Unit Requests: Steampunk

Alice

We are looking for a matured Alice. one that is no longer naive - but neither should her experiences have deranged her. An Alice comfortable with life down a rabbit hole & competent to deal in looking-glass politics. Think Trinity in a pinafore.

thumbnail

We want her to sport the traditional style as illustrated by Tenniel -
thumbnail

But her hair should be brown & her attitude just a bit darker as well. Rather than her ballerina pumps & stockings we’d like to see her in some steampunkalicious boots.
thumbnail

Alice wielding a bloody knife is a bit too frightening. We’re thinking croquet mallet (flamingo optional). A perfect place to include civ color without spoiling her dress.
thumbnail

We're doing our best to streamline the thread. I apologize to everyone with a slow connection. If you know someone who has given up looking at the thread because of the large images, let them know the load times are faster now.

EDIT: We're going with thumbnails, at least for now. Hopefully your interest in these units stays high.

Orovars

Orovars are quite human-looking, in spite of being oviparous. They have reddish skin and the men are sometimes described as bald. They have some advanced technologies passed down from the writings of the Ancients, but swords are the most common weapon. It's a society of pretty constant warfare. John Carter is an ACW-era human. Once on Barsoom he dresses the part. You'll notice that he carries a revolver as well as a sword. ;)

thumbnail

Dejah Thoris
thumbnail

There are some pictures here from the original publications & plenty of newer stuff as well. Even in the oldest images she's dressed in a style that was relatively risqué for the period. Plenty of freedom as to style, although civ-color may need some "strategic placement". Princess Leia is there because that outfit was a sly tip of the hat to ERB.

Over at DAZ 3D there's a Martian Princess outfit for Victoria & Aiko and an accessory set that includes the headdress. Maybe too $$$ for just a few units (some generic female warriors similarly but simply dressed would be a bonus to the mod); on the other hand the images may give one some ideas about how to put together some simpler props & clothes.

Her skin should be reddish - not bright red, but more like someone who has evolved for being out in the sun all the time with little to wear.

As far as animations go, she knows how to wield a sword & projectile weapons. She's well able to take care of herself. You might say she's "so beautiful, but so dangerous".

Still to come: generic Barsoomian warriors.

Blue Monkey... I hope the animations are what you, Balthasar and King Arthur were looking for. Since there seemed to be some question as to the TARDIS going Invisible or staying Visible for the Fortify, I included both. As for the Attacks...they can be omitted if the TARDIS is only meant as a Transport or used as just a Bombardment. (Set Ranged Attack and Bombardment of 1 Tile for Best results)
I wasn't exactly sure what the TARDIS would do for an Attack or Defense and because the TADIS is not suppose to be able to be Destroyed, I just animated the Death where the TARDIS appears disrupted and Vanishes as IF it Got away :)
I tried to offer several ways it can be used so you guys can mix and apply
the animations as you prefer the TARDIS in Steampunk.

Suggestion... The "Gas Cannon" could use any existing Cannon you like and the sounds could be changed as desired.
IF Steampunk does Not have any other Unit that uses "Bombard Fx" in the Editor, the "Trajectory" Animations could be Remade to show the Gas you want where the Shell Hits for Cool Effects :cool:
...If changed, the Reason for only using the Bombard Fx for the Gas Cannon is because there can only be one Barmbard Fx.

Blue Monkey... I hope the animations are what you, Balthasar and King Arthur were looking for. Since there seemed to be some question as to the TARDIS going Invisible or staying Visible for the Fortify, I included both.
I tried to offer several ways it can be used so you guys can mix and apply the animations as you prefer the TARDIS in Steampunk.
Thank you again for your work on this. Options are always good; especially since I have a feeling this unit will be showing up in more than one mod.
Suggestion... The "Gas Cannon" could use any existing Cannon you like and the sounds could be changed as desired.
IF Steampunk does Not have any other Unit that uses "Bombard Fx" in the Editor, the "Trajectory" Animations could be Remade to show the Gas you want where the Shell Hits for Cool Effects :cool:
...If changed, the Reason for only using the Bombard Fx for the Gas Cannon is because there can only be one Barmbard Fx.
Excellent suggestions. A new unit might be needed if Balthasar wants the crew in gas masks.

Again, great work on the Tardis. It's exactly what we wanted and more. "Good show old boy!"
Alas, we currently use bombard on several units, including the blimps and our regular artillery. What we still need most of all, urgently, are the Cavorite Sphere and the Victorian Rocket. The whole mod really revolves around them, and I can't imagine it going to beta without one or both.

Wyrmshadow has kindly made us a Cavorite Sphere model in 3ds format. Model download.

Original Cavorite Sphere post with images & animation suggestions. Here's a little animation hint by Balthasar:

And Vuldacon has provided a large & small pcx. Now it merely needs to undergo the formality of actually being made into a unit. Volunteers?

:coffee:

Actually the model is not soley for bryce, 3ds is universal so anyone can use it.

Top Bottom