What a Long Strange Trip It's Been (Nostlgia)

Brota

Warlord
List the Civ games you've played. Here are mine,

Civ2
Civ3
CivCTP
Civ4 with all exp

I still remember the computer I played my first Civ2 game on... Pentium166MMX with 32MB of RAM. :lol:

Civ-SNES version
Civ 2 and all expansions
Civ- Call to Power
Civ 3 and all expansions
Civ- Call to power 2
Civ 4 and all expansions

I remember building mass Fanatic in Civ2. They were like the best units ever. :lol:

Civ1
Col1
Civ2
Civ2ToT
SMAC
CTP
Civ3
CTP2
Civ4
CivCity: Rome
Civ4:Col
Civ5

:)

First computer I played Civ on was a 486DX2-66 with 8 MB RAM. ;)

List the Civ games you've played. Here are mine,

Civ2
Civ3
CivCTP
Civ4 with all exp

I still remember the computer I played my first Civ2 game on... Pentium166MMX with 32MB of RAM. :lol:

Oh no, my friend. I remember buying my first 486 to play Civ 1 on. I'd gotten addicted on my roommate's computer my freshman year of college.

Funny story, back in the old days without DRM, the game used to ask you to enter some fact from the manual every so often. Turns out the version I'd had on my roommate's computer was cracked and I never knew it. So I'd ignored these queries without any effect. But during my first game with my legitimately purchased copy on the new computer I'd bought (supposedly for school but really to play Civ) when I blew off the question, all my armies defected.

Ah, good times.

So, my list:

Civ 1 Win
Civ 2
CTP
SMAC
Civ 3 & all expansions
CTP 2
Civ 4 & all expansions (actually bought the core game twice...once for PC and recently again for the Mac version through Steam)
Civ 5 preorder (even though I don't have a PC...I'm putting a lot of faith in CrossOver right now)

I never minded the Fanatic, the AI would always build millions of them and I'd kill them by the dozens with my tanks and marines.

Civ1
Civ2
Civ3
Civ4
Civ5

And if you count;
Col1
CivCity: Rome
Civ4:Col

First computer I played Civ on a friends computer.. don't know what it was (I had an Amstrad XT at the time), but my next comp that i actually played Civ on was an AMD 386DX2-66 with prob 8m RAM. ;)

I showed my Civilization manual to my wife just this weekend.
It's the 1994 version, not the '91, but still. I have it. Right over there.
I'm a little sad my ciV manual is digital, so I won't be able to show my kids that one when civX comes out.
I don't remember the processor of my first desktop, but I do know it had a 512MB Hard Drive.
512!! My phone has 16GB!

Civilization
Civilization II w/ expansions. I don't remember what they all where but wasn't one of the disks green?
Civilization III complete
Civilization IV + all expansions.
Civilization V (in about 8 hours)

I showed my Civilization manual to my wife just this weekend.
It's the 1994 version, not the '91, but still. I have it. Right over there.
I'm a little sad my ciV manual is digital, so I won't be able to show my kids that one when civX comes out.
I don't remember the processor of my first desktop, but I do know it had a 512MB Hard Drive.
512!! My phone has 16GB!

Civilization
Civilization II w/ expansions. I don't remember what they all where but wasn't one of the disks green?
Civilization III complete
Civilization IV + all expansions.
Civilization V (in about 8 hours)

Dont worry, with the way things are going, your kids probablly wont know what paper is.

Some Civ 1 at the pc of a friend's dad.
Civ 2-4 with all expansions.
Col (only the new one) and CivCity too.
CTP 1+2 and SMAC.

Strangely my most intense memories of gaming with Civ were the times with Call to Power 2 until Civ 4 was released.

It got so many techs, with aquatic and space cities, eco-nanobombs... was very funny all in all ;D

Only older title I installed of the series after Civ IV again once in a while was SMAC.

Still....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0iwmZgfB3k

giving me chills :D

I remember the biiiig manual Civ2 came with. Spend many evenings reading in it while in bed xD

512!! My phone has 16GB!

My first desktop was an 386, and my first Civ computer was a 166Pentium... but still...
512 MB HD...? There were times people would call you crazy if your HD had more than 20 MB. "WHICH PROGRAM SHOULD EEEVER NEED MORE MEMORY THAN THIS?!" :D
When I started gaming at the pc, though, it was already the time of 1,44 Mb discs.

I started with Civ I as a young teenager. I've played Civ 2, SMAC, Colonization, Civ 3 and Civ 4. I only played the expansions for the last two games. I briefly tried CTP but it did nothing for me.

Civ1
Civ2
Civ3
Civ4 with all exp

Civ 1 inspired me to study world history, probably a lot of other players did too.

Rise of Nations Thrones and Powers I include in the list because Brian Reynolds who was developer on Civ 2 at MicroProse was senior developer on RoN at Big Huge Games. And other Sid Meier games.

Guess I was a bit late as Civ 3 was one of the first computer games I ever played. Being an idiot, I bought beyond the sword before the original game, realized it was an expansion, and then bought civ 3 off EBAY for about a dollar. First civ I ever played as was the azect for some wierd reason, and I was confused as heck on how to acquire resources.

Top Bottom