OP*MaxDistantPower >? our power

Call T Toku's power
Our Power is then 0.3433*T
OP factor = 1 since this isn't Aggressive AI
MaxDistantPower = 0.3

So 3/2*T*0.3 >? 0.3433*T
0.45 > 0.3433

However the RNG would have required 2 failed passes on Justinian for that to happen.

To be sure, we can check Toku's 2 closest cities this turn and the next. Not that it would change much... we'd lose both cities assuredly. But we could decide to gift the cities for diplo points and to save our units.

Good going BIC.

Too bad about the mistake. Unfortunately mistakes happen from time to time. I guess most of us have done something like that a few times (I know I have :))

@kossin:
Probably just as well to get one more turn in, and trade some maps. Just 3 workers and a char to move around.

That barb island by Justinian looks cooked, indeed. Would be nice to see what's in that city too (maybe there are vile barbs there with furry clothing? :))

Thanks Bugg :)
We can also whip Fish'n Deer on T156.

@The war :
Toku doesn't have Construction (he may be teching it, though), so if we divert some resources, defending those cities may be doable. Or aren't they worth it ?
But it would require to divert resources, yes. Bombay can. Maybe Horse+Fish city. Other cities, that's less sure.
2-3 Archers + 2 Axe per city would do the job, I guess, with Walls. At least for the first wave. And maybe net us a GG. I don't think getting those units is a problem, rather : getting barracks. I doubt we can have a decent number of barracks + units in a short time.

Toku has had Construction for a while so expect Catapults... maybe even Elephants should he decide to grab HBR next.

Make your suggestions for this turn's micro and for map trades (our map should be worth the most I expect so easy to swap them - we can also sell it for gold to other AIs).

I really don't see how we can salvage those 2 cities with 1 galley to transport troops we don't have - really hoping for lady luck here.

My suggestion:
-the wb by Toku can check Osaka (can see land 2 tiles away while on water)
-chariot checks other city N

-if we see a military buildup in either of them, we can stop if we want

-don't whip fish+deer. It is working improved tiles and by whipping at pop 3 we'll be working an improved deer with 2nd pop
-FW by Patali starts chop, FW by Vijay joins the Patali FW, FW by Varanasi farms NW of Vijay
-wb's continue heading home or exploring depending on their assigned duty

Toku has had Construction for a while so expect Catapults... maybe even Elephants should he decide to grab HBR next.

Right, I didn't realize this.
Seems like the diplo is a bigger issue than the GLib.

How does the DoW mechanics function ? Is Toku's target already chosen ?
If not, maybe revolting back into Hindu would be sound.

And... Who's turn is it for the next set ? Is it DingDing ?

@kossin

Aggree on not wasting any effort on defending our 2 cities for now.

Your plan is pretty much what I'd suggest only I think I'd move the worker near Vijay to W om bombay to farm+cancel (then move him back to Delhi. I think we want more chops there with the missed whip of forge->TGL, and we're really short on workers to get that done right now).

@BIC

Next up is Udey1, but if he's gone missing, duckweed is up.
Target is chosen for war. Actual war declaration decision is not taken yet.

I would not worry about the DOW. >95% Justinian is Toku's target, Toku has almost the same number of cities as Justinian and Construction. I don't think Justinian' power will be greater than Toku. Moreover, Justinian aborted his war attempt at Toku, this must be due to the power check failure.

Next player should be dingding, he's back for a few days and have not required a skip. Udey1 almost has no interest from the beginning.

Next up is dingding who asked for a swap.

Toku has already decided his target. The only thing we can do to change his mind is get him in another war before he DoWs (there are other possibilities but it's not going to happen here).

War Declarations post

@Bugg
The FW by Vijay is already coming from Delhi, it'd be stupid to send him back. The FW camping the deer can handle the next chop I think.

@Duckweed
Udey1 hasn't been the most active yes but he has warned he wouldn't be too available due to family issues.

Anyway, I won't judge his available time because I simply don't know.

@Udey1
If you read this, it would be nice to get a 'hello' from time to time :)

Ah yes, sorry... was just looking at the roster. Dingding delayed his round. I remember now :)

I'll update the test game in a little bit.

@All
What say you of a 1-turn round to trade maps and check Toku's 2 closest cities?
Bugg already said yes (myself as well) and I believe BIC is fine with it.

@Bugg
The FW by Vijay is already coming from Delhi, it'd be stupid to send him back. The FW camping the deer can handle the next chop I think.

You're right: our Deerhunter can get the job done :)

@All
What say you of a 1-turn round to trade maps and check Toku's 2 closest cities?
Bugg already said yes (myself as well) and I believe BIC is fine with it.

Yep, why not ?
I can't see the harm. The only debattable thing for that turn is to whip Fish'n Deer or not but you provided a fair argument to not whip it.

Thanks for the link on DoWs. I'll give it a read when I have time.

Here's the updated test game. Not sure everything is 100% correct as I didn't check the official save when I was done.

Attachments

• SGOTM11 TEST BC-0260.CivBeyondSwordSave
    172.5 KB · Views: 34
@Duckweed
Udey1 hasn't been the most active yes but he has warned he wouldn't be too available due to family issues.

Anyway, I won't judge his available time because I simply don't know.

@Udey1
If you read this, it would be nice to get a 'hello' from time to time :)

Udey1 almost has no interest from the beginning.

What happens to dingding?

^^
Yea, I know.

Re: dingding
No clue. He said he was back but nothing about being off since then.

Anyway his 24 hours for 'got it' are done so I guess this calls for a skip. Can/Do you want to take it Duckweed?
How about a 1 turn pre-set to check maps and Toku?

Top Bottom