Is there a way of finding out how far a unit will have to travel before you send it on it's way?

Koszmar

Chieftain
For example, if you want to send a ship on the world map from Australia to South America but you have a ship on either side of Australia, how can I see how many turns each one would take to get there without counting each square myself so I know which one to send?

Thanks.

Press G and hover over your destination.

Using right click to trigger the "go to" function is my standard way to move units.
Hold right click to pick the tile you want to reach, left click while holding right click to cancel it.

do note though that the waypoint pathing tries to take the shortest route through the fog of war and does not account for things like land or impassable deep water (for ships) or enemy units (if at war on land). And if these obstacles are encountered the pathing can update in unpredictable ways such as causing a unit to loop around for way longer than expected. Best to keep checking up on your long range range convoys now and then!

Using right click to trigger the "go to" function is my standard way to move units.
Hold right click to pick the tile you want to reach, left click while holding right click to cancel it.
I always do this too, but feel like holding down right-click is always playing with fire lol

Yes, and if you send units to a square in the fog (within one-turn reach) and there's an enemy unit there, they'll auto-attack without further prompting. So enjoy losing your stack of horse archers to a spearman on a forested hill!

Top Bottom