Caveman 2 Cosmos

I am a fan of RAND
It looks that NWA extend farther this great Modmod. That why I'd to have a try
The thing I worry about is :

"Make sure you have your Desktop on 1024X768 before starting a game." !!!

My LCD screen is 1680*1050 (10:6) and I dont want to force down the resolution to a crappy and prehistoric 1024*768 (4:3)

So the question is : Does NWA is suitable for 1680*1050 or not ?

I am a fan of RAND

My LCD screen is 1680*1050 (10:6) and I dont want to force down the resolution to a crappy and prehistoric 1024*768 (4:3)

My settings are 1920 by 1080 and it works fine as far as I can see.

I am a fan of RAND

My settings are 1920 by 1080 and it works fine as far as I can see.

Thx for letting me know, i only have a LCD that has 1024X768 max (its a 30"), so i changed the First page to read (at a minimum) of.

NWAPreH v5

Ok, it looks great using a 1680*1050 res.

First comments :

- The file we download should tell whish version is it (ex : NWAPreH_v5.0)
- The first screen with the sexy girl wearing a false fur looks stupid (that's my opinion) Actually, women at prehistoric time was fat, wearing nothing, and crazy heary :lol:
- I think i wont be able to play till the end cause of my 512Mb graphic card. I'm trying anyway.

More comments coming soon...

Many Thanks

- The first screen with the sexy girl wearing a false fur looks stupid (that's my opinion) Actually, women at prehistoric time was fat, wearing nothing, and crazy heary :lol:

You have 1st had knowledge of this?!! :eek: :rolleyes: :lol:

@strategy,
The Girl looks just Fine! :D

- I think i wont be able to play till the end cause of my 512Mb graphic card. I'm trying anyway.

More comments coming soon...

Many Thanks

I have a 512 MB vid card (ATI Radeon HD 4650) and I have no problem finishing.

JosEPh :)

NWAPreH v5

After 666 turns the game crash !!! :(
It looked very nice, many new features and handsome unit textures but ...

Setting :
Huge word map
Tectonics map
Lowest graphic level 1680*1050

Specs :
Win7/64 - 4 Gb Ram - HD4850 512Mb

The file :
View attachment 274187

Comments :

I found the way to creat animals bonus too much easy. The concept is very interesting but too quickly and without any restraint i covered my territory with elephants :crazyeye:

NWAPreH v5

After 666 turns the game crash !!! :(
It looked very nice, many new features and handsome unit textures but ...

Setting :
Huge word map
Tectonics map
Lowest graphic level 1680*1050

Specs :
Win7/64 - 4 Gb Ram - HD4850 512Mb

The file :
View attachment 274187

Comments :

I found the way to creat animals bonus too much easy. The concept is very interesting but too quickly and without any restraint i covered my territory with elephants :crazyeye:

OK found out somewhat the problem is, its the Chinese area i have circled, i take the two cities out of the game and it works fine. I believe it has to do with something with the religions of RevDCM, not working correctly, cause i tried to just delete them off the map and i was getting errors just trying to do that. Thats out of my control, sorry.

I just experienced a crash (See above)

Which setting and what is the map do you get?

I play Archipelago Map - Huge with 8-10 AI.

My screen resolution is 1680 x 1050.

Question: How often do you save? Do you play for 4-6 hours without saving?
When I've done that I notice game slowdowns. But once I start saving about once an hour I don't have crash problems.

JosEPh

Ps. I Never play with Revolutions enabled or Vassals. Both have caused problems for me in the distant past. Plus I just don't like the way they change the game.

I play Archipelago Map - Huge with 8-10 AI.

My screen resolution is 1680 x 1050.

Question: How often do you save? Do you play for 4-6 hours without saving?
When I've done that I notice game slowdowns. But once I start saving about once an hour I don't have crash problems.

JosEPh

Ps. I Never play with Revolutions enabled or Vassals. Both have caused problems for me in the distant past. Plus I just don't like the way they change the game.

I completely agree with JosEPH_II, I save every hour, then restart and it keeps the game fresher:crazyeye: Plus i also NEVER play with Rev.

OK found out somewhat the problem is, its the Chinese area i have circled, i take the two cities out of the game and it works fine. I believe it has to do with something with the religions of RevDCM, not working correctly, cause i tried to just delete them off the map and i was getting errors just trying to do that. Thats out of my control, sorry.

Thank you

I tried to be less destructive, so I just deleted all units in Shangai and replaced them (with the world builder) It worked
50 turns later, Crash again :( This time I had to do same in Beijing. It worked
Few turn later I destroyed the chinese civ :)

About 400 turns later Crash again :mad:
This time I give up :sad:

Thank you

I tried to be less destructive, so I just deleted all units in Shangai and replaced them (with the world builder) It worked
50 turns later, Crash again :( This time I had to do same in Beijing. It worked
Few turn later I destroyed the chinese civ :)

About 400 turns later Crash again :mad:
This time I give up :sad:

Try a game withOUT Rev on once.

Try a game withOUT Rev on once.

Rev was off.

It's a pity. The features are great, really. But what's the point if the game can't be finished.

Some adjustments are needed, abviously, especially about the animals bonus built by workers. Too easy and I believe that AI doesn't use it !

Also, a boring bug occur with GG. I posted a couple of threads about it in the " A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback ". Submarines, mounted and some other units can't gain promotion when a very promoted GG is near to.

Anyway, I'll keep an eye on this modmodmod. I know, it's a huge work to gather a lot of mods as you do.

Many many thanks :goodjob:
A :king: That what you are

I have no idea what's wrong, but I can't play.

It always crashes while initializing the graphics. Not a CTD, though. It just freezes, gives me a windows error sound, and then when I close out the error message is there.

I've played a hundred Civ4 mods and never had this happen. I really want to try this one out.....any ideas?

Top Bottom