[VidLP] Let's play France One City Challenge (Pangaea, Immortal)

Veneke

King
One city challenge isn't an option in the advanced settings but that's hardly any impediment. So here's an occ immortal run as France on a small pangaea map going for a cultural victory!

Actually have a pretty amazing start, although I did restart twice (first start was absolute rubbish, the second wasn't recording...). Tips, especially in terms of district and wonder placement are much appreciated!

Looks very promising. I'd like to see more of this. :)

It's definitely interesting, and changes the game up a little.

Unfortunately the AI seems unable to handle their barbarians and we receive word of the end of two civilizations very early on in the game.

Yeah, I don't think I've seen an actual civ lose out early this way, though it could be possible on lower difficulties (on the high ones they get too many bonus warriors).

Appreciate the link again GoK!

And yes, it seems as if the Civilization defeated notice applies to city-states. I'm a few episodes ahead and have come across two captured city-states so that's that particular mystery solved.

Some nice progress there. :)

You've nicely dodged the threat of the Indian settler. Lol.

I look forward to more. :goodjob:

That Indian settler was the single greatest threat I've faced from the other civs yet! XD

OCC is definitely interesting, and while it's no where near as competitive as it was in Civ 5 it is a really interesting experience. I'm expecting to lose, but it should be a hell of a ride until then.

I see people complaining about horse barbarians. (Encampments that have a horse resource nearby) However, Iron barbarians look pretty frightening, too. :eek:

After the emasculated barbarians in Civilization 5, I am quite enjoying the "Beefed up" barbarians in Civ VI. :goodjob:

Glad you survived the onslaught. Lol.

The barbarians are refreshing change to the early game. The only "downside" is that the barbarians are actually more threatening now than the AI. Which feels off, but I suspect will be fixed in time.

I'm pretty happy to have survived it too. It was touch and go there for a moment. It wouldn't have been the issue it became had I archers or if the Germans had squashed that encampment as I expected, or even if that encampment to the north hadn't spawned. Just got a bit of a perfect storm moment that caused all kinds of problems. XD

Appreciate the links again GoK! :)

An unfortunate end all things considered. Still, even though this run failed it definitely looks possible. An early religious victory with Arabia is probably the easiest way about it. I may take another crack at it later on, possibly in the next patch (whenever that arrives).

Top Bottom