What does evangelize and Inquisition do?

Underseer

King
There in-game help file offered no explanation for what these apostle actions do.

Also, how do you heal religious units at holy districts?

Yeah, most of religion has no real explanation to it. I picked a belief that makes my religious pressure 25% stronger. Stronger than what? Where do I see this?

Yeah, most of religion has no real explanation to it. I picked a belief that makes my religious pressure 25% stronger. Stronger than what? Where do I see this?
Assuming it works like previous games, religious pressure is how much "push" you get from each city with your religion.

Yeah but I'm not seeing any number or any way to know exactly what's going on. Part of that is just that I'm not familiar yet but it seems like there could be a better way to see what's really going on.

OK
  • Evangelize is used to add beliefs to your religion. When you found a religion you get 2 beliefs, you can add two more if you use two apostles (one belief per evangelize action)
  • Inquisition allows you to recruit inquisitors. They can remove other religions from your cities, and are also rather good at theological combat within your borders (thought not as good as an apostle with the Debater promotion)
  • Pressure is the passive spread of religions. Basically it's 25% stronger than other religions which can help your religion spread outside of the use of Missionaries/Apostles. Unfortunately, there is no way you can tell exactly how much pressure a city is receiving, but let's say you have one city in range of pressure from one of your own cities, and one foreign city with another religion, your religion will win thanks to your 25% bonus. It's not enough to win against the pressure from 2 cities (if you have only one) so active spread is still important.

OK
  • Evangelize is used to add beliefs to your religion. When you found a religion you get 2 beliefs, you can add two more if you use two apostles (one belief per evangelize action)
  • Inquisition allows you to recruit inquisitors. They can remove other religions from your cities, and are also rather good at theological combat within your borders (thought not as good as an apostle with the Debater promotion)
  • Pressure is the passive spread of religions. Basically it's 25% stronger than other religions which can help your religion spread outside of the use of Missionaries/Apostles. Unfortunately, there is no way you can tell exactly how much pressure a city is receiving, but let's say you have one city in range of pressure from one of your own cities, and one foreign city with another religion, your religion will win thanks to your 25% bonus. It's not enough to win against the pressure from 2 cities (if you have only one) so active spread is still important.
Thank you!

Now why couldn't they include that info in the help section for Apostle?

when you found, hover over the unit icons and it will describe them as well as what do you need to do with each type of unit. For the rest, it works like in 5

Top Bottom