Gandhi Returns - and is still Nuke Happy

Was Nuke Happy a hidden agenda?

I predicted that Gandhi would have nuke happy weighted towards him when I saw that as a possible hidden agenda... so not surprised :lol:

Edit: Well, it was more like I put the pieces together when I saw that "Nuke Happy" was a possible agenda, and then noticed that Teddy seemed to be biased towards Environmentalist. It was then I knew who would be biased towards Nuke Happy...

Last edited:
The question is ...will other leaders get Nuke Happy as an agenda, and can multiple leaders have the same agenda?

I think we have detected a trend. Has anyone had a Gandhi that isn't nuke happy?

Perhaps he always gets that one (and thus his hidden agenda is not so hidden). Or.may he just has a higher likelihood of having it.

The question is ...will other leaders get Nuke Happy as an agenda, and can multiple leaders have the same agenda?
The prerelease had cases of multiple leaders with the same hidden agenda, so it is possible.

I got a nuke happy Gandhi in my very first game too. And an environmentalist Teddy too.

This can't be a coincidence......
I wouldn't be surprised if leaders have both
[banned] hidden agendas (because they would be contradictory)
and
Boosted hidden agendas (that either add flavor and/or synergize with strategy...like Teddy's national parks)

I wouldn't be surprised if leaders have both
[banned] hidden agendas (because they would be contradictory)
and
Boosted hidden agendas (that either add flavor and/or synergize with strategy...like Teddy's national parks)
Or in this case, conspire with a tired, old meme.

Or in this case, conspire with a tired, old meme.
I didn't say 'historical' flavor now did I....
(although you could argue it is historical flavor for India to go for nukes...or even Gandhi as long as you are not talking about Mahatma)

Screen.png

some things never change

My first game ever played -- Gandhi is nuke happy.

I don't mind keeping the running gag going, but couldn't it just be a "hidden" part of his normal agenda. This way, he could get a real hidden agenda. I'm operating under the pretext that his nuke happiness isn't a coincidence.

I'm disappointed with the non-randomness of Hidden Agendas. I was hoping they would act as a way to make Civs act a little different in each game, but it seems like some are much more likely to appear and at worst don't change at all. I haven't seen or heard of a Teddy that isn't an Environmentalist or a Gandhi that isn't nuke happy.

So far I've played two games, both had Gandhi, both had him as Nuke Happy. Very soon I'm going to see exactly how happy they make him, when I lend him a couple of mine.

Both of my "real" games he had Peace loving and nuke happy. Seems to be a contradiction, but whatever. He seemed rather peaceful as his first trait states. Although he started on the other continent so I'm not sure if he ever declared wars, but I doubt it.

First game he was crazy strong, second game he was crazy weak (he had the misfortune of starting next to Scythia).

Top Bottom