Resource icon

Crusader States 2016-10-05

Crusader States, led by Pope Urban II

<Steam>​

Uniques
Spoiler :
UA: Curia Romana - Missionaries heal nearby units each turn; Inquisitors give nearby units XP each turn while in enemy lands. Earn :c5faith:Faith from kills.

UU: Crusader - Replaces the Longswordsman and costs a bit more. The Unit gets stronger as your Religion does. Is available at Chivalry instead of Steel. Can spend :c5faith:Faith to Level up.
UU: Mounted Crusader - Alternative form of the Crusader, costs the same as a Knight, but does not get the Crusader unique ability. Can spend :c5faith:Faith to heal adjacent units.

UB: Apostolic Palace - Replaces the Palace. Has a small increase in City Strength, generates Faith on finished Buildings/Wonders and is largely improved once Theology is researched.

[[ The AI is already programmed to use the Units to their fullest, do not act surprise when you see powerful Crusaders coming your way! ]]

NOTE
::This is the last non-L5R related Civ I'm doing alone, I have teamed up with another player who is a great historian and just as good with art, so expect better artistic value from what I upload from now on. :)

Compatibility
- Mods that modify the Unit Panel can cause issues like the lonely phantom ">>>" icon in the lower left corner.
For those having the aforementioned problem caused by more than one mod modifying (duh) the Unit Panel, here is the patch. Extract it anywhere and paste the contents to your Mods folder (%USERNAME%\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS on Win7) and replace all files it prompts you to. These are the new mechanics for both Crusaders with the patch:
- Crusader: +50%XP gain. Gain 1XP for each foreign City following your Religion when recruited.
- Mounted Crusader: Medic I, Medic II and Charge (bonus against wounded).

These are palliatives, I'll come up with something else, more 'unique' for these two, not involving Missions. :)

To Do
- Art upgrade (from Idvhl)

Thanks
- zwei833 for the Crusader's and Mounted Crusader's models.
- ViceVirtuoso and whoward69 for the UnitPanel.lua (made by the latter, modified by the former)
- CivFanatics, as always,
  • urbanii_mx3.png
    urbanii_mx3.png
    880.4 KB · Views: 470
Author
bane_
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 2 ratings