Resource icon

EE2 Building Pack 6 - Various stuff 2016-10-05

The one thing that is common for all these buildings is that they all exist in one variant, with no tech level and culture group variants. All of these models are much simpler than those in previous packs and thus can be safely used in Civ. They can be put into two groups:

ANCIENT BUILDINGS

1) An Aztec pyramid codenamed "Jaguar temple".

2) Another pyramid. You can theoretically tear off the altar at the top in nifskope, but it'll leave you with a pyramid that has a hole on its top. Although one could find many fun uses for such a building, surprisingly, no pyramids with holes in the tops were historically constructed by man.

3) Sphinx. This one is special as far as EE2 models go; it has two different sets of textures provided, both for the figure and the base. In addition to the textures shown on the screenshot, texture for the unpainted statue and a more derelict base are included (although strangely, unlike the base, both textures for the statue are of the same stage of deterioration, no "brand new look" texture here).

4) Tower of Moon and Stars. This one just BEGS for someone to turn it into a wonder. Read about it!

5) A dog, a plan, a canal: Pagoda! (gotta love mixing together two palindromes). Although I must admit, this is not what I'd call a "pagoda" myself. But this is how this drinking fountain's file is called.
P.S. Probably the simplest model I've encountered in EE2 yet.

6) Buddha statue. Shows clearly the crappiness of humanoid models in EE2, which is brilliantly unfurled in humanoid units, that, having both more polys and higher-res textures, still manage to look crappier than the ones that come with Civ. Note that the two small posts in front of statue are a separate mesh and thus can easily be removed.

MODERN BUILDINGS

1) A heliport. A neat little model, that, unlike most models in EE2, makes use of alpha channels. Remember, I'm not mentioning the polycounts because ALL models in this pack are relatively low-poly.

2) Nuclear missile silo. A fun fact: both halves of the central door (yellow-black outline) are separate meshes, and thus can be moved to open position, or even removed.

3) White House. One notable exception to "low polycount" rule of this pack, with a surprising solution. The railing on the roof has a lot of polys, and thus a no-railing model is significantly lighter. Both variants included, railing model shown on screenshot, no-railing model recommended for use.

4) Pentagon. A more detailed, yet more cartooney version of the building. Still, looks way better than the one that comes with Civ.

5) Herc factory. For a factory that produces giant walking robots, it is looks surprisingly not very futuristic, circular ramp excluded. By the way, the circular CAN be excluded, as it's a separate mesh.
  • inquisition1_no0.jpg
    inquisition1_no0.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 648
  • inquisition2_WqK.jpg
    inquisition2_WqK.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 640
Author
Walter Hawkwood
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update