Adspam

Valka D'Ur

Hosting Iron Pen in A&E
Retired Moderator
Is there a way to tweak the security for new registrations without making it difficult for real members? There's been a lot of adspam in my email notifications in the last couple of days.

What ad spam are you getting? Is this new users emailing you, or is it notifications of new threads posted in watched forums, or what?

The registration process does catch a lot....
It's email notifications of new threads in OT. I got similar messages regarding new threads in Civ 6 (yesterday, I think; hard to recall considering the night-owl hours I keep), although between the time they were sent to me and when I checked the forum, I think they'd been binned.

I reported the two in OT just a short while ago.

Yeah - got those. Not much more we can do.... 99.9% of spammers get blocked, but a few make it through. We appreciate the reports.
Never underestimate the 0.1% that got through and CivFanatics is one of the largest online forums specifically for a single video game series.

It's odd that every night I've received email notifications of exactly two adspam threads, with similar profile information entered. Has anyone checked the IP address to see if this garbage is coming from the same source?

Top Bottom