6,050 Years in the Life of a Confused City-State

Uhh, south, even Ilduce has more posts then you seeing as the last time i said it

it got deleted

Will update very soon, stay tuned!

Hopefully.

I won't just desert you - I just have to check all my subbed threads and then I'll begin the writeup :)

160 years later. Somehow the new(ish) city-state's leaer is still alive.

The Docks

MoreEpicThanYou: So the men pull on this rope here, and the "sale" goes up; we call it that because whenever anyone in this one-horse town sees a banner go up, they think somebody down at Ilduce's markets has reduced their prices. And because of the "sale", we call the men on the ship "sale-ors". See?
Olaf: ...I see. So then the wind comes along, and you float across the water?
MoreEpicThanYou: Pretty much. And now we can go and see if there's anything interesting in the seas hereabouts. Pretty lucky our soldiers found that village inland that somehow knew this stuff, right? I mean, they weren't even near a river! :lol:
Olaf: Indeed. I'll hear your full report later, in my palace.

40 years afterwards, in Olaf's palace. He is still the picture of youth - even after 200 years.

Trexeric: A grouchy-looking upstart here to see you, sire!
Omega: And he's all high-and-mighty. Said he had a message from the great empire of Japan.

A messenger barges in, followed by four men carying a large litter. They open the curtains and the "grouchy upstart" steps out.

Grouchy Upstart: Konnichiwa, General Olaf-san. I am Tokugawa. If you know only what it is to conquer, and not what it is to be defeated, woe unto you; it will fare ill with you.
Olaf: Was that a threat? (And in an aside to his right-hand man, Red_Spy) He IS pompous, isn't he?
Tokugawa: No, but it can be if you want. :shifty:
Olaf: (quickly) No thanks. And why do you call me 'General'? Oh, never mind. I quite like it. Very well, then: There shall be peace in our time.
Tokugawa: May the peace last until there are no more enemies to conquer!
General Olaf: :eek: What?
Tokugawa:I mean, Minions! Prepare a feast to celebrate the peace between our great Empires!

Tokugawa leaves hastily.

General Olaf: Red_Spy, I think that man has it in for me.
Red_Spy: I couldn't agree more, sire.

The Cast so far:
General Olaf (Me): The (mysteriously long-lived) leader of the City-State
Civ’ed: Culture advisor
ilduce349: Economic advisor
trexeric/Omega124: Foreign advisors
Red_Spy: Right-Hand Man
MoreEpicThanYou: Military advisor
Sid, the RNG deity
SouthernKing, the Civilization deity
Narrator
Tokugawa

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot1729.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot1729.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 1,105
  • Civ4ScreenShot1730.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot1730.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 1,091
I will try and do an update every day that I have time, but they will be fairly short - some lighter reading for your amusement, as it were. :D

:goodjob: young padawan on your first story.

And if you're wondering why you're not in the story yet, Civ'ed and SouthernKing, you will turn up - probably next update :D

it is, it says in the intro.

:thumbsup: The great Civilization God has smiled upon you! :thumbsup:
:spear: SouthernKing shall bring down a storm of anti-tank spearmen on Tokugawa :spear:

what about civ rev, which had a warrior beat a tank?

Also have you ever had a copter be destroyed by a knight? Kind of an entertaining battle, to see it batted out of the sky by a nights sword

Top Bottom