Resource icon

Final Fixes for RiFE 2016-10-05

0.3 is now available! It contains all changes from 0.1, 0.2, and 0.3 so just take the files from the zip and replace the old ones with the new ones!

This mod is by far the best ever. It goes far beyond what anyone thought CIV could be. Far too ambitious goals killed it and a few fixes are needed to fix the balance of the game and save it from oblivion.

I am a newbie modder with little experience with XML and almost no experience with Python, but the game is so close that I feel a few fixes will change it. Attached is what I've accomplished so far. If you want to help or you feel some changes are required that you feel are reasonable please post. Don't let the game end where it is now!

THESE ARE IN ADDITION TO FINAL OFFICIAL VERSION IN DOWNLOAD THREAD HERE FIRST http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=373629
AND SNARKO'S PATCH DOWNLOAD HIS SECOND HERE http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=477608
THEN DOWNLOAD MINE
Changelog:

Spoiler :
Changelog:
AI aggressiveness improved yet again a little more specifically, still not perfect but far better than before.
Acheron held issue fixed
First barbarian decreasings. Just made it less likely for their imrpovements to spawn which then decreases amount of barbarians.

Fixes AiWeights in Buildinginfos, techinfos, and unit infos XML files to encourage building buildings and units and actually researching techs.
Fixes problem of AI only using God King. They will now do things like city state which allows them to put more money towards research indirectly.
Makes AI more competitive in religions, techs, and war.
Makes Illians and others more likely to build projects.

Edited AiWeight in Buildinginfos and techinfos XML files to encourage buildings and researching religious techs
Made AI more aggressive under Ai Variables XML file to preven them from turtling and producing nothing but units
And small python file change that should allow you to take over Infernal or Mercurians when spawned.

AFTER YOU GET SNARKO'S PATCH DOWNLOAD MINE! THERE ARE ONLY A FEW FILES, JUST REPLACE THE OLD VERSION OF THE FILE WITH THE ONE FROM THE ZIP, EVERYTHING WORKS FINE AND A FEW CHANGES FIXED A LOT!

0.3 Fixes a lot of balance issues far beyond 0.2. Download it under attached files and try it out for yourself!

.zip file now in better format so you can just unzip into Rise from Erebus folder, sorry I didn't do that before!
Author
The Flame8
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 4 ratings
Top Bottom