Solar Sistem (toroidal)

Thank you for the map. I've been looking for one like this. The 3 Planets map included in the current version of C2C is great, but I would love it if this kind of realistic Earth map were also included.

I have been playing it for about a week, and ended up making some changes when I realized that a lot of resources were missing from the map that would be needed for C2C cultures to emerge. For example, the Apache culture can be built because there is Peyote in North America, and the Americans (obviously) have the North American native culture prerequisite. But no one can build many of the other cultures, either because the resources aren't in the right place to build them (no Apples in the British Isles, for example, so Churchill can never build the English culture), or the native culture isn't represented (i.e., no African cultures on the map, so Egyptian can't be built), or both (i.e., no Cows in South America, and no civs with South American native culture).

I went through map and added resources to areas where the real-life culture emerged (for example, Apples in the British Isles for English culture to be built there). Some I didn't know where they existed (the Akkadians, for example, who need Copper), so I had to look them up. Some I fudged on a little. For example, I moved the Akkadians' Copper closer to the Horses of Assyria (who require Copper and Horses), so they could both use the same source of Copper if someone placed the city just right.

After adding resources that were prerequisites for the culture wonders, I gave the Culture (South American) building to Roosevelt's capital to allow S.American cultures to eventually emerge, and did the same with Oceania for Hirohito and Middle Eastern for Gandhi. It's not a great solution. I'm hoping I could impose upon you as the creator of the map to consider a better solution.

I noticed that you picked the starting civs based around the Great Powers during WWII. If that is indeed the case, perhaps it could make sense to add Australia to the map (who could represent Oceania), and Italy. That still doesn't get us any S.American, Middle Eastern, or African cultures, however.

I would be interested in seeing a version of the map that represents the great powers of about 1000-300 BCE. That would certainly give some representation to each of the native cultures, and would allow all of C2C's awesome cultural wonders to be built, if the resources were also available for them.

So my question is, Are you interested in changing the startiing civs, or making a second version of the map with different starting civs, that would allow each native culture to be represented?

So my question is, Are you interested in changing the startiing civs, or making a second version of the map with different starting civs, that would allow each native culture to be represented?

Thank you for the feedback. No, I was not thinking about a new version. If you wish - you can modify the map.

hi , excuse me but can you make a standard size map for this map?i ask becuase i want the turn times to load/run faster espeicaly playing with 8 civlizations or less. i have been playing witha certain cotinental map on standard, snail speed with just 8 civilizations and the turn time is ok, about 30 seconds. if you canot make a standard map, what can i do to make the game with this map plus peppers space mod to have faster/reasonable turn times and less temporary freezes when you click on the city screen and the civics screen?

Actually, you might want to try the Two Planets map.
you did not answer my question, so are you going to make a standard size for this threads map or not? and if not how can i make the game turn times faster as well as less freezing when i click on my cities and civics sceen?

It's TPEHEP's map, so it's up to him whether he will make a standard size or not. I don't have any plans to make maps right now.

As far as faster turn times and faster cities and civic screen loading, that's an issue we've all been struggling with. I don't have any tips to accelerate the process. I think the main reason city screens take so long to load is that there is a huge list of buildings available, and the next version of Space Colonization will be more aggressive in consolidating them.

It's TPEHEP's map, so it's up to him whether he will make a standard size or not. I don't have any plans to make maps right now.

As far as faster turn times and faster cities and civic screen loading, that's an issue we've all been struggling with. I don't have any tips to accelerate the process. I think the main reason city screens take so long to load is that there is a huge list of buildings available, and the next version of Space Colonization will be more aggressive in consolidating them.
ok thanks can you list all the maps that your mod mod will work with?

Last edited:
hi TPEHEP and/or pepper, i too will wait until v8 of peppers modmod is releast so i will delete my old game. are any of you going to make at least 1 standard size map for v8? and im not talking about this threads map as one of you said will not make a standard size map for this map. I would really apreciate a standard size map and I have a request. the request is if one of you could switch or change the standard map to a fresh galactic/final fronteer map(the galactic map used in final fronteer mod or moo2 mod) to a galactic map once you get a certain technology or defeat all the human civs/get the remaining human civs to join you or perhaps once you reach the galactic era or whatever the era is called after the transhuman era. will any of you do these two things?

the request is if one of you could switch or change the standard map to a fresh galactic/final fronteer map(the galactic map used in final fronteer mod or moo2 mod) to a galactic map once you get a certain technology or defeat all the human civs/get the remaining human civs to join you or perhaps once you reach the galactic era or whatever the era is called after the transhuman era. will any of you do these two things?
That is the idea behind the multi-maps project. That project has been stalled for quite a while now. Unfortunately there is a lot that needs to be done before we can start multi-maps. I hope to make a start on one of those things soon.

I know what needs to be done, the Python Main Interface code needs to be split up. It is 7,000+ lines of code and so far I only understand enough to split off about 500 lines. If we can modularise this code we will find out how hard it is to add new maps and screens for things other than cities. A Tactical Battle map may be the simplest to add since it wont need the minimap which is a problem for multi maps.

Hi Civ4newbie.

I agree that a new map, with the new space terrains, is greatly needed. I want to do it but am afraid I won't be able to do it anytime soon. TPEHEP has been doing a good job so far, so if I'd be happy for him to keep working on maps.

Hi Civ4newbie.

I agree that a new map, with the new space terrains, is greatly needed. I want to do it but am afraid I won't be able to do it anytime soon. TPEHEP has been doing a good job so far, so if I'd be happy for him to keep working on maps.

Yes, I'm waiting for version 8, to begin work on a new map. But its size is definitely not is standard. Already on the map size "huge" very closely, because It uses about 35-40% of the area of the 95% of playing time.

I was able to use these fine with an earlier version of C2C (v36 I think), but now it crashes every time I try to start a game with the maps. Any idea why? I tried removing all the preset civs, and still got CTD when I tried to start a game. Happens everytime, both with Play Scenario and Custom Scenario options. I've attached the logs.

Should I be posting this in the general C2C bug report thread?

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    435.7 KB · Views: 176
Top Bottom