Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Jedi

Votes: 51 59.3%
  • Chuck Norris

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
Death or death. :p

I chose the wrong answer. :(

Let your hate flow through you, my young Catalan.

If I were any good at MMOs, had friends, and the money for subscriptions I'd definitely give SWTOR a try. I feel like I've been letting its early days cloud my judgement :)P) of the game ever since. I hear it's pretty good as a single player experience but that the MMO aspect has greatly improved too.

That trailer is wonderful. It reminds me of the Riot trailers for League of Legends except, well, better. I would be very interested in seeing more Star Wars media like that.

Another outstanding Halloween costume:

If anyone isn't aware, the Emo Kylo Ren twitter page may be the funniest thing in written history.

So is anyone actually excited to see the "Avengers-fication" of Star Wars? By that I mean Disney's plan to release a new SW every year from now into the horizon. While there are certainly some of the stand alone movies that should be good, I fear that SW would go stale VERY quickly with this model.

So is anyone actually excited to see the "Avengers-fication" of Star Wars? By that I mean Disney's plan to release a new SW every year from now into the horizon. While there are certainly some of the stand alone movies that should be good, I fear that SW would go stale VERY quickly with this model.

I love it. My only complaint is that they're not making the movies/shows I want to specifically see, but that's a good problem to have. They're still making excellent content.

Eh, if the Expanded Universe could do it in print...

I am excited. Rogue One looks shiny and chromed, and I love it.

If Marvel's handling of The Avengers franchise is our model, then yes, absolutely. Marvel Studios has released 13 films, by my count, and only 2 have been disappointing. The 14th, Doctor Strange, has been getting early reviews on par with the series' best, and if you add each season of Marvel's ABC and Netflix shows, I'd say that's another 7 quality productions. I can only hope they handle Star Wars as well.

There's no such thing as too much Star Wars... I would think that this has been conclusively proven to the point where it needs to be upgraded to a law of Physics or something along those lines...:)

"The Vulcan Science Directorate has determined that too much Star Wars is impossible"

Spoiler :
blasphemous genre mixing... I know.;) but its funny so whatevs:p

I've always been worried about it. But I think my issue won't be with too many movies; it'll be that they cover things I don't care about. I'm really not that interested in the Young Han Solo thing.

I am excited. Rogue One looks shiny and chromed, and I love it.
The Rebels will fly gloriously to the very gates of VALHALLA!!!! DOOFDOOFDOOFDOOF DOOFDOOFDOOFDOOF

I've always been worried about it. But I think my issue won't be with too many movies; it'll be that they cover things I don't care about. I'm really not that interested in the Young Han Solo thing.
I know what you mean. Prequels always make me cringe a little. In fact, I can't think of a good prequel off the top of my head. Maybe I'm forgetting something obvious.

I know what you mean. Prequels always make me cringe a little. In fact, I can't think of a good prequel off the top of my head. Maybe I'm forgetting something obvious.
Well...

X-Man first class was good. Yes it was.
Do you count the Star Trek reboot as a Prequel? That was an awesome movie.
What about Batman begins? Does that count? Also awesome.
What about the surprisingly good "Gotham"? Or are we only talking movies?
If not, Smallville was purty good too.
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is a Prequel, believe it or not. Also awesome, albeit the worst of the trilogy (Crystal Skull did't happen... Ah,ah, ah, eh, eh, no, nope... didn't happen :p)

Finally, the godfather of prequels is literally... The Godfather II. Now this is cheating a little because it is a hybrid prequel... but still there is no way to deny this one as it is not just a great prequel but arguably one of the GOAT movies.

P.S. - As I have said before, having children makes you watch Star Wars PT... especially EP 1, with new eyes and I have to say... I'm a newly converted fan. EP 1 is an awesome kids movie with Star Wars dad fanservice... its perfect TBH.

Well...

