Anyone know where the era str modifiers are for units?

I spent a lot of time trying to sort all this out, and found nothing useful. The formulas that are shown, are simple as hell and don't possibly explain it. Best of luck to you.

Damn, man. But thanks for reporting back. That is very frustrating to hear. I'll keep looking off and on for awhile though. Still trying to find the tooltip delays for menu- found the one for on the map, but darn, the XMLs are misleading or not actually impacting things- ended up changing the lua.

There's combat strength + a bonus roll. The bonus roll is displayed as 6 but is really a random roll between 1-12.

There's also scaling modifiers in the game parameters.

What'd you end up doing in lua?

Just changed the default time to more seconds in the PlotToolTip.lua. XML changes didn't appear to affect anything.

gelodgreat: in the units.xml I don't see any particular era related sequences or numbers that would impact the clear combat advantage later era units are getting in the game. What lines are you talking about?

notque: bonus roll? where is that listed in the files? I've missed it. And what is the scaling modifier? Wow, how'd you dig all that up? Fill me in please?

Just changed the default time to more seconds in the PlotToolTip.lua. XML changes didn't appear to affect anything.

gelodgreat: in the units.xml I don't see any particular era related sequences or numbers that would impact the clear combat advantage later era units are getting in the game. What lines are you talking about?

notque: bonus roll? where is that listed in the files? I've missed it. And what is the scaling modifier? Wow, how'd you dig all that up? Fill me in please?
i thought combat strength of the unit my bad.

The key parts are in the lua for the unit panel, and in the main game defs.

search for visualize the combat differences

I don't want to paste the whole section. But it's something like this

--visualize the combat differences
if (m_combatResults ~= nil) then
local attacker = m_combatResults[CombatResultParameters.ATTACKER];
local defender = m_combatResults[CombatResultParameters.DEFENDER];

local iAttackerCombatStrength = attacker[CombatResultParameters.COMBAT_STRENGTH];
local iDefenderCombatStrength = defender[CombatResultParameters.COMBAT_STRENGTH];
local iAttackerBonus = attacker[CombatResultParameters.STRENGTH_MODIFIER];
local iDefenderBonus = defender[CombatResultParameters.STRENGTH_MODIFIER];
local iAttackerStrength = iAttackerCombatStrength + iAttackerBonus;
local iDefenderStrength = iDefenderCombatStrength + iDefenderBonus;
local extraDamage;
local isSafe = false;
for row in GameInfo.GlobalParameters() do
if(row.Name == "COMBAT_MAX_EXTRA_DAMAGE") then
extraDamage = row.Value;
break;
end
end