Master of Myrror Fantasy Mod 2.0

Not sure if he still visits but Thanks again for this great Mod.. your work was and still is very appreciated..:goodjob:

no, dwarves are one of the most important of mythical races.

they are the manifestation of the technological extreme of humanity as elves are for traditional and "nature worshipors"(for lack of a better term)

Umm, yeah, resurrecting the thread for this wasn't really necessary.

But have you played the mod? There are dwarves in there and I'd say they are among the strongest race units you can get.

Drift (Still subscribing this thread. :) )

I am sorry for not seeing them in the mod.
Aren't they just short, beardy drunkards with an axe fetish?
And no they are like that just to show another form of difference from elves to seem more unreal and as if one cannot be both technologicly advanced and good to nature.

I think when one of the greats has arisen, thy are allowed to do much things. I appreciate the bump as I havent played in many election cycles :p

Sorry about necromancing the thread, but thanks to beardedinlair, the main post now has a working download link. :)
At this time, it's gone again.

Do you have it by any chance?

Yup, and it looks like Drift hasn't been on the site for over a year. I've sent him a PM so hopefully if he has email notifications turned on that will lure him back to the site. If not does anyone have his email?

Or does anyone have the 166mb Master of Myrror 1.0 install file? Or the Master of Myrror 1.01 install file?

Much like with the Babylon 5 Civ 4 mod when it was struggling I am more than happy to host the files myself for everyone if someone can get me a copy of one of both of these files.

I've managed to get copies of the 2.0 beta, 1.01 patch & the terrain updaters but they're useless without one of the above.

Last edited:
Anyone got @Drift 's current email? He hasn't been here in years and his old driftwood@sunpoint.net email is dead as my email to it bounced back.

I wish we could get him back here again and convince him to make a ModDB Page for Master of Myrror. I've made a few lately for my mods and have been stunned with how much attention it brings from fans and media to your work. Best it solves all the hosting problems as they'll host your downloads (including huge files like his), your pictures (no more broken picture links here), your videos.. everything! It also allows you to post news, 'making of' or 'feature tour' articles that if approved by their admins end up on the front page of the site for thousands of people to see.

Would be awesome to have another place attracting people to his awesome work. I'm happy to make it for him if he's too busy as I find it easy now! I've made (with creator permission) Moddb pages for a few projects that aren't mine to ensure they get more attention and most importantly never get lost! The most recent one I've made was for PsiCorp's Civ4 Babylon 5 mod HERE .

I run a retro gaming website and youtube channel that contains both MoM & Civ sections so I plan to do a big tribute to his project as well as making a big tour video showing off his amazing work to the world! :)

Last edited:
Oh and unfortunately it looks like @Drift 's MoM mod (both 1.01 and 2.0 beta 3) doesn't work with the steam copy of Civ 3 Complete. I installed the mod and got multiple text errors in the interface and then once I started a new game and tried to create my first city it would crash to desktop the moment it tried to open the city screen.

Fortunately I recently found and installed my old CD copy of Civ3 complete so I could use Sima's Civ3 Multiplayer tool (that also doesn't work with the steam copy) and so I installed MoM mod into that and it worked fine!

So unfortunately it looks like whatever those mystery changes Firaxis made to the Steam version have rendered Drift's mod unplayable to anyone using that version. With Drift retiring from the Civ scene 12 years ago I'm sorry to say this issue will probably never be fixed. :(

Nevertheless here's a screen shot of the text issues I saw while starting a game shortly before the new city crash:
Bugs.jpg

Last edited:
Oh and unfortunately it looks like @Drift 's MoM mod (both 1.01 and 2.0 beta 3) doesn't work with the steam copy of Civ 3 Complete. I installed the mod and got multiple text errors in the interface and then once I started a new game and tried to create my first city it would crash to desktop the moment it tried to open the city screen.

Fortunately I recently found and installed my old CD copy of Civ3 complete so I could use Sima's Civ3 Multiplayer tool (that also doesn't work with the steam copy) and so I installed MoM mod into that and it worked fine!