X-Man first class was good. Yes it was.
Do you count the Star Trek reboot as a Prequel? That was an awesome movie.
What about Batman begins? Does that count? Also awesome.
What about the surprisingly good "Gotham"? Or are we only talking movies?
If not, Smallville was purty good too.
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is a Prequel, believe it or not. Also awesome, albeit the worst of the trilogy (Crystal Skull did't happen... Ah,ah, ah, eh, eh, no, nope... didn't happen :p)

Finally, the godfather of prequels is literally... The Godfather II. Now this is cheating a little because it is a hybrid prequel... but still there is no way to deny this one as it is not just a great prequel but arguably one of the GOAT movies.

P.S. - As I have said before, having children makes you watch Star Wars PT... especially EP 1, with new eyes and I have to say... I'm a newly converted fan. EP 1 is an awesome kids movie with Star Wars dad fanservice... its perfect TBH.
Yeah, I just scanned down Wikipedia's list of prequels, and there are some good ones.

X-Men: First Class, as you said.
It says The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly was a prequel to A Fistful of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More, which I didn't know.
Red Dragon is a prequel to The Silence of the Lambs. It only features one major character in common, but that qualifies it as a prequel, in my opinion (played by the same actor, which helps).

Stories that merely take place in the same 'universe' as another, but take place earlier, aren't necessarily prequels in my opinion. Captain America: The First Avenger, for example, isn't really a prequel to Iron Man and Thor because it isn't an earlier chapter in those stories or in the lives of those characters.

Reboots are also not prequels in my mind. Batman Begins starts over with the characters and stories, and is not in sequence with Burton's earlier movies.

And sure, there's no reason not to consider television series, especially in this era of crossovers between film and tv. Agent Carter was a prequel to Agents of SHIELD, and a good one. I guess you could say it was a prequel to Captain America: The Winter Soldier, too. I didn't care for Smallville, although it didn't irritate me in the way that prequels often do, it just wasn't my cup of tea. Gotham, on the other hand, aggravates me in the way it redefines the Batman universe. I dislike the idea that Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle were childhood friends, for example.

Phantom Menace has been my favorite of the prequel trilogy for a long time. Better Jar-Jar than Hayden Christensen.

Yeah, I just scanned down Wikipedia's list of prequels, and there are some good ones.

X-Men: First Class, as you said.
It says The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly was a prequel to A Fistful of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More, which I didn't know.
Red Dragon is a prequel to The Silence of the Lambs. It only features one major character in common, but that qualifies it as a prequel, in my opinion (played by the same actor, which helps).

Stories that merely take place in the same 'universe' as another, but take place earlier, aren't necessarily prequels in my opinion. Captain America: The First Avenger, for example, isn't really a prequel to Iron Man and Thor because it isn't an earlier chapter in those stories or in the lives of those characters.

Reboots are also not prequels in my mind. Batman Begins starts over with the characters and stories, and is not in sequence with Burton's earlier movies.

And sure, there's no reason not to consider television series, especially in this era of crossovers between film and tv. Agent Carter was a prequel to Agents of SHIELD, and a good one. I guess you could say it was a prequel to Captain America: The Winter Soldier, too. I didn't care for Smallville, although it didn't irritate me in the way that prequels often do, it just wasn't my cup of tea. Gotham, on the other hand, aggravates me in the way it redefines the Batman universe. I dislike the idea that Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle were childhood friends, for example.
I forgot about Red Dragon. That was a good one. I never got into the spaghetti Westerns, but I think the consensus is that TGTB&TU is a classic. Your comment about Gotham is interesting given your stance on reboots... What is Gotham if not a reboot? Its clearly a reboot right? So it doesn't need to be consistent with the "old" canon. That being said, if you can put the canon inconsistencies aside, or as an (probably better) alternative, accept Gotham as a reboot to solve the incongruities... its a pretty good show on its own.

Now your "taking place at a prior time, in the same Universe but not a prequel" position is even more interesting... To your mind...How many characters or character references in common does it take to gain "prequel" status"? For example, does "The Hobbit" count as a prequel? (Also pretty good BTW, albeit nowhere near as good as LOTR).

Top Bottom