No SGs in Civ 6??

pholkhero

Deviant Mind
How else to judge the non-inclusion of an SG subforum...might have to show that SGs are just as viable today as they were years ago ;) :)

SGs have died with Civ5. Blame 1upt for it

I'd love an SG. I'd probably be game to play one, but I haven't played single player a lot yet. I don't think I've tried since CIV4 SGOTM1 (which I didn't have time to finish).

I was an SG player. In fact I played most of my games as SGs in 4 and 5. However I ran out of time to dedicate to them. I would find that playing my 10 turns, editing screenshots and posting my report would take hours.

Is a shame as I loved the interaction with other players and the discussion of strategy and planning.

It also seemed that many of the SG players from 4 just didn't like 5 so without fresh blood that didn't seem to come the SG scene on these boards just faded away. :(

Maybe I'll have the time and drive for an SG in the future but starting would be hard as I wouldn't want to let the other players down.

I loved reading and playing Civ 4 SGs. BTS had so much depth and opportunity for interesting plays that enabled such legendary games as Cultural Extermination, Espionage Economy Space Race, No Civics Immortal, No Tile Improvements :eek:, and a host of others that featured excellent analysis and gameplay by the usual suspects of high level play.

Civ 5 lacked this strategic depth, and was quite simply a boring game (especially vanilla). The expansion made it playable but still nowhere near BTS in terms of strategic quality. I don't need to list all the areas that 5 was inferior to 4. No interesting SGs came out of Civ 5, so its no surprise they fizzled out fast.

Fortunately, I have great hope for Civ 6 from my first playthrough nearly completed. The strategic depth feels like its back, with district choices and city planning, the double tech trees, the eurekas (love this mechanic), and opportunity for large empires without brutal hamfisted-feeling penalties. I feel like there is a ton of opportunity for an SG team to wring out awesome gameplay stories and explore unusual paths to victory. Hopefully the mods add the subforum back, otherwise lets start some games here! I'm happy to play on any team.

I loved reading and playing Civ 4 SGs. BTS had so much depth and opportunity for interesting plays that enabled such legendary games as Cultural Extermination, Espionage Economy Space Race, No Civics Immortal, No Tile Improvements :eek:, and a host of others that featured excellent analysis and gameplay by the usual suspects of high level play.

Civ 5 lacked this strategic depth, and was quite simply a boring game (especially vanilla). The expansion made it playable but still nowhere near BTS in terms of strategic quality. I don't need to list all the areas that 5 was inferior to 4. No interesting SGs came out of Civ 5, so its no surprise they fizzled out fast.

Fortunately, I have great hope for Civ 6 from my first playthrough nearly completed. The strategic depth feels like its back, with district choices and city planning, the double tech trees, the eurekas (love this mechanic), and opportunity for large empires without brutal hamfisted-feeling penalties. I feel like there is a ton of opportunity for an SG team to wring out awesome gameplay stories and explore unusual paths to victory. Hopefully the mods add the subforum back, otherwise lets start some games here! I'm happy to play on any team.
I have to agree. Civ5 never really had a good variety of strategic (well economic) approaches unlike civ4. Yet another reason many SG players never moved to 5.

If you guys start an SG I'll definitely follow it! Maybe even stick my unwelcome nose in every now and then even if I can't play.

blah blah blah SG blah blah blah ... wait ... did you say SG. Sure - I will follow and tell you where you went wrong (after the event).

we still have an OPEN slot in DM1 if anyone, noob or not, is interested. perfect play discouraged ;)

Top Bottom