Resource icon

Slaver Promotion 2016-10-05

This little modcomp gives you a Slaver promotion, available with Bronze Working to units who have the Combat I promotion. Only horse-mounted and foot units are eligible. Naval units, siege units, mechanized units etc cannot have the promotion (nor are they eligible to be enslaved by units with the promotion).

A unit with the Slaver promotion has a 60% chance to capture and enslave another unit, receiving a slave unit. N.B.: The slave promotion will only work if you have the Slavery civic; this promotion will not function under other civics.

A slave unit is like a worker, but there are some important differences. Slaves have only 1 move, but work 50% harder than regular workers. However, they can only build 1 improvement and then they are used up. So if you switch out of the slavery civic, it should not be long before you have no more slaves left.

Discussion thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=325513

Credits

-Gurra09, for some of the gametext and his slaves modcomp which inspired this
- Little Red Point for the slave skins
- the promotion button was borrowed from FFH
- the unit icon and event icon button was adapted from a civics button made by frenchman
- the major portion of the Python code for enslaving was by Chrill; some additional parts were supplied by The_J; and some small parts (namely, turning it into a promotion, and making sure panthers and catapults couldn't be enslaved) I managed to do myself.

Use

Unrestricted; feel free to use or modify this in any way you see fit.
  • civ4screenshot0002_TlQ.jpg
    civ4screenshot0002_TlQ.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 192
  • civ4screenshot0003_kXK.jpg
    civ4screenshot0003_kXK.jpg
    358.8 KB · Views: 109
Author
frekk
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update