Speculation concerning the DLC

Sonmi

Chieftain
Just thought I'd make a thread to discuss speculation for the upcoming DLC content that was included in the Deluxe version of the game. What do you guys think it'll be? When will it be announced?

Personally, I'm expecting them to either start with Poland or Persia, hoping they announce it in the upcoming month.

Poland, and new Maps one most likely being an Earth map.

I'm guessing an exploration themed dlc that includes Isabella, a Terra style map, and maybe a scenario.

Also a Poland civ, maybe a Persian civ.

It would be cool if civ dlc also included some Great People from that civ to enhance the variety of the pool.

Celts? Khmer? Wait, are we looking for "I hope" or "I predict"?

Predict.

Hope will remain a source of bias in any case, but I'm looking for realistic predictions of when the DLC will drop, and what it'll include.

EDIT: I want Celts (Gauls) as well, to be entirely fair.

I'm still expecting Poland and a map pack late next month some time.

I expect a combo of Poland civ + Isabella alternate leader for Spain and probably an Earth map too. As for which things I hope, a general balance early patch a la Paradox would be ace. And Persia, too!

1) I expect Poland (and maybe Isabella) coupled to a European Middle Ages scenario which is basically a pre-set advanced start for the game. (Felipe may fill another niche on the map which would be adapted to the civs we have).
2) Gorgo and Pericles just scream for a Persia civ included in a scenario centered on that conflict.
3) I expect a map pack that provides Terra & many more humorous options. I will probably pass on that....
4) I have no idea on the 4th DLC though. Maybe they put Isabella here in a Age of discovery scenario?

I would like to see the sentence, "Apologies, we shipped the product with an early alpha build of the AI. We are releasing a DLC with the proper AI in 5 minutes."

EDIT

Also, I would assume they would top off the late game tech tree, maybe some stuff with governments.

Last edited:
I'm guessing an exploration themed dlc that includes Isabella, a Terra style map, and maybe a scenario.

If they wanna sell an earth/terra map after this beta release I will explode for sure:trouble::trouble::trouble:

I expect Poland first bundled with a map or mod, at least based on how civ5 handled dlc. How civ6 plans dlc remains to be seen.
I'd like to see Genoa as well if that ends up becoming a full civ.

I would expect to see civilization packs what's the same way that the DLC was done in civilization 5. Poland and Spain would be nice but I would also like to see more civilizations from Asia the Middle East.

From reading the leader descriptions on the set up screen, I think England will get an alternative leader without Redcoats and the USA and alternative leader without Rough Riders.

Other alt leaders I think Spain is an obvious one from everything that's been discussed. I think Germany will get one too.

Extra civ's wise yeah i'd expect Poland and Persia too. And then maybe an extra African civ, extra Asian civ, extra South American civ and a Native American one. I think they will try to be diverse.

Hoping for Poland, Inca, Apache and Korea with 3-4 alternate leaders for existing civs as DLC

I'm still predicting a colonization themed DLC: Terra map + Inca Civilization + Isabella (Spain 2nd leader) + Scenario.

Predict.

Hope will remain a source of bias in any case, but I'm looking for realistic predictions of when the DLC will drop, and what it'll include.

EDIT: I want Celts (Gauls) as well, to be entirely fair.

If their "Celts" uses the same city naming style as last time I'd prefer they didn't to be blunt.

Personally I would like to see Poland and Persia enter the game very soon.

I'd also be happy with a couple of additonal leaders (personally I would love to see Isabella for Spain, Friedrich the Great for Germany, Henry II for England,...).

What I expect even more, however, are more maps.

Uhm, I predict a colonization pack with Isabella I of Castile as extra leader, and a terra map, with maybe some extra American civ and/or Portugal.

A 30 years war pack with a European map and Poland, maybe also Ottomans or Sweden.

And as many commented, a Greek-Persian wars scenario adding Persia sounds reasonable too.

Last but not least, a wild guess, a mediterranean themed pack with Genoa and a Mediterranean map?

Top Bottom