Do you predominately play with the 4UC modmod?

Do you use the 4UC mod mod in over 50% of the games you play with Vox Populi?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stalker0

Baller Magnus

The 4UC is a gameplay changing modmod that has seen a large amount of popularity in the community. To the point that some have claimed that the majority of VP players are now using it. So this poll is to see if that is true or not.

Mark "Yes" if you use the 4UC modmod in over 50% of your VP games.
Mark "No" if you do not.

Last edited:

The 4UC is a gameplay changing modmod created by PineappleDan that has seen a large amount of popularity in the community. To the point that some have claimed that the majority of VP players are now using it. So this poll is to see if that is true or not.

Mark "Yes" if you use the 4UC modmod in over 50% of your VP games.
Mark "No" if you do not.
Are there plans to intergrate it and therefore balance it? It would be great then. Currently I don't use it, because of yield inflation, other imbalances that are possible and bugs that I had in the past.

I always play with it on.

Unique Unit/Improvement/Buildings are just really fun to plan around across the game. It dictates where you settle or invest into, as they're quite noticeable powerspikes that are unique to you!
You also have to be wary about the AIs powerspikes too. (I always get bogged by the Celts on the most crucial empire expansion time, I swear to God)

I've been snooping about with the new 4x games like Millennial and Humankind but I feel like the new 4x trend of "Make your own nation by selecting a bonus every era!" doesn't quite gripe with me like the whole, focused power package you get in VP Civ designs.

I would be wary of the numbers when interpreting this poll due to selection bias, the population of CFC forum goers is nowhere near a random sample of all VP players.
I'd wager you'd see a much higher proportion of 4UC players here than the population average.

Are there plans to intergrate it and therefore balance it? It would be great then. Currently I don't use it, because of yield inflation, other imbalances that are possible and bugs that I had in the past.
Not happening, until
1. All Lua hackery is implemented in the DLL
2. @pineappledan himself agrees to it

I would be wary of the numbers when interpreting this poll due to selection bias, the population of CFC forum goers is nowhere near a random sample of all VP players.
I'd wager you'd see a much higher proportion of 4UC players here than the population average.
Don't all VP players have to come to CFC forums to get the mod anyway?

Do we have a better measurement?

1. All Lua hackery is implemented in the DLL
2. @pineappledan himself agrees to it
3. Get all the permissions from all the other art and code contributors again

It's one thing for another modder to allow someone to use some of their art in a mod. It's another thing for that mod to get rolled into the community patch.
I'm not against it, but I'm not the only person who needs to be asked.

It’s likely that most would agree and that the a handful of components a substitute would have to be chosen or replacement art assets would have to be made.

Oh I forgot the most important part:
Is anyone willing to do the integration? :p

If proposed, does this require a supermajority to pass? (changing the core 2UC per civ thing)

Top Bottom