(RFC) The Mongol Horde

why did you founded so many cities? the last 3 you settled could be just 1! (the southern one) it would be cheaper in every way, oh, and they wouldn't steal tiles from other cities.

anyway, let's go Mughals!!

(you can change your civ name, just press Esc and there's a option that allow you to change things about your civ naming, just search it)

why did you founded so many cities? the last 3 you settled could be just 1! (the southern one) it would be cheaper in every way, oh, and they wouldn't steal tiles from other cities.

anyway, let's go Mughals!!

(you can change your civ name, just press Esc and there's a option that allow you to change things about your civ naming, just search it)

I can't change it for a few more updates, but I'll change it soon.

To the north of the great Mughal Empire, the Mongols had turned their once prosperous capital of Kharakorum into a productive citadel. After having raised enough troops to protect the city from neighbors attacks, the city had established walls, a castle, a barracks, and stables; making the city well suited to supporting new wars. It has been centuries since the Mongols of Kharakorum had ridden out against anyone, but they were restless and needed new conquests!

By 1745, Kharakorum had raised two cannons, two keshiks and macemen to serve a restored Mongol army. It's quite small compared to the great hordes that the Great Khan once had at his command, but it will do for now. In 1745 this army moves north to rid Greater Mongolia of the independent cities that had risen up after the collapse of the first Mongolian Empire.

Spoiler :

In 1748, Ning-hsia is razed with no casualities to Mongolian troops. Unfortunately plague spreads to Kharakorum, so a longbowman is whipped to protect the city from attack from the eastern city of Ulaan-Ude.

In 1757, Ulaan-Ude to the northeast of Kharakorum revolts and tries to join the new Mongolian Empire in the north. Seeing the existing independent garrison is greatly weakened from the revolt, the garrison of Kharakorum (a longbowman and a musketeer) move and attack Ulaan-Ude. They raze it to the ground. shortly thereafter, the Mongolian army razes Ust-Kut in 1760 as well.

Now, after some fortuitious trading, I receive Constitution from the europeans for a lot of gold and a few techs. Just in time too, because I use a great engineer that had appeared twenty years ago to finish the Taj Mahal in Delhi in 1763.

Spoiler :

The Mughal Empire is flexing its new muscles. Troops are being raised in India to prepare for future invasions of Arabia, while to the North, Mongolia prepares for a war with China. The Mughals are still behind the Europeans but they are quickly catching up now, and they have an economy that runs a constant surplus at 100% research and having such a large army. Soon Asia will never forget about the Great Mongol and Mughal Empires!

For tomorrow's chapter: The Mughals are Equals to No one!

why did the Ust-Kut not auto raise ?

It was size 2, HJ. :mischief:

I'm razing cities to get my last UHV. I just need a few more razed cities to win. I'll probably play past that, but I'm planning on winning through my UHVs.

How awesome, Taj Mahal in India, historical! some years late tough :(

until when you will playing, if you continue past the UHV?

why didn't I find this sooner! great work... Shame about the collapse of mongolia

not only did you conquer 10%, but you're already making a comback and this time, WITH INDIA!!

How awesome, Taj Mahal in India, historical! some years late tough :(

until when you will playing, if you continue past the UHV?

I think I want to play until 2050 or whenever the game stops ( I don't normally play that far :lol:). I'm hoping to use my bases in India and Mongolia to create a mega Neo-Mongolian Empire but that all depends on circumstances :p

The Great Shah of the Mughal Empire realizes that the Mongolian people in India and Mongolia will always be weak unless they can somehow unify their forces. To that end, he sets into motion a plan to somehow unite the two realms in the years ahead. But first, Mongolia must be built up using Mughal technology and wealth.

So in 1775, The Mughal Empire changes its civics to free religion and commonwealth to increase research and stability. The Shah questioned weather leaving Dar-Al Islam would be a good idea, but realized that free religion would be ideal for a state that had at least two different religions in every city.

Spoiler :

Mongolian forces in Central Asia continue to devastate the region. In 1778, Karamay is razed.

In the same year, Cartographers became ecstatic when a small caravel from Mali reached India and traded its world map to the Mughal court. After creating more accurate charts of the world, the Shah realized how powerful the Muslims world was.

