1000 things Civilization 5 has taught us

You can still be a barbarian and produce armor units, but still live in a mud hut sorrounded by stakes.

Bah, you stupid lazy Westeners are just jealous that the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (aka North Korea) can do it.

That despite your economy being in the drink, at war with the world, and having pretty pissed off population having one famous person off themselves will make everyone work harder and make your country rich - just because you called it a golden age. Hence, someone go tell paris hilton her country needs her help ..

Rat

It would be a huge stretch to call Paris Hilton a "great person". What would she be? A great artist? No, she barely made any songs or paintings or anything like that. Great engineer or science? No, she probably barely knows much about engineering or science (no offense to her). A great general? No, she probably doesn't know what supply lines are.

Justin Bieber you could make a case for being a great artist, but quite frankly most of today's celebrities aren't that great.

Nation leaders have remained the same for thousands of years.

The USA was started around 4000B.C.

You can intentionally spawn henry ford but he'll die immediately (probably from an aneurysm) by building the eiffel tower in one year, by himself, with stuff off a cart.

Sending five guys half way across the world gives you instant and permanent telepathic communication with distant cultures, forever.

QUOTE]

you could do both os these things in CIV, so i dotn see why these are problems with CiV

hahaha, thats funnyt we have mercenaries today.

Blackwater

so do your research before you ridicule the game

The issue is one of scale. A few individuals or a "security service" is not quite the same thing as entire regiments for hire. Indeed at the height of the renaissance entire armies could be composed of hodgepodge of merc troops. Things got real nasty when they didnt get paid.

Large scale merc operations basically died down after the Napoleonic wars.

Rat

i understand your poitn im just mad about people bashing teh game, even though the things they are bashing were in civ 4. like the fact that henry ford would die in a day adn build the eiffel tower. you coulld do that in civ 4, why complain about it in civ 5,

There seems to be a "playing too much", sometimes a "anticipating too much" and a "has taught us" 1000 things for each Civilization game.

You are playing too much if you're playing CivV.
I'll never concern myself with a release date after anticipating CivV too much.
CivV has taught me that Sid Meier is fallible.

Civ has taught me that it is not possible for a general to order soldiers to move from one side of his empire to the other if he has an army. Instead, he needs to keep intervening to reiterate his orders whenever their paths cross, or something passes through the destination that they're 20 years from reaching.

You don't have to plan your talents out in WOW, you can change them at any time for a trivial amount of gold. Diablo2 skills are more what you're thinking, once you spend them you've got to make a new character to change them.
Alas, not anymore. You get hardmode essences (dropchance of 33% I think) from the major evils, combine them and you can use the created item to reset your stats as many times as you'd like.

Of course there are a lot of things that don't fit in this game and never fit in any Civ games but they are done so by the game developers to make you enjoy the gameplay not willing to make a perfect world simulation.

To learn something from the Civ read the Civilopedia, to learn about
the historical wonders, about army units, about discoveries that changed the world, about world ruling concepts, about world leaders, about world civilizations about resources but you have to be a patient reader of the Civilopedia.

Sry for possible trolling but I don't find funny only to mention the bad things when the title says:
"1000 things Civilization 5 has taught us"
it should be:
"1000 illogical things Civilization 5 has taught us"

You are just a bunch of moron guys bashing the Civilization in his essence and thinking how smart and funny you are.

If you want to learn something from the Civ just read the Civilopedia, to learn about
the historical wonders, about army units, about discoveries that changed the world, about world ruling concepts, about world leaders, about world civilizations about resources. When I was playing Civ I did learn a lot of new things about what I said but you have to be a patient reader of the Civilopedia.

Of course there are a lot of things that don't fit in this game and never fit in any Civ games but they are done so by the game developers to make you enjoy the gameplay not willing to make a perfect world simulation.

Hey this was a light hearted good time thread no reason to troll it.

i understand your poitn im just mad about people bashing teh game, even though the things they are bashing were in civ 4. like the fact that henry ford would die in a day adn build the eiffel tower. you coulld do that in civ 4, why complain about it in civ 5,

[offtopic]
Sure a lot of things mentioned here are true for all Civ games. They're kind of funny anyway :)
Of course having the same ruler for thousands of years is a major and positive gameplay feature... would be quiet hard to play if you could only decide things when your party won the elections or else watch the AI play alone for a few turns ( might make for a challenging mod ... ;) ).
Sure some people her made comments about the developers or bugs. But I see the reason for this thread in just amusing our selves in thechasm between rerality and the game. Not to flame on the changes made in Civ V... there are plenty of thrreads for that already.

back to topic: Civ V taught me: Occupying a city is bad. People hate you for it. Just leave them alone and let them give you all their produce, then they are fine :)
( to sooth the waves: This does make sense for gameplay: either you get controll, and unit production, or you get less unhappiness)

If my people are very unhappy, the soldiers weapons stop being effective.

The Arabian AI I'm playing against is a genius who has slaughtered all the other AIs on his continent and turned my D-Day into Disaster-Day.

Humans suck at CivV (those I've played) :D

CIV 5 taught me that your empire is controlled as a hive. Everyone is equally happy or unhappy.

Building wooden frigates or men of war requires lots of iron, while modern steel warships just need a source of oil.

(Actually that gives me an idea. It's actually historically true that Britain chopped down a lot of its remaining forests in order to build ships. Perhaps instead of using an iron source, you should have to designate a forest hex to be cleared when building a wooden wall).

Top Bottom