So unfortunately it looks like whatever those mystery changes Firaxis made to the Steam version have rendered Drift's mod unplayable to anyone using that version. With Drift retiring from the Civ scene 12 years ago I'm sorry to say this issue will probably never be fixed. :(

Nevertheless here's a screen shot of the text issues I saw while starting a game shortly before the new city crash:
View attachment 525389

Blake00, you have run into the most common and annoying bug of the Steam version of Civ 3 complete. The last update of the Steam version of Civ Complete by Steam/Firaxis over night added a new line between "PING" and "Host" (line 86) to the labels text that just says "Unknown". Of course this messed up the labeling of buttons and texts for C3C mods/scenarios with own labels texts - and please note that the GoG version of Civ 3 Complete doesn´t have this really bad bug!

If you have problems with messed up labeling of buttons at the start of a C3C mod or scenario and use the Steam version of Civ Complete you can try the following patch:

1. Go to the text folder inside the mod or scenario.
2. Rename the textfile labels to labels1 (or something like that).
3. Rename the textfile labels-Steam CivComplete Patch that is attached to this post to labels.

Some posts in the threads of my C3C mods CCM1 and 2 and RARR show, that replacing that messed labels text done by Steam even cured those crashes.

Attachments

• labels-Steam CivComplete Patch.zip
    11.2 KB · Views: 226
Good news guys. I spoke with Thunderfall & the other admins about this and they gave me a higher upload limit.

So I've repacked @Node60 's copies of @Drift 's files with 7zip which meant I was able to re-pack ALL of those files down to a grand total of 168mb (less than half the original 428mb zipped size!), added new documentation, and uploaded to the CivFinactics server! I also added @Drift 's addon Title Screen download and the final MoM 2.0 beta 3 patch 2 download into the 7zip as they was missing.

I'll add a proper download page in the downloads section with pictures and videos etc later on but for now people can download ALL versions of Master of Myrror I & Addons here:
https://www.civfanatics.com/users/downloads/civ3/MasterOfMyrrorCiv3_AllReleases.7z

Or if you want just the latest ready to play final MoM 2.0 Beta 3 Patch 2 version without all the hassle then go here:
https://www.civfanatics.com/users/downloads/civ3/MasterOfMyrrorCiv3.7z

I'd still love to make a ModDB page for this mod as it will bring this mod a lot of attention but I don't really want to do it without @Drift 's permission! But anyway, at least now we can finally say that as long as this site lives @Drift 's amazing mod will never get lost again. :)
EDIT: Drift gave me permission so now we've got a ModDB page with another backup of the downloads too!
Download ALL versions of Master of Myrror I & Addons here:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/master-of-myrror/downloads/master-of-myrror-i-all-releases

Or if you want just the latest ready to play final MoM 2.0 Beta 3 Patch 2 version without all the hassle then go here:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/master-of-myrror/downloads/master-of-myrror-i-20-final-release

@clearbeard 's Master of Myrror Expansion - The Sorcerors is already on the CivFinactics server so we don't have to worry about that one disappearing.

HOWEVER @Drift 's two sequel mods Master of Myrror II Final Beta and Master of Arcanus - Beta 1 are STILL LOST! So if ANYONE has a copy please let me know so I can put it on the server! EDIT: We found them!!!! :)

Last edited:
Thanks Blake00! You can do whatever you please with the mod - please make a ModDB page if you want to. Really cool to see the mod still getting attention. Downloaded it myself as well as I seem to have lost my original copies somewhere along the way.

Need to check some old portable hard drives for old files some day. :)

Drift!!! The man! The legend! The creator of awesome worlds is BACK haha!

Thank you for giving permission for a ModDB! Like I said above I've made a whole bunch of them over the years for my mod projects and other peoples projects (with their permission). I'll make a really sexy one for you I promise! I plan to play a big game of your mod in 1080P and create a whole bunch of new HD video and image content. I can then use them to create a real kick ass moddb page! I also run the Master of Magic Facebook community , run a Master of Magic related fan games website and am a member of a whole bunch of MoM forum communities so a lot of people are going to see this promotional material and play your mod when I'm done.

So yeah oh man do I hope you can find your copies of your sequel projects Master of Myrror II Final Beta and Master of Arcanus - Beta 1 on an old hard drive somewhere mate! As then I can back them up here & on moddb and promote them too. I kid you not I went full stalker haha and PM'd every single person who commented on your sequel betas thread to see if any of them still had a copy. But all those that replied sadly didn't have it and the rest are gone from CFC (apparently one of them has even passed away). So unless you can find a copy they may be lost forever mate. :( EDIT: We found them! :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom