Maya + no-beelining mod, do I have a serious problem?

Makenshi

Ahoy, ye salty dogs!
I'll try to be as brief as possible.

1. I'm playing a game as Maya
2. Maya UA triggers after Theology (which in unmodded game would be beelined ASAP for optimal results)
3. Alas, I use a no-beelining mod (have to get all techs from one era before being able to get the next one), so when I get Theology it is around 1050AD (instead of circa 1400BC in unmodded game)

Does that mean I'll only get 2 free great people, maybe 3 if i'm lucky?

Or does the Mayan Long Count calendar completely disregard the years and turns, and instead gives Great Person at a fixed rate from Theology onwards?

I'm hoping it is something like: no matter when I get Theology, I get a Great Person X turns after Theology, then another Y turns after the first great person, etc etc.

Because if it is on turns X, Y and Z of the game itself, then I just lost 5+ Great People... :sad:

Sad to tell you that you are hosed. The turns on which the Long Count provides a Great Person are set to correspond to the "real life" Mayan calendar years when Baktuns begin: turns 52, 62, 72, 86, 101, 117, 133, 152, 183, 234 and 433 (in a 500 turn game). I don't know what turn number corresponds to 1050 AD, but you have missed several Great Persons.

Also, the GP you get as the Mayans for "free" are not-really-free as they will reset your counters. Bee-lining Theology after just getting your GS from Liberty finisher won't really make a big difference, fwir.

Well... among the dozens of mods I use, there is also one that makes all free great people be truly free.

I don't think getting Theology before turn 70 would be possible for me even if I could beeline it, but I'd benefit a lot from those between turns 72 and 133. I think I can still get the ones from 152 to 234 [no way I'll wait for the 433 one, gotta win before that or I'll just get bored and abandon the game].

Top Bottom