What are the pantheon beliefs to go for?

I would prefer a wider choice for pantheons. For me usually the best one is culture from pastures. Legendary start gives you a lot of cattle

Religious Settlements for me. While the 15% growth may seem small, its still like an extra tile every 7 turns if you do the math. =)

Hm, I think Stone Circles are very powerfull, if you want to invest in Religion and if you have 3+ locations in the proximity of your capital. Quarries are quite fast to get and making any tile at least a 5 yield output in the early game seems to be very strong to me. But yeah, it always depends, do you care about Religion or not. If not, I think border growth is strong and of course any bigger amount of ressources around which can be improved with its special pantheon (plantations, pastures, quarries, fishing boats etc...)

Any ones that give you faith because if you can get a prophet early and then get work ethic your production is always going to be ok. Else anything that gives you production as that is what is hardest to get in game science is of no importance with the game as it is at present

Are there better Pantheon Beliefs on Marathon game speed than God of the Forge?

25% Production towards Ancient and Classical military units

I like the fertility rites because I can then work more production heavy tiles. Housing is less of an issue than slow growth for most of my industrial cities, which are the ones I would like to grow the most!

With the builder mechanic and quarries on mining instead of masonry, stone circles is almost always best for faith production. It also seems like stone and marble occur more often than in V.

It's really OP for faith.

Are there better Pantheon Beliefs on Marathon game speed than God of the Forge?

25% Production towards Ancient and Classical military units
It may be the strongest of them all to be honest as the number one goal should be to kill the other civs and extra military units are always nice. However with cards you do get very decent military production anyways.

I prefer those relating to production and cash lol

I like the culture ones - from either plantations or pastures depending on the land. Speeding up those early government & policy cards can be pretty valuable. The faith ones don't seem too great anymore, with the exception of stone circles (with the right resources).

The worst one is God of Craftsmen. +1 Production on Strategic Resources. It's pretty unlikely that you will have a great deal of these, and mostly not until late game. And it's also pretty likely that they will pop up under a district or wonder where their tile yields are irrelevant. It's not very useful in the early game.

Brazil with Sacred Path + the Scientist Hildegard of Bingen + 100% holy site adjacency bonus card.

This gets me a Holy Site in the jungle that without any building is giving 24 faith and 24 science....
To get something like that you would need 6 holy sites with shrine AND 6 campus with library, and all these 12 districts having an average of 2 mountain adjacency.

Also, every other holy site you put will have a +4 adjacency bonus from each rainforest tile. You literally drown on Faith.

Last edited:
Divine Spark that unpopular, huh.
I used it in all of my games so far - but that is also because I am the fourth or so to get a religion, with fancy food bonuses and whatnot already taken.

Lady of the Reed and Marshes is really situational, but if you have a ton of marsh, floodplains, oasis etc the early production boost is amazing. Production is really hard to come by until you improve your tiles and get an industrial zone running.
I just had a game where I used this. I built Petra in city with 2 oases and a bunch of flood plains! (+wonders+sphinxes later)

I also like Religious Settlements because those borders can never expand fast enough! Saves me gold buying tiles early to mid game.

Top Bottom