Nearly complete unplayability?

PinkHammurabi

Warlord
I've browsed some different threads and it's hard to say that my experience can be summed up the same way, so please do forgive any redundancies contained in my post.

I've been waiting forever to play this game, only to get home tonight to find out my video card (which plays WoW on high settings beautifully, smoothly, and quickly) yet can't play Civ VI at all because it's not DirectX 11 capable. I updated the driver and found within the card's control panel that its current capability was set to DirectX 11 but still got the same result.

Fine, I went and got a brand new card, an Nvidia GeForce GTX 950. The game starts playing and looks fantastic. But then, after only a few turns, I start getting a few random "lines" or "streaks" in various places on the screen, which end up increasing in frequency until there's always one immediately following the other.

In addition to that, I'll get random crashes unlike any other game crash I've seen: Nothing whatsoever will change visually, but it'll continue to play sounds, including the sounds associated with the appropriate commands; like opening the Civilopedia will sound like it should or different things like that. It's as if the game is still technically functioning and obeying the inputs, yet displaying no changes.

All of this is happening within the first 15 turns.

My computer completely blows away the minimum and recommended requirements, and I've attempted to play the game on any and every combination of Visual/Graphics Settings, and it's always the same result.

Google has yielded very few fixes, none of which have had an effect for me whatsoever, so any help that anyone here could provide would be GREATLY appreciated as the Civ series is one of the five things I hold dearest to my heart and that define who I am as a person (that is not hyperbole).

Thank you in advance for any help, attempts, and/or sympathies.

-Pink

Exchange the graphics card with a new one, that one might be bad. Check temps.

Afraid I have to echo Chanters advice, issue is 90% likely to be a failing GPU, specifically the memory. An overheating GPU would have displayed additional symptoms. As it's new I would start the exchange process immediately and swap in my old card in the meantime.

Which is what btw? Maybe we can troubleshoot that and get it working?

Top Bottom