Main Download Information

I guess you were unsuccessful at loading the local mod update. Is there not anyone else that is able to do it?

I haven't been able to upload it with the "official" link, I'm currently uploading it somewhere else. At worst tomorrow I hope I can provide a link (it takes some time to upload 1 GB on my slow connection)

I just updated to 1043 with the SVN, Does anyone still use the SVN?

Buck I thought long ago we got you set up for the SVN? No?

Hey 45*. :wavey:

JosEPh

JosEPh

Hey Joseph!
I think everyone who doesn't like dbkblk's installer/checker still uses SVN; since full installer is being updated but not very often, SVN is still a good way to keep the mod updated.

JosEPh

Yep someone did help me and it was likely you. That was a hard drive and subsequent computer crash ago (resulting in a new cheap Dell computer purchase). I am two plus years older and very much more tech challenged. Christ I can't even figure out nor remember how to operate my cell phone.

About a month ago I re-downloaded AND (Local 1031) , after not playing for a long long time and found many things that previously frustrated me had been changed or modified and I liked it. After the auto upgrade failed several times (just went on and on until it timed out), I tried to go through the steps to set up the SVN. "GOOD LUCK WITH THAT" Buckeroo. That's the story of the Great SVN Caper.

The moral of the story is DON'T GET OLD.

Buck

After the auto upgrade failed several times (just went on and on until it timed out)[...]

That's not your fault. It's a incompatibility between Windows 10 or the server and the current implementation. Work is ongoing to have a more basic and stable approach. I just need some time to code (probably this week-end...).

My update to 1043 working fine and subsequent updates 1044 & 1045 seemed insignificant to me so I was not particularly interested in them. But, now with 1046 with it's major changes, I would like to incorporate them into my game but I'm up against the same problem. So my question is, am I the only one that has a problem with the auto up-grader at this point?

I can surely understand that doing a complete upload on you guys part is a POA especially if only helps a couple of lost souls. Would sort of like an answer here to try and figure out why I'm on the outside here with my Dell Windows 7 machine.

Buck

So today I got an event about an asteroid hitting the planet, wrecking food production of the planet. I think that's fuc**** amazing, as it completely change the game. So this got me thinking: how long does it last, are there any other game changer events and what are the chances of it happening?

Also if someone could do me a favor, could someone upload a .DLL game file increasing the max civs in game from 50 to as many as possible with the addition of the mega-civ pack? I can't currently use SDK in my compu due to Windows issue. Actually I think a higher amount would be needed anyways for large+ maps. I really want to use this event to make a real dark age where all big empires shatter, by increasing revolution chance and letting starvation do his job

So today I got an event about an asteroid hitting the planet, wrecking food production of the planet. I think that's fuc**** amazing, as it completely change the game. So this got me thinking: how long does it last, are there any other game changer events and what are the chances of it happening?

Also if someone could do me a favor, could someone upload a .DLL game file increasing the max civs in game from 50 to as many as possible with the addition of the mega-civ pack? I can't currently use SDK in my compu due to Windows issue. Actually I think a higher amount would be needed anyways for large+ maps. I really want to use this event to make a real dark age where all big empires shatter, by increasing revolution chance and letting starvation do his job

It's the only really weird event of its type. The event itself has an <iWeight> of 15. The chance of any given event is the iWeight divided by the total iWeight of all currently allowed events. Some events only appear in a particular % of games, some events have prerequisites that must be filled before they are legal, and some events can only happen once per game. All the rest get added up.

If a meteor event is triggered, then it has a further chance of inflicting a Dark Age. This is based on the number of times a Dark Age has already happened. It starts at 10%, and then each time a meteor strikes, the odds are divided by 1 + the number of previous Dark Ages (so 10/2%, 10/3%, 10/4%, etc.) These Dark Ages are supposed to last a random number of turns, but no more than 75 even on the longest game settings. The formulas can be found in CvRandomEventInterface.py. There have been problems with the Dark Age not wearing off when it is supposed to, so it doesn't trigger at all in multiplayer games.

Yo! Thank you for AND, had al lot of fun so far. :)

Not w/ the updater though: regardless of Admin of not, the dl status bar stays at zero for ages, then it fills up in a sec- then the launcher pops up again but the local version remains the same. :/ Used the rev1043 installer above, installed like a charm, updater still broken.
Does anyone know how to fix this or where I can get the full installer w/ the latest rev included? Thanks a lot! :)

Somebody should put up a torrent of the latest release.

We're not savages around here after all. :)

I would except it's downloading with 80K right now and by the time it's done I'll probably have forgotten. Or died of old age.

Edit: Guess it decided to get faster.
In any case, this means I didn't forget. So here's the magnet link for the torrent.

Last edited:
Somebody should put up a torrent of the latest release.

We're not savages around here after all. :)

I would except it's downloading with 80K right now and by the time it's done I'll probably have forgotten. Or died of old age.

Edit: Guess it decided to get faster.
In any case, this means I didn't forget. So here's the magnet link for the torrent.
Great thanks. Gonna grab this and seed it myself

The event itself has an <iWeight> of 15. The chance of any given event is the iWeight divided by the total iWeight of all currently allowed events.
So iWeight 5000 indirectly snuffs the chance of other events triggering. :nono:
But, if I deflate iWeights across the board then a single null trigger weighted say 1,000 - 10,000 would serve as global event frequency modifier?

An observation I should make before I grow accustomed to the fact: For those who aren't already in on this mod, there's a confusing lot of forum clutter and presumed knowledge to pick through. Honestly I went through pages and links I can't remember before committing to this version RoM:AND 2 (or whatever it's called).

So iWeight 5000 indirectly snuffs the chance of other events triggering. :nono:
But, if I deflate iWeights across the board then a single null trigger weighted say 1,000 - 10,000 would serve as global event frequency modifier?

That would work. But if you just want to lower the frequency of events in general, you can change the variable EVENT_PROBABILITY_ROLL_SIDES in GlobalDefines.xml. A lower number means more frequent events. A higher number means events are less likely.

Top Bottom