Spoiler :

Fortunately, the great Shah has already become very friendly with the Arabs and the Malinese, so he is happy with his good will-gesture toward the Islamic world. Using the new technology of caravels to cross the ocean, Indian ships cross the the cape of good hope on their way to Europe to trade more technologies and money with the Europeans. Hopefully, the Mughal Empire will be more caught up with the rest of the world in the future.

Kharakorum begins creating settlers to resettle Greater Mongolia. Any war in East Asia would leave Kharakorum isolated from the Mughal Empire in the south, so Greater Mongolia must be rebuilt before any great wars are to occur. So in 1784, Mongolia settles Ereen to the north

Spoiler :

And in 1799, Chita is founded in Eastern Mongolia. As these cities prepare for the great war that is to sweep through Asia, Mongolia prepares a map of the new Regions to prepare for a future war with the resurgent Chinese power to the East.

Spoiler :

Mongolian forces station themselves along the Mongolian/Chinese border. Asia is becoming increasingly unstable: both Arabia and Turkey have had been unstable/collapsing for over a century so neither should be standing for much longer. The Khmer have tried to become the new leaders of the Asian world by vassalizing China and sending armies north to conquer old Mongolian bases. The Mughal Empire will not stand for such impudence. The Mongols and the Mughal Empire have been sleeping giants for centuries, but they have come to realize that Asia has always been the inheritance of the Mongolian Empire of old. It's time they took back what the Great Genghis Khan had left them.

For Tomorrow's chapter: Asia descends into War!

Fortunately, the great Shah has already become very friendly with the Arabs and the Milanese, so he is happy with his good will-gesture toward the Islamic world. Using the new technology of caravels to cross the ocean, Indian ships cross the the cape of good hope on their way to Europe to trade more technologies and money with the Europeans. Hopefully, the Mughal Empire will be more caught up with the rest of the world in the future.
Milanese? i guess you meant Malinese :)

How much are you behind the Europeans in tech?

Milanese? i guess you meant Malinese :)

How much are you behind the Europeans in tech?

Haha, thanks. I hate auto-spell check. But yah, I'm still behind, but not too bad anymore. Think Soviet Union in the 1970s. I'm caught up in War techs (mostly), but I'm behind in techs like democracy. But, all my cities in India have libraries, monasteries, observatories and universities, and I have my research at 100% all the time. So I may be a little behind the Europeans, but I'm catching up.

why do your maps not show German and Turkish cities?

why do your maps not show German and Turkish cities?

I'm not entirely sure. As far as I can tell from my mini-map, Germany doesn't exist as a unified state, but I don't know why we can't see Turkey. I know I'm still in contact with the Turks... Hopefully those caravels I sent west will clarify things ;)

In 1807, Asia erupts in a continent wide war! Mongolia and the Mughal Empire unite to take on Khmer Empire and its vassals. Here is an idea of who we're at war with:

Spoiler :

Jungles to the east of the Mughal Empire prevent much action to the East of India, but the Arabian Empire will take up the focus of the Mughal Empire. Ideally this war will destabilize Arabia and Turkey making actions west easier.

The Northeastern front with China is where the majority of the action is. Unfortunately, Mongolia is still developing economically, so they won't be able to replenish an army if major losses are incurred. So, the Mongols move their army to the outskirts of the Chinese Capital.

Spoiler :

Fortunately, Beijing is the largest Chinese city in the Northern China and its destruction would cause three extremely important and productive cities to give in to the Mongol domination. So in 1811, Mongol cannons suffer greatly from the attack, but they manage to capture and raze Beijing.

This action causes the Mongols to win the game!

Here is the map of the Mongolian and Mughal Empire in 1811.

Spoiler :

Here's the Mongolian Empire at its height in 1500

Spoiler :

The Mongol and Mughal Empire in 1811

Spoiler :

Various Score charts:

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Demographics:

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Score:

Spoiler :

Beijing has been razed, and soon Northern China will have fallen to the horde! Soon the Mughals will advance west into Persia and soon the Mongolian and Mughal Empires will be reunited in the Great Neo-Mongolian Empire!

For tomorrow's chapter: The Mongols Advance!

your not Dan Quayle! congratz!

Top Bottom