Choose Religions bug.

c0dy

Chieftain
Hey, first just want to say how awesome RoM and AND are. It is everything I imagined a Civ game should be. I got Civ5 and kind of felt bad. But I'm happy to see more work is being resumed on Civ4, namely AND. I also have a programming background so perhaps I can get involved once I read the docs since I'd hate for Civ4 development to ever stop! Anyway, I just found a bug with the latest patch.

My problem running RoM - AND v1.75 with Patch-C... choose religions doesn't work. I ticked it in the settings when building a custom game. Ceremonial Burial gives Christianity and Polytheism gave Buddhism in two games, so I think they are still fixed some how. I tried searching through the .ini files but I couldn't find a choose religion option.

Thanks a lot and keep up the great work!

actually it is working "sometimes".
Yes, when you load and save (no random seed, no...) you may get to choose religions. Happened to me a couple of times.

However, rest of the cases "choose religions" it's not working, that's it.

I tried out the new beta and the choose religion dialog loops infinitely.

Picking Islam for example, the dialog will come up again (without Islam as
an option), and clicking any of the others does nothing.

Yeah, a couple of us have mentioned this problem as well. It used to work in the earlier builds. Hopefully, it will get fixed again.

In 1.75C it just gives random religion (without popup to choose). I assume it's fixed in AND 2.0, so can anyone tell me how to fix this in 1.75C? I tried to just reload save but after 10th time I got islam in the same city I just quit. I don't want islam, I want judaism (for Solomon's temple).

In 1.75C it just gives random religion (without popup to choose). I assume it's fixed in AND 2.0, so can anyone tell me how to fix this in 1.75C? I tried to just reload save but after 10th time I got islam in the same city I just quit. I don't want islam, I want judaism (for Solomon's temple).

Religion options were a bit a nightmare in AND and C2C because sometimes they were conflicting with each other (Choose Religion, Limited Religions, Inquisitors and Divine Prophets in C2C) and it took a long time to fix it. Religion options should work now in AND2 but I'll be 100% sure only once I've finished importing code from C2C dll. Unfortunately, the code is buried inside the dll, so it's not easy at all to change this thing in AND 1.75C, you have to recompile the dll and I'm not 100% sure you can do it in 1.75 without importing a big part of the code which is not strictly related to religion options.

On the religion options, I'm using beta 636 by the way, haven't updated to the latest for 2 weeks.

Using Inquisitors..*Yeah ;) * I've removed the holy city religion, but it didn't re-spawn in another civ with 2 or more of that religion in its cities. I still had many cities with the religion, so maybe that was it, but as far as I can see it says none for the holy city, and I can't see it being re-spawned anywhere.

Might have been fixed with latest Versions...might... I'll update and see if another holy city is a candidate for removal under those conditions.

Ciao

On the religion options, I'm using beta 636 by the way, haven't updated to the latest for 2 weeks.

Using Inquisitors..*Yeah ;) * I've removed the holy city religion, but it didn't re-spawn in another civ with 2 or more of that religion in its cities. I still had many cities with the religion, so maybe that was it, but as far as I can see it says none for the holy city, and I can't see it being re-spawned anywhere.

Might have been fixed with latest Versions...might... I'll update and see if another holy city is a candidate for removal under those conditions.

Ciao

Have you checked Holy City relocation under BUG options? If you have, I'll have to check the code.

Top Bottom