Worst enemy?

Merovinge

Warlord
I was wondering when they AI says they are my worst enemy, is that because of some special antagonism between specific civilizations that is hidden? In my case I am the Dutch and Stalin apparently calls me his worst enemy despite having +1 from open boarders and then the negative -1 from his innate hatred of everyone.

If there are specific antagonist civs, is there a chart anywhere detailing it (Fire/Ice chart so to speak)?

Thanks much!

although cam pretty much gave you what you need to know, i thought i'd make one thing clear. 'Worst enemy' is determined by the AI's relation with everyone that he's met so far. So, in your case he had a relation of 0 with you, which means for you to be his worst enemy everyone else he knew would have to be 0 or higher (not sure how ties work) after all hidden modifiers are factored in (which things like bug do automatically).

there is no Elizabeth is always worst enemies with Louis kind of thing.

hoped that cleared it up a bit rather than just tell you stuff you already knew =p

Ah ok, I hadnt seen anything about specific hatred, although something like Persia and Greece not getting along would have been cool and I would not put it past the developers. Thanks a bunch.

although cam pretty much gave you what you need to know, i thought i'd make one thing clear. 'Worst enemy' is determined by the AI's relation with everyone that he's met so far. So, in your case he had a relation of 0 with you, which means for you to be his worst enemy everyone else he knew would have to be 0 or higher (not sure how ties work) after all hidden modifiers are factored in (which things like bug do automatically).

... provided that he is Annoyed or Furious with you. A leader won't treat another as a 'worst enemy' at Friendly, Pleased or Cautious.

I'm not sure how ties work either, but a leader can have only one 'worst enemy' (but can be the 'worst enemy' of multiple other leaders).

As Cam said above you can't normally be a worst enemy of someone you have real -1 relations with (provided you play on Noble or above, the AI-human peaceweight is -1, bringing the total to -1). Either you're of much worse rank than him (in which case you'd see him as Annoyed towards you) or you have vassals which he hates more than you (in which case you'd see him as Cautious but he'd really be Annoyed).

Top Bottom