Like-minded players for a more relaxed/'historical' form of Civ VI multiplayer?

What you are proposing sounds alot like a "Diplogame"... A game focused on roleplay, storytelling and immersion rather than "winning"

Those are really fun
I seem to have heard that term sometime... Maybe in the Civ IV days? I'm sure the concept is not new, but afaik there is no other group like this atm (for Civ VI at least). And even if there is, hey, the more the merrier! :)

I've only played a few test games and restarted a lot due to bad starts (sue me, it's sp :p), but it already seems like the AI is able to provide only comedic entertainment in this game for now, so I'm eager to work out the kinks and get the ball rolling on our first Immersioneers Test Game(s)! I will play some more today and create the game-thread early tomorrow (Finnish time), so stay tuned! ;)

Also, there's only 1 player so far in our second game, so I urge more players to join! It won't be a worse game in any way than the one I participate in; the rules will be identical and the spirit of the game highly similar (everyone is to have fun, no one is to get stomped in the first few dozen turns).

Would love to join but trying to dip my feet and get the feel for the new game first.

Welcome, Grizbee! :goodjob: There's no requirement on previous skills; even if this is your first Civ game, you're welcome to participate. Just pick your favorite Civ and I will put you on the roster of the second game. :) If you'd still prefer to wait, there will be other games shortly after it. We'll mostly play on the weekends, when everyone is more likely to have time available -- but if there are enough players in the group, then we could start a new game anytime there's enough players online for it.

I seem to have heard that term sometime... Maybe in the Civ IV days? I'm sure the concept is not new, but afaik there is no other group like this atm (for Civ VI at least). And even if there is, hey, the more the merrier! :)

I've only played a few test games and restarted a lot due to bad starts (sue me, it's sp :p), but it already seems like the AI is able to provide only comedic entertainment in this game for now, so I'm eager to work out the kinks and get the ball rolling on our first Immersioneers Test Game(s)! I will play some more today and create the game-thread early tomorrow (Finnish time), so stay tuned! ;)

Also, there's only 1 player so far in our second game, so I urge more players to join! It won't be a worse game in any way than the one I participate in; the rules will be identical and the spirit of the game highly similar (everyone is to have fun, no one is to get stomped in the first few dozen turns).
It is indeed a Civ 4 thing. I've participated in a couple and actually hosted one... each time it was done using Pitboss. I don't know if that functionality is even included in Civ 6?

It is indeed a Civ 4 thing. I've participated in a couple and actually hosted one... each time it was done using Pitboss. I don't know if that functionality is even included in Civ 6?
It hasn't been mentioned, so presumably no. Iirc, Pitboss was a software (or system, whatever) for sending the save from player to player as the game went along. In today's hectic world, the pace alone of such a game would be way too slow for most folks to handle (me included, even if I'm a bit older). Ideally, we'll be able to finish a game like this in one sitting, or two at most. We'll have to see how it goes... Standard speed is too slow, I've noticed; even Quick seems a tad slowish tbh, but then it's a jump to double-speed(!), and that otoh is way too much -- so I guess we'll end up playing on Quick, unless a new gamespeed is introduced that's only slightly faster.

Welcome, Grizbee! :goodjob: There's no requirement on previous skills; even if this is your first Civ game, you're welcome to participate. Just pick your favorite Civ and I will put you on the roster of the second game. :) If you'd still prefer to wait, there will be other games shortly after it. We'll mostly play on the weekends, when everyone is more likely to have time available -- but if there are enough players in the group, then we could start a new game anytime there's enough players online for it.

Yeah sure put me down.

Guys.,.. Please add me to the group. My Steam name is ManojTheKing.

I love this idea very much and I love playing the game diplomatically with less focus on battles and domination.

That doesn't mean that Battles should be omitted, but rather than having domination victory as the only motive, I love games that have focus on other modes of victory with a valid reason for battles (wars triggered based on certain actions.. like settling nearby, or denouncing, backstabbing etc.. like the real world situation which MAKES SENSE).

I specialize in playing Indian Civ :king: . I hope you will enjoy gaming with me :) . Thanks.

Sent a friend request to Stroganov. Not sure if I have time for a full engagement, but would love to follow the group and maybe hop in at some time when I have the chance :)

@LzPrst: Ok. I forgot to mention it, but ofc you may simply join the group and then wait for a good time to play; you don't have to commit to playing in the first game, or any game thereafter. If you do wish to play in the first game, make a post in the dedicated thread for it and reserve a Civ you'd prefer to play as. :)

Top Bottom